• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

LTJG Malko - S.N.A.F.U.

((Ishnag Education Center – Main Hall))

Maxwell: =/\= Maxwell tae Malko. We've got incoming. You are tae hold your position around the shuttle and remain undetected for now. Tell MacMahon that's an order! =/\=

:: The hail from Lieutenant Commander Maxwell was not news to Malko. Only seconds before a Starfleet officer was being carried into the triage area and the whole camp around the shuttle had gone into high alert. The medical team led by Nurse Gau was lining up tables and electron scanners in a fury of medical feng shui.

Malko was about to reply when he noticed the injured officer had dropped his tricorder coming through the path behind the landing zone... ::

Poq: ?

Jesseth: We have 14,678 gornlings on this planet in two areas – this one is the larger with 8000, and then eighteen quadrosecs away there is another building with the remaining younglings.  We have put in emergency measures and all our younglings and staff are in shelters, with the majority being in this building.  

Maxwell: What defensive systems do you have? ::Turning.:: Is there anything you need, Dr?

Jesseth: Yes, there is a medical facility on the second level.  We also have meteor shields if all evacuated staff and younglings are below ground level.

Maxwell: Then I would respectfully suggest you do so, Administrator.

Jesseth: Yes I will - ::He cut off as the shield that protected the building sizzled:: A hit on our reflective shields.  They have come.

Maxwell: Are there any weapons on site? Anything at all?

Poq/Jesseth: ?

Maxwell: I appreciate that, Administrator, but you must have something?

Maxwell: Bows, aye?

:: Behind Malko, the Marines were creating a perimeter around the shuttle, weapons raised, ready to protect the injured at any cost. Following Maxwell's orders, they were keeping the landed unit as clandestine as possible. 

Malko stepped over the thick roots in the swampy brush. If the Klingons heard this pinging Starfleet tricorder that was dropped out here, they would be on their trail. ::

Malko:  =/\= Malko to Maxwell, MacMahon is behaving. I will keep you updated on our situation. Have you and the Doctor found a...

:: Just then Malko realized why the tricorder was pinging...

- Lifeform detected -

Malko drew his phaser just as a well-worn disruptor poked its way through the foliage. A female Klingon in pastel coloured vestments tilted her head to the side. Both were surprised to see each other. The Klingon stared at Malko down the ironsights of the disruptor as he held the phaser at his hip and stood slowly. He gritted his teeth and hoped she could not see the tremble of his hand. ::

Maxwell: ?

:: He did not think it would be smart to respond. The Klingon overheard the radio chatter, and knew where they were keeping the Ambassador. Malko was painfully aware he could not let this Klingon leave his sights and share that with the rest of the cult. He was also aware he could not call for the marines and give away the position of the shuttle hidden behind him with all their injured were being treated.

A stalemate had been reached. They had a Terran stand-off on their hands.

If either of them were going to shoot, they would have done it by now. That meant this Klingon was at least somewhat interested in self-preservation. Good - he could work with that. Malko remembered he had never actually touched his commbadge to close the channel... ::

=/\=
Malko: ::slowly:: ... My name is Malko... I belong to Starfleet... I am a medical and diplomatic officer, not a soldier. As, I'm sure, you can tell. You are with Molor? What is your name?

Klingon: *low grumble* ::looking around::

Malko: I won't call for backup if you don't. It's just me and you. What is your name?

Klingon: *lower grumble*... Askade.

Malko: Askade. 
=/\=

=/\=
Malko: Askade, why do you fight for Molor?

Askade: Ha. For the pride of our people. For a glorious life. ::she smiled and bared her serrated teeth :: Why do you fight for the Gorn?

Malko: Starfleet believes all races are their people. Our houses are not defined by bloodline but by creed. When my people are threatened, I fight to protect my people. Just as I would fight to protect you, Askade, if a threat came to your home and darkened your doorstep. 

Askade: ...LIES. :: stepping forward into the clearing to close the distance, flexing her vascular musculature. ::

Malko: ::sternly:: You are not my enemy, Askade. If we were here to wage war, we would have opened fire without care for either race's casualties. We... No - I am here to protect. I have sworn this as my life's duty, and as a Klingon I'm damn sure you can respect that. ::his eyes watered::   
=/\=

• Like 1