• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who was the worst Starfleet captain?

Who was the worst Starfleet captain?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the worst Starfleet captain?

• J.T. Esteban - USS Grissom - Star Trek III
    • John Harriman - USS Enterpise-B - Star Trek Generations
    • Rudolph Ransom - USS Equinox - Equinox (VOY)
    • Edward Jellico - USS Cairo - Chains of Command (TNG)

I don't like kirk, and your will all hate me for saying this, but well look at it in Star Trek II. What would you of done a vessel that matches your weapons that is not answering what would you do. Riker/Picard/Janeway/Sisko wouldn't of been so well Stupid. If you have 2 vulcan crew memebers one of which is tell you to raise shields, wouldn't you?

And about Riker you say he is better well, i wouldn't think so. He bet a cube with the help of Data, if data wasn't part of his crew the cube would of won. And take it from another view in Parallels you have Captain riker and Cmdr. worf. This has happen becuase Picard was killed in "best of both world". And also if that time line went on then Riker would of fought asigsint the borg in "first contact". Now with out Picard being the captain the enterprise it would either be a galaxy class, or an sovegien. So would it have won agasint the borg attack some how i dont think so. That that means that he had bad juddgment and failed him. On one more thing this is all base on speculation:

But the enterprise in Paralles that attack worf's shuttle when hailed spoke of the federation destory, now if this is true then they must of fail in defeating Picard, now why? Well i think it is becasue if you look on the bridge who do you see, Worf and Riker, but where's data, now of course he could of been destoryed. But i think that in this time line Riker either mest up, and used an different plan which could of involed the death of data. Or he could of never of been placed on the enterprise of made. If so with out the choice of data hacking the collective. So even with riker's talents he would of failed where i think Picard would of not. Picard is the Best.

I think that i would like to see a captain Data, and see how good he would be.

Edited by Beta

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch TOS show the Corbomite Manuvre where Kirk defeats an unbeatable (ball?) using tehnobabble. It shows how Kirk will do anything to win. But like other starship Captains I have seen, Kirk is a very lucky man.

About the Hathaway. First of all Picard was not very smart. He outguns the Hathaway by like a million to one. As soon as that supposedly super tactician alien said let the games begin, and Picard starts those silly manuvres, that super tactician should have told Picard he failed the test. If Picard would have thrown everything he had at the Hathaway immediately, Riker would have had no chance. Again, Riker took advantage of being lucky and that he had Worf to confuse the Enterprise sensors making them believe it saw a Romulan Warbird.

But thats the Picard manuvre I know. Take it slow and allow the enemy to do extensive damage before fighting back. Like Kirk, Picard is very lucky to be alive, but in a different way.

Also, the Feds must have caught on that these super tactician aliens were not very good, because we see none of them during the Dominion war. If they were that good, they'd be everywhere giving advice, but they're nowhere to be seen. <_<

About the Hathaway. First of all Picard was not very smart. He outguns the Hathaway by like a million to one. As soon as that supposedly super tactician alien said let the games begin, and Picard starts those silly manuvres, that super tactician should have told Picard he failed the test. If Picard would have thrown everything he had at the Hathaway immediately, Riker would have had no chance. Again, Riker took advantage of being lucky and that he had Worf to confuse the Enterprise sensors making them believe it saw a Romulan Warbird.

True, Picard didn't bring the full power of the Enterprise to bear until Riker pulled a couple nasty tricks. But I think it showed the tactical superiority of Riker. Now, tactically speaking, if I were in Picard's shoes, I'd have slapped a tractor beam on the Hathaway and pummeled it with phasers (photons are too dangerous that close to the ship). Let's see you do a warp-jump when you're frozen solid and getting cut to pieces, Riker! :devil: