• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

who is the best Captain?

Devlin

Who is the best Captain?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Captain?

• Captain Jonathan Archer
    • Captain James T. Kirk
    • Captain Spock
    • Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    • Captain William Riker
    • Captain Benjamin Sisko
    • Captain Kathryn Janeway

Who is the best captain in Starfleet and why?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Sisko, a good alround Captain.

Okay, you've got Cpt. Spock, and Cpt. Riker, two guys who we haven't really seen in any kind of captaining capacity. So then why didn't you have Captain Sulu? We've seen him "captain" more than Riker! Or how about Captain Montgomery Scott? Or Cpt. Geordi LaForge? Or my personal favourite, Captain Styles of the Excelsior during the transwarp testing. Cpt. Clark Terrell, Cpt Matt Dekker, his son Cpt. Wil Dekker, shall I go on?

More importantly, please define "best". Best tactician? Best Diplomat? Best explorer (quantity or quality)? Best at protecting/utilizing/respecting his/her crew? Best in multiple of these categories, or others I haven't mentioned?

:blink:

Seriously, I just like being a pain in the...you know where. :D

Okay, you've got Cpt. Spock, and Cpt. Riker, two guys who we haven't really seen in any kind of captaining capacity. So then why didn't you have Captain Sulu? We've seen him "captain" more than Riker! Or how about Captain Montgomery Scott? Or Cpt. Geordi LaForge? Or my personal favourite, Captain Styles of the Excelsior during the transwarp testing. Cpt. Clark Terrell, Cpt Matt Dekker, his son Cpt. Wil Dekker, shall I go on?

More importantly, please define "best". Best tactician? Best Diplomat? Best explorer (quantity or quality)? Best at protecting/utilizing/respecting his/her crew? Best in multiple of these categories, or others I haven't mentioned?

Seriously, I just like being a pain in the...you know where.  :D

That sounds very .... Vulcan of you Varaan. :)

Kirk. No contest.

All the other Captains were variations and copies of him.

I'm sure Kirk wanted to get himself killed by going on every away mission possible. I voted for Sisko. He only tried to get himself killed on a few occasions. ;)

Seriously, I just like being a pain in the...you know where.  :D

Well, you raise some interesting points and I will try to be as clear as possible.

Firstly, on the issue of Riker and Spock, although they were not seen in command of their new vassals, they did take command as first officers on many occasions so they command abilities were tested.

Secondly, I did consider adding more Captains like, Scott, LaForge, Dekker and even Sulu, but I decided against this for two reasons. Firstly there would be too many to vote for and we would not see a clear winner and secondly I did not fill that we saw the other Captains in Command often enough.

I am sorry to anybody who fills that his or her favourite Captain was left of the vote but I did try to get all of the main ones in.

As for your second question, when deciding who you think is the best simply consider the good and bad points to the captains and decide who you think was the best…failing that just chose your favourite :)

...on the issue of Riker and Spock, although they were not seen in command of their new vassals...

Since when did Starfleet become a feudal system?

((Sorry for the nit-picking... we now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion))

If you include all of Will Shatners books he has probably died around 10 times or something daft like that as well as saved everything important about twice each. ;)

Well Sisko has died once. Saved the entire quadrant from Dominion rule and nearly brought the Bajorans into the Federation. As well as surived working with Admiral Ross and hordes of paper work. In short the guy rocks and he didn't have to write it himself. :P

doesn't fighting the borg, vidiians, hirogen and more, and having brought home a lone ship across the galaxy count for anything around here?