• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek XI: Romulan Wars?

From Slashdot.com:

"TrekToday reports that the next Star Trek movie will deal with the war between Earth and the Romulans that led to the founding of the Federation. According to Rick Berman, the film will be 'set before the time of Kirk, but will not be connected with Enterprise.' So how will they make this fit with the Classic Trek episode Balance of Terror, in which we learned that no human ever saw the face of a Romulan during the Romulan Wars?"

Here's the TrekToday story:

The Romulan Wars are tipped to be the subject of the next Star Trek feature film.

Enterprise executive producer Brannon Braga reportedly told the Star Trek Communicator that the series may not be able to feature the Romulan Wars because of a possible clash with the upcoming movie.

"It's certainly one of the things that we've been discussing," Braga reportedly said. "But there's also a prequel feature in development regarding the Romulan Wars, so we might have to stay away from that." In the same magazine, franchise head honcho Rick Berman said Trek XI would be set before the time of Kirk, but would not be connected with Enterprise.

The first sighting of the Romulans came in the second-season episode, "Minefield", in which the NX-01 inadvertantly strayed into Romulan territory. According to established Star Trek lore, the Romulan Neutral Zone was established in 2160 after a long war between Earth and the Romulans. With "Zero Hour" taking place in 2154, the Romulan Wars could conceivably take place during Enterprise's run.

Braga also discussed the storylines in development for Enterprise's fourth season, including the return of the Temporal Cold War. "One thing we're discussing is possibly blowing the lid off the Temporal Cold War once and for all," he reportedly said. "That's probably something we'll do in this first storyline. I can't say that for sure, because we're just getting into it. But I'd really like to resolve that and put a cap on it. It would be a nice thing to do after three seasons of teasing it along."

The foundation of the Federation could also start to figure heavily in the series. "There are going to be some major interstellar events and conflicts happening that could involve the forming of the federation. We're going to see more of what's going on back at Earth. We might see something dealing with the Eugenics Wars."

To read the complete interviews with Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, pick up the latest issue of the Star Trek Communicator. Thanks to 'guyute03' for providing these excerpts!

::Gag::

I have no interest in seeing an Enterprise movie, for starts. Luckily for me, however, "[sT:XI] would not be connected with Enterprise."

The hell?

So it's not going to be an ENT movie. Does that mean it's going to be another time travel movie, with Riker/Titan? ::Vomits:: Or worse, does it mean we're going to see a whole new crew of nobodies that's going to ensure this movie shoots straight to the top of the "Worst Movie Release Earnings Ever" list?

This sounds terrible. I'm very worried :-\

Honestly, as weird and somewhat disappointing that premise sounds, I'm totally excited.

1. I've always been intrigued as to what happens during the Romuan War. To see it in cinematic form is more than I could've ever predicted.

2. Perhaps Star Trek is moving to a different casting format. Instead of drawing the characters from the TV show, getting fresh blood will maybe pull in a much larger audience- trekker and non-trekker alike.

3. This site has shown some possible foreshadowing that I find really interesting. Daedalus Class Starships

Guess it will depend on who they cast as the crew. Like Wolf, I live in fear that they cast a load of Z list celeb's who create the worst movie of all time.

Still think they made a mistake with going into the past with ENT so you can guess how I feel about a movie in the past.

It's go "straight to video" written all over it. :(

Sounds like a mini-series, not a movie. I defiantely think the powers that be in the trek world now are just totally running it into the ground. We have two Series and two well liked crews in the shape of DS9 and Voyager that could have movies. Or if they were going to be ambitious: three crews in the same time frame. Why do they need to go back in time? Or even if they were going to do, at *least* do it with the Enterprise crew after they've finished their tv run. I'd think that was better than trying to develop a new crew for a movie.

Well i want to c a movie set in the future the seach for data (another time travell) the tian and the ent travelling though space and time looking for data. hey. no copy him, copy B4's mind and build an new Data u can c i realy want data back! :angry:

Edited by Beta

I think the way to go about it would be to have the TNG or DS9 crew be in the same film as the Enterprise team.

Personally i Dont think the they should have made Enterprise, why couldn't they use the same acters in a different programme set after the Dominaion War?

I vote that we have part of each.Enterprise shouldnt of been made but its better then watch say the same series over and over and over and over and over.

Maybe not.

The last time i watch enterprise was a few months ago just as they entered the rift.

But i'll stand by what i said enterprise is better then watch the same series over and over.

I suggest that you watch some of this last season. It improved vastly.

As for the Romulan Wars movie (to get the thread back on track), I'm going to withhold judgment for now. We'll see how it goes.

It should be a good film. But you never know.

yes, I would also watch it.........if only to see what it was like.

Edited by Devlin

I think we could see a mix of the battle scenes in First Contact with some in the 3rd Enterprise season which would be well worth watching if they can get some good acters and of course some good ship designs.

And again i agree with S McCall.

Nemisis....urgh.

as for the new one, ill see, if only because im a trekkie. i dont know it might be interesting to see what they even if only for the sake of being able to complain later.

Complain and TNG films go together very well aside from First Contact. I hope they learn from the mistakes of the recent films which seem to be more along the lines of star wars rather than star trek. The over reliance on constant battles all the way through the film just does not help.

I love a large battle as much as the next guy but it is kind of pointless if the battle is in the film just for the sake of it.