• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

who is the best Captain?

Devlin

Who is the best Captain?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Captain?

• Captain Jonathan Archer
    • Captain James T. Kirk
    • Captain Spock
    • Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    • Captain William Riker
    • Captain Benjamin Sisko
    • Captain Kathryn Janeway

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity vote? Hmm... I don't believe in those.

Its kind of like me giving a Pity Grade because someone tells me: "Oh, professor, I'll lose my scholarship!"

Well, good... you shouldn't have it if you aren't going to work for it.

I say Picard gets my vote because he is the best captain. Don't vote for Janeway just because she happens to have two X chromosomes. *glares at Rourke*

Well I actually liked her command style too in the element of personal contact with her crew. She had the right mix of being a friend and a commander. Something that I can very much relate to.

Picard however was a bit more aloof, he needed to be with the size of his crew. However I admired his command style too.

However at this current time Janeway can win out because I see her as more physically capable than picard who's getting on in years now.

Can i say that i voted riker because hes younger then all the caps and i think it like a copy of a younger pichard But if he didnt die in NEM then Data would of made a great captain with his poker face. :lol:

If anything, I'd argue that Riker was more of a copy of Kirk than Picard.

Riker is not a copy of kirk, Riker is class. :)

kirk is............well.............he's.......something...but not class.

Riker is class.

He's not always brash, he has some very good.......diplomatic skills. ::Said while trying not to laugh:: :)

Edited by Devlin

I think you should all leave riker alone. Running along star trek canon it is plausible to beleve that riker will be one of the main men who will negotiate with the Romulans. So thats whatmakes him one of the best captains in history. But i must say Riker is not a copy of Kirk but a new bread of captain.

.....Running along star trek canon  it is plausible  to beleve that riker will be one of the main men who will negotiate with the Romulans. So thats whatmakes him one of the best captains in history......

That is very true................ but He's not the best captian in history because that goes to the main man, Captain Sisko.

That is very true................ but He's not the best captian in history because that goes to the main man, Captain Sisko.

Well sorry to disapoint you but its not going to happen becasue janeway with in month of her getting back she became and admiral. Meaning shes a better captain or rather was then every one. Including CAPTAIN SISKO p.s. he anint alive no more so you cant count him any more.

He may not be alive...but he's not dead... and he will return, if you remember correctly.

Janeway let herself get promoted and taken off her ship, so she is not the best captain, the best captain would have stayed with their ship.

You have got me ::he drops on to the floor::. But i will get you and beat you back pichard is better because he beat the BORG and they are far better then the people that sisko was againist so still PICHARD RULES!!!!!!!

I agree that Janeway "let" herself be promoted. And she had a right -- after all the hell she went through, she deserved a cushy desk job.

I agree everyone has a right to move on with their career. Admirals don't command ships, they create policy, they change doctrine and they control battlegroups.

I'd argue that she was selfless in her promotion. Everyone one loves the idea of the person who stays in the lines with the troops, but if everyone does that how will the benefit of their experiance be passed along?

No, she did the selfless thing.

I agree...Staying on the frontlines may be "glamourous", and just because Kirk did it does not mean everyone has to. And Janeway didn't have the "weight" of commanding the flagship, like Picard, which would have helped him in negotiating with Starfleet command to keep his rank all those years.

It seems that I am out numbered. :(

Still I will fight for Sisko to the end. ;)

Good,Good, Sisko is clearly the best Captain. I mean he was in command of DS9 and the Defiant so he must be good. Not to mention the fact that he helped design the Defiant, which was a ship that won many important battles for the federation against the Dominion.

::Devlin puts on his Sisko hat and T-shirt and starts singing::

SISKO, THE GREAT SISSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOO, SOoooooooo SSSISKO was GREAT.