• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

How come my latest post shows up in the googlegroup, but not in my g-mail inbox? Does that mean it wasn't sent or received properly?

If it shows on the group then it sent, Gmail for some reason dose show it in your email.

Gotcha, thanks!

In Gmail on the left sidebar if you click the More option below Inbox it will expand the menu out. You can select All Mail and it will show every item (ones you have received and sent both). I use this to gauge where my last email falls in relation to ones I have received since then.

• Like 1

It has something to do with the fact that Gmail's able to recognize when an email sent to a list – especially Google Groups. So when the email comes from the group with your address, it just "deletes" that email and threads what's in your Sent folder. 

As @Jona ch'Ranni said, you can always just check your All Mail/Sent folders. Another thing to do is set up a Gmail filter that searches for anything sent to an email list, and then have it labeled – i.e.- "Gorkon sim" / "Gorkon OOC". That way you can just drop into that label to see your post. 

But if you're looking to confirm your email got to the list, you'll need to go to the group page itself. 

Aye, will do. I'm thinking i'll just work in the google group, maybe. I did that with yahoogroups as well. A long time ago, in a different star trek simm

I'm not sure if this will help, but I was able to use filters in gmail to ensure all 118 emails go to the same place, including ones I've sent. I set up a "Starbase 118" label, and whenever an email from SB118 ends up in my inbox, I filter it. For example, one filter is:

Matches: from:(sb118-montreal-ooc+noreply@googlegroups.com)
Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "118 Starbase 118", Never send it to Spam

The nice thing about it being "from" the Google Group address is that I didn't have to set up filters for every individual writer in the Montreal Sim (that being said, there are a few individuals or lists (like the webmaster, my mentor, or the fleet news) that required individual filters).

I can explain the process for adding labels and filters in detail if needed.

(Side note: the label is actually "118 Starbase 118" because "Starbase 118" put it too far down my labels list alphabetically.)

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.