• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Exchange Officer Possibilities!

Randal Shayne

Poll of the Week: Exchange Officer Possibilities!   

48 members have voted

1. 1. What species would your character be most interested in serving with, outside of the realms of Starfleet?

• Klingons
    • Romulans
    • Jem'Hadar
    • Bolians
    • Vulcans
    • Tamarians
    • Cardassians
    • Some other species? Let us know in the comments section below!

Starfleet has always been about exploring, and looking for similarities among differences, and embracing that which is unknown. As a result, from time to time, Starfleet officers are offered a rare opportunity- the chance to serve, in a temporary capacity, aboard a ship or instillation from another power. This is a truly special opportunity- representing the best of the Federation, while working on bridging cultural divides, is a prospect suited to only the finest officers.

Naturally, your characters would all qualify (wink).

So the question I have for you is this; what alien service would your character be most interested in joining? Would the confined, barren darkness of a Klingon warship suit their fancy? How about the spartan interiors of a Jem’Hadar beetle? Perhaps you’d prefer to serve with a species not listed below? Give us your vote, and explain away in the comments section!

Me, the player: Cardassians

Sal Taybrim: Vulcans

Shar'Wyn Foster: Klingons

I would jump at the chance to serve with them Space Kitties aboard a Caitain vessel for a while. From the big names among the list, it would be the Romulans that intrigue me. Perhaps even more so nowadays, watching out for possible changes in response to all the challenges they had to overcome in recent years.

As the player, I'd go with Romulans. They're a fascinating culture and, especially with the Romulan Republic formation going on, would be interesting to serve with for a time.

Jo, however, would staunchly choose Andorians. Her best friend (Sera zh'Aella) is one and ditched her for a year to play with the Klingon Defense Force, earning herself some PTSD in the process. Seeing what life would be like on board an Andorian starship would be up there on her bucket list.

Think I'd have to say Vulcans ftw for me. The use of pure logic to science the heck out of things would be amazing, but you know Kayla would be geeking out the whole time. I'd probably annoy the heck out of them - not that they'd show it. 😉

Gogi is not a fan of Klingons and he'd most likely drive the Vulcans nuts! XD

I think he'd like to experience Bolian culture as it's pretty similar in its values to that of his native Bardeez. He's also known to be willing to try anything at least once, so he'd love to give proper Bolian cuisine a try!

• 3 months later...

This one was hard to answer at first but as i started to get to know my character a but better, I realised she would like to get to know the Romulans better, and may well be a supporter of bringing Romulans and Vulcans closer together again. 

• 1 month later...

Romulans. Saveron is fascinated with the more moderate factions of his 'cousins'. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations.