• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Juneau's Rememberable quotes!!! IC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kettick was going through a routine check of the holodecks. You were never too cautious with holodecks. One day, they worked just fine, and the next thing you knew, you were locked in deadly battle with Evil Emperor Repulso for the control of the main computer core, just because an over-imaginative crewmate had found a way around the safety protocols.

Indeed. Here's our next mission!

• Like 2
On 1/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, Zinna said:

Quoting Lt. Cmdr. Fiorr...I love the image of this.

The reaction was just as good.

Fiorr: Well let's not forget we don’t know what life form we might be dealing with. If we are going to follow my earlier hypothesis we could end up with small bacteria, small insects, and at the end of the line…. Man size insects with actual blades in their skeleton…

T’Lea:  Now you’re just getting me excited, Commander.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Silveira: OK, we got the Orca in. This is the most Murphed mission I have been on. ::He turned around around to all the others.:: Can something work in our favor now? I offer desserts and sweets...

There's something really special about a phrase like, "this is the most murphed mission I have been on". the use of Murphed as a verb is just. *chef's kiss* Impeccable use of the English language, and how weird you can make it while still completely understanding the sentiment. It's possible I'm very tired, but frankly I laughed for a solid three minutes about it.

Edited by Dekas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...

Silveira: From your words it looks like we should speak softly but carry a big stick Captain.

Oddas/Any: Response

Cassian looked around at what he was beginning to consider a very casual tactical officer making a note to review his file as soon as possible. It wouldn’t be a good look for him to already be planning department reviews but it was on the forefront of his mind.

I can’t fully explain what it is about Cassian’s thought process that entertains me so, but the quickness of the considering department reviews over casual commentary is hysterical to me and I love him already. I enjoy the character voice so far overall despite the newness of him, but little things like that quickly solidify enjoyment for me. 10/10 I feel like he’s going to be a very entertaining XO to have around for both expected and unexpected reasons, as well as bringing an interesting dynamic about. And I, for one, am kinda living for it.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Kendrick: Tell me doctor, am I going to die? You can tell me the truth. I can handle it.

There’s nothing I don’t love about @John Kendrick’s writing tbh. What an icon. Quality character. I’d personally die for him. And that line gave me a good laugh the instant I read it so it deserved a mention.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was something odd about the layout of the mine, the tunnel, and where the 'vault' would be - further down the mine.  The supply console exposed, it was odd in her mind and she wished T'Lea was here, someone with a bit more of a streak for the criminality.  The thought almost brought a smile to her face. She considered it and rubbed her forehead.

LOL  I'm sure Oddas meant that in the nicest most flattering way possible. ;) Hee hee.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The Red Headed Engineer popped up from behind the bar where she was working on an emitter to free her horse.  For a split second Wyss frowned at the red birdman knowing it was another malfunction.

Wyss:  Great.  What else could go wrong.

Dekas: Ah, sorry if I’ve intruded at all. My curiosity got the best of me. This is very interesting.

The fact that he was not totally freaked out by the horse stuck in the bar told Wyss exactly what she needed to know.  And now she felt like a fool.  But in her defense she’d never met a… whatever species the red birdman was.

Wyss:  Wait, you’re real?  ::flustered::  Sorry, I mean, of course you’re real.  You’re here, in the fleather…  I mean, the flesh.  The feather.  The fleshy feather.  ::mortified::  I like the color of your fea...thers. oO Stop saying feathers!Oo

She scowled at herself not knowing if what she said was inappropriate, or how to stop her mouth from insulting the man. 

The tickle in the T’Lea’s belly was masterfully suppressed, but only because if she laughed she wouldn’t be able to hear the absurdities that followed.  The Red Head was digging a hole so deep that she’d probably reach an alternate universe soon.  It was entertainment at its best.  The Romu-vulc leaned back against the bar and watched behind the brim of her hat.

@TLea I find both Wyss' reaction to seeing an Aurelian which she's never seen hysterical, and I think T'Lea's reaction to Nyka equally hysterical. "You're here, in the fleather..." I barked a laugh in my real life reading that, and then giggled the rest of the way through the entirety of the sim, but this section is so good I could just die.

Edited by Dekas
  • Like 4

((Red River Street))

The entire town was looking and pointing to the sky.

T’Lea:  That’s frakked too, then. ::at Wyss:: Good work engineer. 

Wyss flipped T’Lea the bird, and then affixed her eyes up toward the Hotel’s second story.  About ten feet from the balcony was the computer arch laying horizontal in mid-air.

Wyss:  Let’s hope nobody else joins us.

T’Lea:  And just how are we supposed to leave?

Wyss: ::annoyed:: We fix it, duh.

The Aurelian felt a variety of tension from between the Doctor and Wyss, but also T’Lea and Wyss. He decided to keep his attention on the problem.

Dekas: I… I think I can actually get up there. ::he very pointedly twitched his wings:: But I might scare a few townsfolk in the process.

He was considering doing it anyway. After all, one couldn’t fix a computer if you couldn’t reach it. But he could reach it with some effort. He was simply going to have to accept that this was about to go from a Western to a Sci-Fi Western in the process. Or that maybe it already had. 

T’Lea/Wyss/Indobri: response

As weird as everything was, he was finding humor in it.

Dekas: Well someone’s gotta say it. ::he struggled not to laugh at the absurdity of the situation, and the phrase about to leave his mouth with as little as he knew about this setting in particular:: Yeehaw.

T’Lea/Wyss/Indobri: response.

Sometimes just one little word is enough to say it all.  "Yeehaw" made me snort my morning coffee. :)  And the visual image of Dekas possibly flying up to the holo-deck's arch in a western is hilarious itself.  Can't wait for that! 

• Haha 4

Dekas: Computer, arch?

The beep of the arch did sound off again. It was hard to tell where it actually came from, though.

oO Whoops. Oo

At the very least it sounded like it was nearer to the ground this time. It was a little closer to being right, and if nothing else it meant he wouldn't have to fly in place anymore. Small victories, he supposed.

This is the Juneau's version of "where did I park my car".  Just keep clicking the remote to make the car honk it's horn.  You'll find it sooner or later!  ;)

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Williams: Also nice to meet you Mr… Dekker, was it? I know it starts with a D but I am not sure…

The Aurelian gave a small chuckle that the intelligence officer couldn’t remember the name correctly.

Dekas: ::slightly playful:: *Technically* it doesn’t start with a D. It’s just how it translates over into the more romanized Standard. But you were very close. It’s Dekas. And it’s very nice to meet you.

Williams: Right, that was it. I apologize. Not that good with names. But working on it. This is your first posting, is it not?

Dekas: It is! It’s been quite an insightful experience so far.

Williams: Well I look forward to hearing a few pointers on how your introduction went. Surely you picked a better spot to make your introductions to the Captain.

He nodded, taking another sip of the wine near him. Something that was settling as a comfortable little warmth in him. Perhaps a little too comfortable. Taking the term lightweight to a new level given how more humanoid alcohol processed in his system quicker than he wanted it to. 

Dekas: And I look forward to hearing your name

He heard himself, and inwardly noted that it came off far more flirtatious in tone than the playful jest he’d intended it to be. Some of the feathers on his face fluffed up, but he ignored it and leaned back calmly.

Dekas: But the, ah, the bridge is usually a good place to meet a Captain, I’d say.

Our Aurelian Ensign @Dekas getting a bit tipsy there :D. I absolutely loved this little exchange between him and Commander Williams. It was another difficult day at work yesterday, but reading this SIM during lunch break made me smile and forget my worries for a moment. Great job! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2