• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

[2004: JUL-AUG] Writing Challenge

Guidelines:

To participate, create a new thread. The subject of the thread must be the title of your story. If it is a Work In Progress, denote that with the heart post icon. If your work is complete, use the horizontal arrow post icon.

Your work must be entirely your own. No co-authoring.

You are welcome to create any character you so desire, but they must be from the Star Trek universe. No "canon" characters allowed. (i.e.- No one who has been on a show.)

Challenge: Academy Memories

Your story should be about a character's memories of the Academy -- be it on Earth, or any other location. Remember to try and stretch yourself. Write something you would never try before. Use images you wouldn't consider in SIM. Wow us :)

Length: No more than 3000 words accepted.

Beginning Date: Sunday, July 4th.

Ending Date: Saturday, September 4th.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, been a bit busy with the new website and all :-\

I'll try and get the Judges together this week ;)

I bet you did, Tyr, your story was very good. :)

:oops:

As was yours.

We'll have to wait and see. All three entries were good. :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

can anyone still make a new story or can't they?

a okay but I'm gonna make one before I post it in I will make it in word or another program.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Well I have heard a lot about this writing challenge and that little

Icon you guys give the winner is really something, it’s always

nice to be rewarded for your hard work, if you like that sort of

thing. Myself, I just love it when someone gets excited about

something I've written. :) So when is the next challenge, what

are the rules and how long do I/we have.

I'm here folks, I'm just extremely busy. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to read these entries while also trying to build the new website.

If you want to poke anyone, poke Idril. She's judging this round.

I'll take "applications" for 1-2 people who want to assist with the next round of writing challenges. I really would like to do one a month, but if I can't get any help in creating/judging, then we won't be able to do it at all. :-\

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry! *sheepish look* I had planned on getting them judged this week, but with finals grading and such, I haven't gotten to them. I promise, I will do it this morning.

[modedit]I finished a little bit ago... Admiral Wolf will likely post the results soon.[/modedit]

• 1 month later...

From the judge, Idril Mar:

Commander Waltas’ entry is a set of snapshots of the Academy, with one coming from each year. While it is up against two other strong entries, this one is unique among the three in that it tracks the main character’s development through the Academy in a way that the others really don’t. We see some of the main moments in every cadet’s stint at the Academy: the moment of leaving home, the rough class that everyone seems to have, and the Psych-Test. [...] The development makes us want to know how the character moves on from the Academy and into the Fleet.

Per this assessment, Cmdr. Waltas has won this riting challenge and will get a mini-banner for his forum sig, and a banner to be placed on his ship's website.

Thank you everyone who participated -- check back here in a week or two for the next challenge!