• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lower Decks Interview: Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith, USS Gorkon

StarBase 118 Staff

We’re here with another interview with a newer member of our community. The title of this column is “Lower Decks,” hearkening back to the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode titled “Lower Decks,” in which junior officers aboard the Enterprise-D speculate on the reasons for recent unusual actions taken by the command crew near the Cardassian border.

This month’s interview is with the writer behind Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith playing a Human/Denobulan hybrid male tactical officer assigned to the USS Gorkon.

GALVEN: Thank you for taking the time to do an interview with me. Could you tell us a little about yourself for our readers out there?

SMITH: Thanks for the chance to do this interview. My names Zech, I’m 18 and from England. I’m an avid Star Trek fan and have watched almost everything. I have two more canon films and the JJverse films and then I will have watched everything in just over 2-3 years I can’t remember.

Out of all the permitted species listed on the wiki, did you take any inspiration from any film/TV show/book when you chose to play a Denobulan?  

Yes. Dr. Phlox is one of my favourite characters in Star Trek. He is really interesting as is his species (Denobulan) I wanted to explore them further and develop them more as apart from in Enterprise we don’t see them. Since then I’ve, with the help of yourself and another one of the Denobulans Pholin Duyzer, we have created the entire planet of Denobula and even gone into a little bit of history on the planet which was super fun.

The Xalor Clan Xifilis Award is awarded to any simmer that overcomes any kind of disadvantage while simming. What is that disadvantage and does it give you all the more enthusiasm and drive to write even more?

Well I am disabled, as I’ve shared in the Discord I have multiple problems mostly surrounding my legs. I have a drive to write as it gives me something to do other than play video games and watch TV. I don’t get out much due to my conditions so having something that’s so much fun to take part in is really fun and I enjoy it so much.

Rear Admiral Quinn Reynolds presented that award to you as well as saying that you’re open and candid about your disability. Why do you feel it’s important for you to express that?

I don’t like hiding the fact I have a disability. There’s people that do and I respect why they’ve chosen to but personally I like to let people know. It’s… part of me I guess and well it’s always going to be a part of me and it’s interesting to talk about and quite the conversation starter. There’s a quote I think that describes what I’m trying to say perfectly. It’s Look past the disability and see the ability. If anyone has questions please don’t hesitate to ask me I don’t mind talking about it.

You’re extremely active OOC and are on Discord numerous occasions. What’s been your favorite part of being with the community so far?

It has to be the community. Everyone is so kind, and helpful. There’s a respect between us all that spreads across so many cultures and faiths. It’s just nice how we can all look past it all and just enjoy writing about a programme that brings as all together to create this amazing community and I’m so happy I’m apart of it.

And finally, you actually invited me as well as a few others to 118, do you have any advice for anyone that’s interesting in joining our community?

Just do it! We’re a friendly bunch and we don’t bite in all seriousness though this is such a fun place and community to be apart of, everyone is so welcoming and as I said friendly. Just don’t let Sevo experiment on you 😉

Thanks for your time, Lieutenant JG Smith!

You can read more about Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith on the wiki.

The post Lower Decks Interview: Lieutenant JG Groznin Smith, USS Gorkon appeared first on UFOP: StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG.

ufopsb118?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ufopsb118?i=JXewhwTjqO4:GxLkaRfF2-0:D7Dq ufopsb118?d=qj6IDK7rITs
JXewhwTjqO4

View the full article

• Like 3