• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign Jacob "Cob" Harkrow: Missed Connections

((Main Engineering, Deck 4, USS Montreal))

Galven: ::to Harkrow:: Good idea about the holo-emitters. You and Doctor Skyfire should work out a way to get that going. I’m sure Lieutenant Greyson is around here somewhere. He could help. ::to Anara and Esbrun:: You two follow me. I’ve memorized everyone’s shifts and it’s about time the both of you should be on the Bridge.

::Galven bustled the other ensigns off toward the forward end of Engineering, leaving Cob and Doctor Skyfire momentarily alone at the central console. They shared a look, and then started pulling up information about the status of the ship’s holodecks and what all they’d need to gather to pull off what Cob was already starting to think of as The Big Holo-Defiant Project.::

Harkrow: Now that I’m looking at these schematics, it looks like actually pulling the holo-emitters is going to be more or less a one-person job, and designing the array we’ll need to install them in is going to take computer time but shouldn’t need outside input for... an hour or so, once it’s going? If you’ve got any medical things that need taking care of or want to go assist with the generators, I can comm you when I need a hand.

Skyfire: Response

Harkrow: Sure, no problem. I can handle this part.

Skyfire: Response

::Cob punched in the final sequence of commands to start the array design simulation, and had just hit the button to execute when Lieutenant Commander Rosek came in through the Engineering blast door.::

Rosek: Ensign Harkrow.

Harkrow: Commander. I’m just about ready to head down to Holodeck 2 and start pulling out holo-emitters. Something I can do for you?

Rosek: Is Lieutenant Thoran around? ::pauses:: I had hoped to meet with the science team and Ensign Anara as well, but… ::motions around::

Harkrow: You just missed all of them, sir. Anara and the science folks headed up to the bridge a few minutes ago, Swenhart and Greyson are going to be getting the spare generators in Cargo Bay 1 up and running, and Lieutenant Thoran…

::Cob looked past the first officer toward Thoran’s office door. He and Crewman Swenhart had been in there for a good few minutes now… Dang it, whatever was going on between Rosek and Thoran, or Thoran and Swenhart, he didn’t want to be anywhere near the middle of it if he could help it. That was going to be a big “if”, apparently.::

Harkrow: Lieutenant Thoran is meeting with someone in his office right now, but I think he and Lieutenant Michaels have a plan to build a couple extra generators from parts; it looks like the spares we’ve got in storage add up to two almost-generators.

Rosek: ::smiles and nods:: I see. Then I’ll just leave you all to it down here. 

Harkrow: Aye, sir, we’ve got it covered.

::Lieutenant Rosek nodded to Cob again, and turned to leave, but paused briefly as she passed through the blast door, letting out a slow breath. Cob frowned; he hoped she was holding up all right, even as another part of his mind insisted that it wasn’t his job to make sure his superiors were all getting along with each other; the ship had a counselor for a reason. ::

::Once she was out of view, Cob gathered up a PADD and a hyperspanner and headed for the exit, but before he reached it he heard the door of the Chief Engineer’s office hiss open behind him, followed by the voice of Crewman Swenhart.::

Swenhart: You know, mister. You owe me big when this mission is over. ::There was a pause.:: Your impossible to resist. ::Another pause.:: Sir.

::Nope. Cob did not want to hear this, because hearing was the difference between suspecting and knowing and he absolutely did not want to know this and just, just nope. He picked up his pace before he could hear anything else, rounding the corner and heading for the turbolift. Nope, nope, nope...:: 

----------
Ensign Jacob Harkrow
Engineering Officer
USS Montreal NCC-64927
----------
M239510JH0
  • Like 1