• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt. JG Dante Termine - A Song to Drive the Sanest Man Wild

Borg + Holodeck + Scavenger Hunt = lots of fun!

((Holodeck, USS Apollo-A))

::Without a word, the two of them began to pick their way through the drones, who stood immaculately still. After what probably seemed like a much longer time than it actually was, they found themselves standing face-to-sphere with whatever this thing was. Dante’s mind was racing, he felt his gut dropped and a chill run down the back of his neck until he heard a voice::

Borg Queen: Greetings, one of two, two of two.

::The officers looked at each other. Evidently the sphere was addressing them as their Borg personas. It was...unsettling, to say the least. But in that unsettling voice Dante found comfort. It felt like everything around him was chaos, out of controll and trying to team him apart but there was a calm stillness in the voice, there was order. ::

Borg Queen: You have wandered far from the Hive, but fear not, you are home now.

:: Bliss rolled through Dante as he heard the voice speak once more. As he opened is eyes, or rather, seemed to peer harder with his holographic scanner that took the place for his eye Dante was puzzled for a second as he saw that he was now standing alone in a black void with nothing but the glowing ball. He paused for a moment, unsure what to do.::

Borg Queen: I see you are failing to understand. Perhaps you have been absent from the collective for too long.

::The darkness retreated for just a moment and Dante saw a Mandolin on the ground, just like the one he had as a boy. He hesitated before going over to it::

Borg Queen: Take it. You know what to do with it. This is where your answers lie.

:: As Dante took the instrument he began to pluck out a few notes, the notes of the dirge that he had heard before. As he did the darkness retreated even more and he saw the figure of Gogi as a Drone playing some strange instrument of his own, but playing perfectly what Dante was playing. As they continued on the blackness retreated further and further revealing all of the drones in the room , still in perfect formation, holding instruments of their own. Together they filled the room with a perfect harmony of thousands of instruments playing precisely the same tune. Every note was perfect, every player in their place It was a beauty which Dante had never experienced before and he began to openly weep, overcome by the harmony of it all. Everything made sense, everything had a purpose, there was an undeniable reason for his existence and he had nothing to wonder about. ::

::Then, Dante tried to wipe the tears from his eyes and Dante found that his arms no longer moved of their own accord::

oO what’s this? My… My body. I can’t move my body! Oo

:: Under the beauty of the music Dante now heard a new sound. It was the sound of millions and millions of voices screaming in pain and in anguish. countless bodies controlled while minds were suppressed, shredded and sacrificed for the order of perfection. If Dante felt nauseous before he felt like he was had just plummeted off of a cliff and his stomach rode in his throat. ::

Termine: Commander!! Commander! 

:: Dante called out but he say that the Commander was still playing his strange instrument but deep in his eyes there was fear and tears::

oO I… Have… to.. MOVE. I Have to… RUN! I have to SAVE….. my … CREW! Oo

:: With all the mental effort that Dante had inside him he willed his feet to move and slowly they began to, step after step Dante brought himself closer to Gogi and with one last heave threw his limp body at the other man’s. They both collapsed to the floor. With that the spell was broken and what was once music was now entirely screams and horror. ::

Termine: Commander we have to RUN!

Fairhug: ? 

:: The two men stood up and began to run to the perimeter of the circle, while every drone began to move slowly twoards them. Dante could now see their face and among them there were face of the crew of the Apollo,::

Termine: We need to escape this, we can’t outrun them for long and there’s too many to fight.

Fairhug: ?

Termine: It’s a better idea than anything I’ve got!

:: From behind them the ball of light grew brighter and the screaming stopped and in it’s place a thousand voices chanted::

The Borg: We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile

Lt. LG Dante Termine
USS Apollo - HCO Officer
A239503DT0
  • Like 2