• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPCs Hermes and Athena - The Defense of Olympus

((Athens, Greece - 2000 B.C. [Main Engineering]))

::Ah, Athens! Greek's people lucky enough to not be stuck in the middle of nowhere or stranded on an island or in a labyrinth were, for the most part, gathered here in Athena's neck of the woods. Hermes didn't necessarily like Athena, but he didn't hate her either. Though she was technically his sister by patronage, he didn't call on her often. Then again, almost every God in Olympus was related, in some fashion or another.

Today he had reason, however. So along the clouds he dashed, gracefully riding the mist of the morning toward the place named for Athena. He grunted irritably as he thought of her. No one ever named a city after him. But he shook his annoyance with Greece off of him like the feather of a bird, and found himself atop Athens’ temple to the namesake Goddess. Unseen by the people milling below, he wandered around the roof, watching the masses.::

Athena: Why are you here?

::A sky grin came across Hermes’ face as the voice sounded from behind him. He knew it wouldn't take long for her to show up.::

Hermes: ‘Thena, how's tricks?

Athena: I did not invite you into my city. State your business or I will skin your insides.

Hermes: You'd have to catch me first. ::He yawned lazily, and then turned to face her with a half grin hitched on his lips.:: We have a problem.

::Athena was elegant as always in a snow white gown that flowed to the ground, not showing much skin at all, which by Hermes’ standards was blasphemy. He himself wore a subligaria he'd ripped off from the Romans that covered his family jewels, and not much else.

Giving Hermes a scowl of loathing, Athena didn't say anything. Instead, she waited for Hermes to explain. He sighed, wishing she'd at least play along, but gave in.::

Hermes: Things have been happening in Olympus. Indeed, all around Greece. I'm sure you've noticed by now.

Athena: I've noted odd happenings. I assumed it was you, or Aries, causing mayhem for the amusement.

Hermes: I wish I could say that was true, ‘Thena. But ::he sighed:: they are not of Olympian origin.

::Athena studied him with pursed lips and a doubtful gaze.::

Athena: If not from a God, then from where are these machinations appearing? I recently witnessed no less than twelve dragons fighting in my skies. What else but a God has the power to create such things?

Hermes: Only one thing Zeus can think of.

Athena: ::Her eyes widened, and then her scowl returned with ferocity.:: No. Its secure. Cronus himself knows not its location.

Hermes: Well, it's been moved, for our own safety. With so many strange sightings, Zeus has determined that we are under attack by beings from another realm. None can have access to...it.

Athena: If it is secure, why do you come here?

::Hermes gave another sly grin.::

Hermes: Well, I need a favor. I have been appointed as the master of defense in this trying time, and I need some...minions...to assist me.

Athena: I do not keep monsters in my city. Go find them elsewhere.

Hermes: Come on ‘Thena, I know you don't have anything here….but you do know where I can find what I seek.

::Athena gave Hermes a gaze of scrutiny, thinking on his words.::

Athena: Fine. I'll give you the information you seek.

::Hermes grinned broadly. Together, they vanished, in order to prepare the defenses of Olympus.::

((Timeskip - A Few Hours Later))

::Everything was in place. Well, at least he thought so. Hermes had finally convinced his new beastie friend to play along, and now it was in place, he needed to search for the source of the intruders.

Greece was a large place, and so knowing just where to look was quite difficult. He started in Athens, and then, leaving the city scoured the countryside of Attika, and found nothing. Through Kephallonia and Thermopylai he searched, and found nothing. It wasn't until he decided to search a bit closer to home, and maybe bring Artemis’ lazy ass into the hunt, that something strange finally happened.

Three people talking in hushed words caught his eye. This wasn't anything so odd, three people talking was as common as Zeus’ extra-marital escapades. What was really odd was their appearance. One was normal enough. The second was mostly normal, except for a few subtle spots on her head and neck. The last one was monstrous. His skin was ugly and gray, he had weird ridges on his face and the odd look of someone who just fell out of bed.::

Maxwell/Poq/Rohan: ?

::He listened from his hiding spot, not understanding at all what they were talking about. This was annoying. As a God of Olympus, he felt insulted that he couldn't decipher the strange words they used. It wasn't a language barrier, it was their vocabulary. They talked about...holo-somethings, and main enginwhoosits. Gah! Annoying!

Deciding it was time to do something, Hermes revealed himself. His barely clothed form sparkled in the marvelous sun, his skin carved from marbles his hair the color of a sea of wheat. His excellence would surely astound these newcomers.::

Hermes: Welcome, friends from afar!

Hermes: I am Hermes, Messenger of the Gods, God of trade, thieves, travelers, sports, athletes, border crossings, and guide to the Underworld! Who might you be?

Hermes: Smartass, I see. Well I don't know what you seek. But perhaps I can help you find it.

::He kept his voice benevolent, as if he only wanted to help them. Of course, he'd soon enough get what information he needed, and lead them to his beastie friend...::

~*~

Hermes

Messenger of the Gods

&

Athena

Goddess of Wisdom

As simmed by

~*~
Ensign Evelyn Rós
Science Officer
StarBase 118 Ops