• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Choi, Foster, Blackwell - JP: Drunk Sincerity

((Rue’s Quarters - U.S.S Eagle))

((2 days post mission))

::Rue was sitting on the couch, starting quietly out the window that allowed her the view the void of space. After the mission and the excitement, she had slept… and then had a long, thoughtful talk with Saveron. It was a conversation that she knew she had needed to have with him, she only regretted that it had been well… too little, too late. She closed her eyes, leaning back her head against the frame of the window. It hurt. Losing what could have been hurt. More than she wanted to admit. The temptation to sit on that thought, that hurt, and simply hide out for shore leave was there, but she had to consider… that simply would be doing the same thing that had caused her hurt in the first place… hiding, and concealing. So instead, she hit the comm badge on her shoulder to Wyn Foster::

Blackwell:: Hey Wyn ?

Foster: =/\= Hey what? =/\= ::The Andorian’s voice was sharp and dry as ever::

Blackwell: =/\=Feel up for playing bartender tonight and hanging out? Perhaps you, me and Choi? We could even watch a movie… that you and Choi choose. =/\= ::she managed a sound of humor following that::

Foster: =/\= Sounds horrifying.=/\= ::There was a thoughtful pause:: =/\= I’ll bring the good alcohol. =/\=

Blackwell:: Sounds good. See you then.

((Time Skip - Wyn’s Quarters, U.S.S Eagle))

::Wyn no longer had the expansive set of family quarters that he did on the Galaxy class USS Constitution-B.  Then again he wasn’t looking over his dad, an adopted kid and an adopted hologram… well he still had the hologram, and the hologram’s holographic dog but his Dad (who truth be told looked after Wyn as much as Wyn looked after him) had taken a nice cushy starbase position, Ozameen was now old enough to enter Starfleet Academy on his own… and Wyn was now in a modest set of senior chief’s quarters on this tiny ship, with Mark set up in a makeshift hologram recharging area in sickbay.

And even with all those changes he still had enough time to set up a bar.

He also did the nice thing for his guests and raised the ambient temperature of his quarters by quite a few degrees.  Just so it was warm enough for humans to be comfortable, but no so warm that Andorians were miserable. There was a fairly known understanding that ‘one should bring a jacket’ when visiting Wyn’s quarters.

He did not, however, adjust the lights.  Heat he could handle, bright lights were his nemesis and foe to all things drinking and carousing.::

Foster: So, hey come on in.  ::He looked up as the door chime rang and the door opened.

::Ji-hu ran into Rue just outside of Wyn’s quarters. He still wasn’t used to being on the smaller vessel after the Constitution and then living on an Immense-class starbase. The name said it all. He’d never understood the concept of being fashionably late until ending up on the Eagle. He seemed to be ten minutes early for everything.::

::Ji-hu made sure to wear a heavy hoody to Wyn’s. Seoul was steamy and while sunny San Francisco could be cool depending on the seasonal, Wyn’s place was--understandably--always a bit like a fridge.::

Blackwell: ::She showed up and was wearing an elegantly oversized sweater that fell to her knees like a tunic and leggings underneath and simple shoes, with a light hint of makeup and hair done. She carried a box in her hands. She stepped in and looked about:: Nice place already

Choi: Aww, I miss your big dining room table. Guess that’s the switch off from a Galaxy-class.

Foster: Yeah, small place.  Everything here is smaller. That’s OK - it just makes the bar look bigger.

Blackwell: :She grinned at that and stepped in with her box:: There are so many jokes I just won’t make.

Choi: ::grinning:: I… well… I won’t say anything.

Foster: Did you eat yet?  I don't want anyone drinking on an empty stomach.

Blackwell: ::She held up the box:: That is what this is for. I had the replicator make a series of small snacks and hors d’oeuvres to eat while we drink.  

Choi: I ate, but I’m always up for snacks! What’re you serving tonight, Doctor?

::Only a few people knew that Wyn Foster was a competent chef.  Not a gourmet chef by any stretch of the imagination, but competent.  He had grown up making dinners with his Dad and kept the tradition alive with his odd little blended family on the Constitution.

But his forte was mixing drinks.  He knew hundreds of classic [...]tails from various species, and had a good nose for mixing things to people’s tastes.  Tonight they would be drinking his favorite.::

Foster: Samarian Sunsets!

Choi: Sounds good to me, make mine a double! I need it after the last few days…

Blackwell:She looked to Wyn and nodded to what Choi Said::

::Ji-hu took a seat at the corner seat of Wyn’s bar, his back against the wall.::

Choi: I’m glad we’re finally getting a bit of time together. Launch was pretty nuts. How’ve your duty shifts been?

Foster: I got stuck in sickbay.  Nothing new there.

::He harrumphed as he mixed the alcohols for the sunsets and gently layered them in the glasses before he prepared to add the pinch of acid that would make the sunset bloom.::

Blackwell: I’m getting the hang of it, ::She grinned a bit:: It was a bit nuts but… nice to have control of the wings around us.

Choi: Yeah, I got to work with some of the senior officers down on Verellia. And Ensign Drex. ::taking a sip:: She was amazing. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was running Starfleet by the time the year is out.

Foster: ::ever the pragmatist:: She’s an enthusiastic kid, but I wouldn’t wish running Starfleet on anyone...

Blackwell: ::She giggles:: I like Drex. She’s fun, intelligent and has energy. She’ll do well here.

Choi: Everything okay, Rue? You seem a little… blue. ::to Wyn:: Not that there’s anything wrong with being blue!

::Wyn blinked at that - not the ‘blue’ comment but that he picked out Rue as being down after she was giggling.  Either that was T’Choi talking or he was shooting blanks in the dark.::

Blackwell::She paused, and wondered briefly if what ever had happened to Choi in the past few months had given him additional sensitivity, or if he had always been so empathetic. She started setting out the treats she had brought - Crab Rangoons, bruschetta, fried shrimp and sauce and some chicken wings things along with some fruit and vegetables and considered what to say:: I… did need a little company tonight, if that is what your asking… hence why I strong armed Wyn into a little get together. ::She chuckled:: Everything is fine.

::Ji-hu shot Wyn a look.  He’d had enough drinks to notice she didn’t seem to be her usual high-octane self, but Wyn knew her better.::

Foster: What?  ::He used the opportunity of Choi looking at him to flick Choi’s glass, causing a cascade of colors to bloom throughout his drink as he handed it to the engineer::  You’ve never seen her down before?

:Rue felt a pang of guilt. She relied on Wyn...too damn much. And she was in a way, doing it again. But she hoped instead to push away from that, she wanted support, to feel cared for, but...in a way that everyone was enjoying the benefits, not just her. Then again, the advice that Saveron had given her echoed in her mind::

::Wyn was starting to wonder if he was the only person who saw his crew through their ups and downs, at their best and at their worst.::

Blackwell: ::She looked between the two and settled in a seat at the little bar and rested her chin in the cup of her hand:: I… don’t want to make tonight about discussing my problems, gentleman… and it isn’t really a problem. It’s something that makes sense, just still… stings. Like certain healthy medical procedures… right Wyn? You hate the initial feeling, but know you need it done.

::Stings.  ::His antennae flared up, it was time for Wyn to be the mind reader.  His guess was Saveron was what stung. The oh so logical Vulcan didn’t want attachments, and after a failed marriage and then a romance that turned into stalking Wyn could understand why.  Still Rue was a human and no matter how hard humans tried to not get attached… they got attached.::

Choi: ::nodding sagely:: Like regular checkups and annual stress tests! ::eyes going wide:: Oh yeah, I still haven’t done my stress test this year...

Foster: You should get in and get that over with, before the mission while you can still use the holodeck instead of running on a treadmill in Sickbay.

Blackwell:: She chuckles:: I hate getting shots, but I know when I need them… Right around when Wyn tells me.

Foster: Hey, at least you listen to the reminders - that’s better than some crew.  ::he smiled a bit::

Blackwell: ::She returned Wyns smile and shrugged:: Well, I like to ...try and not be a pain in the [...]. Sometimes…….but hey, in terms of how things are going overall, I think ...for a first mission, things are going well. The new crew is easy to work with thus far, It’s good to have you back Choi, and my room is very nice, if smaller. It’s cozy. I sort of wish I had a pet though. Maybe I need a holocat. 

Choi: I could mod you a program! There’s some really interesting new holo-companion lines coming out of a Starfleet R&D for deep space installations! Their cats have extra disdain subroutines and the kinetic meshing is superb! You can really feel it jumping on your face at four in the morning!

::As if on command, Olaf whuffed and trotted out from Wyn’s bedroom to lay his head in Rue’s lap, looking up at her with big brown eyes as if to say she was Momma::

Foster: He still remember you.

Blackwell: Oh my gosh! Olaf! You kept him? He’s here? ::She looked extremely pleased and leaned down to give Olaf a face pet and squeeze, and started making cooing noises::

Choi: ::sagely:: I’d hope so! You can’t just throw out a pet, even if they are holo-simulated!

Foster: Of course we kept him!  He sleeps with Mark when Mark recharges off duty.  It’s just that these quarters are quite a bit smaller than the ones on the Conny.  We’ve had to make some adjustments.

Blackwell: It is fine...I am just glad to see him.

Foster: Ok, I’m mixing a second round, who wants one?

Blackwell: Me!

Choi: I… I guess! Another double, Dr. Bartender!

: :And that was the start of what would prove to be a very interesting evening…::

((Shar’Wyn Foster’s Quarters - USS Eagle))

::Over an hour and many drinks later and no matter how cool Wyn Foster kept his apartment it was starting to feel quite warm.::

::Rue had… after a few drinks, had to shed the sweater. She was wearing a light tank top underneath that was modest enough, but it let her cool off, but meanwhile, she had leaned back to listen to Choi tell stories. Her mind was feeling warm and fuzzy and wandered from the way that shadows caught Wyn’s attractive cheekbones, and How Choi’s face was so kind when he laughed. She couldn’t help but just lean back and enjoy their presence, and the view a bit while she sipped another strong and well mixed drink::

Choi: … and then I said, “You put your hyperspanner in there and it's going to cause a haptic spooling cascade!”

::Ji-hu laughed, sloshing his drink slightly. He missed working on his R&D lab on the Constitution, reminiscing with Wyn and Rue about the crew had reminded him of that. He’d have to have a conversation with Commander Oddas about setting up a field lab on the Eagle. He’d already been eying a piece of property on the stern section with a perfect view of the nacelles.::

Choi: ::pause:: Get it? With the response time the temporary storage on the prosthetic would have caused a cascade to make it look like… the hand was… you know... 

Blackwell: ::She laughs hard and leans back:: OooooOoo. Naughty naughty Choi!

Foster: Well I’m glad you guys got it because I didn’t get a dang thing.  ::He grumbled into his rapidly emptying cup.::

Choi: ::slurring a little:: Sorry, been awhile since I’ve been out drinking with crewmates! Didn’t really get to know anyone too well on Starbase 104, lots of turnover in the R&D department. Anyways, you know, haven’t had this much to drink in ages!

Blackwell: Aw, that’s a bummer.

Foster: Turnover?  You mean you didn’t keep all those charming companions like that Tellarite and stuff?

::That was as accurate as drunk Wyn got.::

Blackwell: Oh that Narrows it down, Wyn!

::He threw his arm around Wyn and Rue.::

Choi: Sure have missed the two of you! We should do this after every mission!

Foster: The drinking or the hugging part?  ::he asked as he rocked to one side, not resisting the hug.::

Blackwell:She blinked as she was caught in the embrace, feeling herself embraced. She laughed and then joined in, stretching an arm to hug Wyn, and Choi:: Aw, but Wyn doesn’t like hugs!

Choi: ::squeezing Wyn slightly:: Too bad, Dr. Foster! We’re treating your grumpiness with a regimen of more hugs!

::Ji-hu realized how ridiculous he sounded. He should probably drink some water…::

Foster: I never said I didn’t like hugs!  ::he tsked his tongue against the roof of his mouth::  It’s just not something you rush up and do in broad view of others now is it?

Blackwell: So worried about keeping up appearances aren’t you, Wyn? ::She teased at him::

Choi: ::teasing:: He has his reputation as a surly medical professional to keep!

Foster: I’m pretty sure keeping up appearances is a human thing.

Blackwell: Hmmm, a little bit, yeah ::She shakes her head and laughs with a ruefully:: the problem with that is we get so mixed up in … keeping appearances, we just end up living with a lot of regret... but… I’m gonna change that for myself. ::She nodded, as making some sort of promise to herself, or the booze, or both. Either way, she then downed what was left in her glass in one, long, satisfied drink::

Choi: Oh yeah? What’re you gonna change, Rue-Rue?

Blackwell: By… not worrying so much about appearances… and missing opportunities because of it… ::She started to blush deeply and look at them both:: woo...the liquor is talking now, Quick Wyn, get me more booze to make it stop! ::She laughs, and then goes suddenly quiet, and in a quick movement, she leans in and kisses Wyn, warmly, and gently, and looks to Choi, and gave him a gentle kiss as well, and blinked as if she wasn’t quite ...sure the magnitude of what she had done, and stared for a moment:: ….More booze?

::Wyn just stopped at that, antennae curling in confusion.::

::Ji-hu blinked, his head spinning a little bit from the drink, still not sure what just happened.::

Choi: Just water for me. ::pause:: That’s… that’s not a comment on you… you know! I just think I’m going to fall over if I drink any more!

::He shot a look to see how Wyn would react. He knew they were close friends but Ji-hu always wondered if there was something more between Rue and Wyn. He also valued their friendship… and of course more with Wyn, but he knew how feelings could make things change between people.::

::Silence.  More silence.  Slowly all eyes fell onto the most explosive person in the room.::

Foster: Wh-- what the hell was that?!  ::He finally blurted out, looking between them.::

Blackwell:She swallowed and felt her heart beating through her chest:: Wyn...It was ..a kiss.

::While Rue was heartfelt, Ji-hu was oddly silent.

Wyn’s antennae curled in dismay, wondering if the pair of them were trying to pull a cruel joke on him.  He didn’t want to believe that they would… but this toyed with his emotions, and a core that badly wanted some sort of closeness with people while a massive part of him shielded himself from the pain of failed relationships.::

Foster: Yeah, ok, kissy drunk.  ::He frowned a little, looking between the pair.:: Right, sure.

Blackwell: Wyn ::She straightened, and while the liquor was still addling her brain, a sense of adrenaline was was sobering her up very quickly::

Foster: Yes?

Blackwell:....What….am I missing? Why are you so...[...]ed? 

Foster: I’m [...]y because I’m confused.  ::He said bluntly, pouring his companions both a water and himself a double shot of the strongest thing on the bar.::

Blackwell: Confused...how? ::Oh, it was a stupid question, but her brain was working at the speed of molasses and she was just trying to comprehend the magnitude of how badly she had just screwed this up:: Why?

::Wyn blinked, not really angry at Rue, but feeling perhaps more than a little drunkenly hurt at Choi’s silence.  Then again it was a trend for the two of them when relationships came to pass.::

Foster: Why shouldn’t I be confused?  I used to date him ::he pointed at Choi:: I’ve known you forever and a day ::He pointed to Rue:: I’m drunk and I’m biologically hardwired to be attracted to both sexes.  ::And he was none too happy about that either.::

Blackwell::She set her empty glass down and leaned forward, pressing her hands together::  ….You’re right, you have every right to be confused...and angry. ::she pursed her lips, and stood up, which she soon realized was likely a mistake, but rather than undoing it, she leaned a hand on her chair:: Truth...is ….I’ve been attracted to you for a long time. Started...as a girlhood crush..grew into something more. ::pushed her hair back from her face:: Which...I...fought back after you and Choi got together...since well, you deserve...happiness and Choi made you happy. ::she exhales and throws her hand up::  But nothing - and I mean nothing- of my friendship to you was artificial, or fake. ….::and her mind jumped as she still attempted to sober up, but the words came tumbling out::Then I was...attracted to Saveron...for a long time, probably since after the Hinji mission..and well, chickened out on that…::She frowns a bit at herself:: I’m a -coward- when it comes to people. I can face enemies, surgery, my own death, but when it comes to people, I choke.
::Wyn Foster hit a dead stop and he tinged a very curious navy tone.  It was irritatingly cute on his pale blue skin.  He tried to maintain that gruff pessimistic doctor demeanor, but it crumbled into one seeking word question uttered in soft tones.::

Foster: Why… didn’t you… tell me?

::He felt supremely stupid that he never noticed.  Able to perceive a heart murmur at thirty paces but see a relationship right in front of his face?  Pure miss.  Way to go, Wyn.::

Blackwell:: ..Why? Well hell, Wyn, maybe because I was afraid you, Saveron, everyone else would just turn either be hurt because of me, by me, and not only would you be hurt, I’d lose you. ::She had a bit of vehemence in her face, starting to work herself up::. First, I know damn well I am a mess of a person. I’m cracked in all sorts of ridiculous places and its stupid  and -no one- but me should have to try and fix it. Second, while you won’t let me in further than the shallow end of your particular pool Wyn, I know things have happened to you since you’ve joined starfleet. I don’t know the facts, but I see the self deprecation, I see the when you get bitter and [...]ed off. And you don’t need to try and fix me and handle my nonsense while you are dealing with your own baggage. ::She would look for her sweater, suddenly feeling cold::

Foster: You’re not a mess of a person and Saveron will always be your friend.  ::He sassed back in a sharp, confident tone, carefully sidestepping the other question posed.::

::Choi stuttered a little and whispered a question only Rue could hear.  Well, that wasn’t true, Wyn’s hearing was far better than Rue’s but he wasn’t listening at the moment, she was.::

Blackwell:: No, Choi, me kissing you isn’t a false reaction either. I get attracted to people, you included. Probably some repression on my part and then I let it out an inch and it just goes stupid ::She started to try and slip on her sweater, getting entangled in the thing, and trying again::: Why did I kiss both of you - first, I meant what I said, I’d rather start feeling like rubbish because I was too bold rather than regretting never taking a chance….And frankly put, the first thought that popped in my brain after I kissed Wyn was that if I kissed you too, besides the fact your a handsome man, was also that you could then be [...]ed at me and not Wyn for my actions. 

::Ji-hu seemed both drunk and embarrassed by this and went quiet.  Wyn on the other hand fixed his clear blue eyes on Rue.  He wasn’t sure who was taking this harder - Choi who felt awkward because he was not attracted to Rue in that way or Wyn, who was biologically wired to be attracted to both sexes equally and, in fact, was attracted to Rue in that way.  And Choi in that way.  And at the moment being attracted to either one seemed an absolutely horrible, unprofessional idea.::

Foster: I don’t think anyone’s [...]ed.  Unless we’re talking [...]ed as in drunk [...]ed.  ::He drew in a breath:: but gotta admit, Rue that’s as Saveron would say, pretty dang illogical, dontcha think?

Blackwell: Well no, I know I don’t make any sense. I’m a human, we don’t make sense at all, and...damn sweater! ::She huffed and finally just wrapped it up in her arms and exhaled again, leaning against a piece of furniture to keep her upright: I’m.sorry….I go..going to leave...just as soon as the room….stops spinning.

::Caretaker mode kicked in and he grasped her elbow.::

Foster: No, you need to be safe.  Sit down, rest.  Everyone keeps their clothes on, everyone sleeps, we eat breakfast in the morning and can talk about this with a clear head.  Sound good?

Blackwell:::She looked as her elbow was held and she seemed to think long and hard for a moment, until her own treacherous lack of equilibrium made the decision for her and she nodded. She glanced to Choi for a moment and blinked a bit:: “Choi?”

::He looked over to Ji-hu::

Foster: I think he’s already asleep.  ::He drew in a breath.:: Lucky him, maybe?

Blackwell: Maybe. ..:She gave a slight huffing chuckle:: I...I don’t know if I want water or another drink now...

::He sat down and looked at her earnestly::

Foster: You wanna talk about this now so it’s not so awkward in the morning or sleep on this now and talk about it in the morning?

Blackwell: ::She followed him and sat down across from him and held her tangled sweater in her arms and blinked for a moment:: Now, we should talk now. I...I just don’t know what to say….I don’t know if I should start trying to fix this or …::she pushed some hair from her face and paused:: Just...hear you out. Why don’t you go first...I babbled.

Foster: What do you want me to say?  ::He paused and realized that sounded crass about a half second after he said it.:: I mean… where should I start?

Blackwell:::She exhales slowly:: I...I don’t know. Maybe...can...this be fixed? I mean...have..I broken our friendship? ::She looked fearful for a moment, her hands wringing into her sweater::

Foster: Why would you break our friendship by being honest?  [...] I’ve said worse things and I was sober.

Blackwell: ::She exhaled slowly:: No, you...are right. Saveron wishes to remain friends. He was ...worried that I had high expectations but I told him..clearly that what was between us...was...without strings. Did I hope a little bit? Certainly...but I..understand where he is coming from….I...just was also thinking about other things. He said …::She paused a bit:: He said that if there was one thing I should do..is give others the chance to care and protect me…::she gave a huffing laugh:: I’m sure you, as a good doctor, would agree

Foster: I do agree. ::He nodded an even assent::  As you support your crew and friends, you deserve love and support.

Blackwell:::She smirks faintly:: And do you think everyone deserves that? Is that a prescriptive statement?

::His antennae dropped.  He had walked right into that one.  He would blame being drunk.::

Foster: Well, yes.  Everyone needs love and support.  ::A gruff grumble.:: Even me. I admit that.

Blackwell:::She grinned a bit and leaned in towards him:: So my question is...when will you let others care for you?

Foster: Well, yeah.  ::He huffed a little.  He was a little too drunk and too defensive to completely let his guard down.  Besides they weren’t really alone. Still he was trying.:: I mean I can be affectionate.

Blackwell: Oh, yes, I know you give affection...but..you are very much the one who wishes to fix things from what I’ve seen, there are very few you allow...to help, and know what is beneath that ...adorably cantankerous surface

Foster: Adorably cantankerous?  ::He perked a brow and an antennae in unison.  He was slightly flustered and slightly flattered by that.:: is that flirting?

Blackwell::She laughs:: I’m drunk still…….I might not have the courage again so of course I am going to flirt….::she pauses: :unless you tell me to stop. Even drunk, I know...no means no….::she grins:: Knowing and No-ing?

Foster: Nah, flirting is better when sober. ::He tossed back lightly::  Then it’s like this delicious game of cat and mouse. You chase, you pounce, one gets eaten, you die.  ::A smirk:: of pleasure… good metaphor. ::He looked oh so innocent at that.::

Blackwell:::she paused at that and just threw her head back, giggling::

Foster: What?!  It was a met-a-phor!  You learned that one back in middle school!

Blackwell: It...It was a good metaphor. :Her giggles subside to softer chuckles:: I just had a terrible image of a cat with two antenna...Little blue cat ::She snickers and leaned back into the seat she occupied, curling up her legs and her head on the arm of the chair, having given up on putting her sweater and just using it as a blanket of sorts:: I...I just had an image and had to giggle…..::She pauses and looks to him: I...guess tomorrow the awkward question ….is...if I were sober, would you want to continue the flirting?

Foster: I mean I like to flirt so is that really a question?

Blackwell: You know what I mean, I..I guess, your not going to feel..insulted..or like this was ...cheap?

Foster: It’s only cheap if you’re doing it dishonestly.  ::He said with conviction.:: I like romance, I like relationships.  I don’t find them awkward in the same ways humans do. But I hate being lied to and I hate being betrayed.  ::He really hated that second one, deep to his core.:: So avoid those two and you’re golden.

Blackwell:::She stiffened for a moment and swallowed:: I won’t ever lie, nor would I betray you. I know that pain far too much, Wyn. I’d rather …...never mind,,,::she shook her head and then looked back at him at the second part:: Wait…..::She paused and sat up at that:: You...like romance? Relationships? Why Doctor Foster...are you telling me I was mistaken with the seeing you as the Bachelor Physician?

Foster: ::He coughed:: Well, at one point I was quite the Casanova… but then a Starfleet commission happened and it’s been pretty dull since then.

Blackwell:::She raised her eyebrows at that and gave a lopsided grin:: Oh, Oh now I want to hear stories.

Foster:They’re not very interesting…  ::He coughed.::

Blackwell: Oh come on...you’ve seen my personal life…..I told you that ..Saveron was quite an experience...why not share with me...a little?

Foster: I mean I have a bartending license for a reason.  You get invited to all the best parties in the Academy and you can hit on all the cute chicks and guys… I’m an equal opportunity flirter.  Well, you know what, sometimes drunk partying students really wanna go home with the weird short blue guy with the odd accent. ::he offered a charming smile.::

Blackwell: Oh really….::She smiled demurely, and batted her eyes teasingly:: Prove it.

Foster: What do you mean prove it?  ::He huffed:: Fine. I can dance. ::He said with confidence.::  Bet you didn’t know that.

Blackwell: Oh really now? Let’s see ::She gestured for him to stand:: I am so curious now. I dance a bit myself  ::She stood slowly, testing her ability to remain steady and finding some of the inebriation had left her system::

Foster: Steady there, cowgirl.  ::he caught her, and then straightened to a proper ballroom dance posture with the correct hand placement.:: So, who taught you how to dance?

Blackwell: It was an agreement with my mother...I’d take a class that wasn’t focused on martial arts or fighting...and then take a class of my choosing. She chose ballroom, I chose Krav Magna. A bit of Swing, then I chose Mixed Martial Arts...so on and so forth. I can’t sing worth a damn like she can...so she was pleased to at least see me learn a bit of creative dance. ::She straightened as well and placed her hands correctly on him, ready to allow him to lead::

Foster: Swing dance, huh?  I don’t swing too well, either.  But Dad always said it was good to learn something to keep friends and enemies completely off balance.  He didn’t have an ear for music, but he was well coordinated and good at dancing. So dancing it was.

::Antennae meant awesome balance, and that meant no stepping on toes whatsoever.  Wyn was quite graceful as he led her around the small quarters in a gentle step without music.::

Blackwell:::She found herself a bit giddy as they danced, impressed that first, she was still upright. Second, that indeed, he was so graceful, and third, still felt a little bit of the fluttering in her stomach. She kept her hand on his and moved with his pace, and snickered softly:: Oh very well, Wyn, you are indeed the Bartending Dancing Doctor ...charming women and men close and far

Foster: Hey, I worked very hard to make that so.  ::He said with a hint of pride.::

Blackwell: You know I am, even as my head is truly deciding if this was wise….but...I would rather a night end with a dance than regrets...so I cannot complain and sometimes I have to say, I love the weightless feeling a bit of true alcohol gives, makes being ...somehow...makes things a little more dreamy.

Foster: Maybe we should sit…  ::He offered gently, bringing the motion to a stop.::

Blackwell: Mm..you think about how much liquor you put into those drinks, and then you consider how drunk I still am?

::He put a hand at her back to guide her gently to the nearest couch.::

Foster: That is what we used to call ‘a lightweight’  ::he chuckled.::

Blackwell: Indeed...I would gauge myself as still a good 8...with 10 being close to falling asleep on the floor singing show tunes….1 being stone cold sober.

Foster: Did you want to be a perfect ten?  ::He queried gently::

Blackwell: Oh no, I won’t complain….I needed this…

Foster: Then how about I get you a blanket and we call it a night?

Blackwell: Mm….wouldn’t it be hard to sleep...with it so warm for you? ::Even if she was a little chilled, she wasn’t blind to the fact he needed a chill environment:: ..I can head back to my room. I’ll make it...

Foster: No, my personal bedroom is about fifteen degrees colder.  Twenty if I’m in a bad mood. But I’ll get you a heated blanket nonetheless.

Blackwell: ...Oh, I see. ::She nodded slowly and would lie down on the couch, curling her legs up a bit and resting an arm under her head:: Mm. Couch. And a ...warm blanket...would be nice….

::It didn’t take long before he returned with two nice fuzzy heated blankets.::

Foster: Blanket for you, Ma’am…

::Oh, nope, she was out like a light, too.  He turned both of the heated blankets onto medium and draped one over Choi, patting him on the head as he did so.::

Blackwell::She was softly breathing when he came back, the liquor having lured her into a deep sleep, One arm under her head, one hand on her stomach, and legs having loosen to stretch out::

Foster: And one for you.  ::He tucked Rue in, kissing the top of her head before he was done.:: Sleep well my drunken little princes and princesses.  May we not feel too awkward in the morning.

::And Rue would snuggle deep into the blanket, mumbling something softly before falling into the lush sleep of liquor and warmed blanket::

~*~

A JP By:

Lieutenant (JG) Choi Ji-hu
Engineering Officer
USS Eagle
C239402CJ0

~and~

Lt. Prudence Blackwell

Chief HCO

U.S.S. Eagle

G239308PB0

~and~