• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Length of Service & Special Awards

Renos

Today we are proud to present the Length of Service and Special Awards.

Length of Service Awards are presented to members who have been continuously active for at least a year, there are also tiers for three, five, and ten years of continuous service. Additionally, we’re excited to announce the introduction of three new tiers for fifteen, twenty and twenty five incredible years of continuous service, marking our most dedicated and long-serving members.

This year, 34 players have reached a length of service milestone. Of those, 11 are celebrating their first milestone, having picked-up the award for one year of active membership. Another 11 have achieved three years active membership and 6 more have been here for five years. 4 players have reached the incredible 10 year milestone, and two have reached milestones so amazing we had to introduce new Length of Service awards to cover them.

1-Year Member
1 Year Member Award

For those who have been members continuously for one year.

• Arturo Maxwell, graduated from training on November 21th, 2016.
  • Sam Braddock, graduated from training on December 10th, 2013.
  • Prudence Blackwell, graduated from training on August 7th, 2016.
  • Yito Seja, graduated from training on June 28th, 2016.
  • Femi Cattan, graduated from training on August 9th, 2016.
  • Krindo Pandorn, graduated from training on August 9th, 2016.
  • Anath G'Renn, graduated from training on February 28th, 2017.
  • Jarred Thoran, graduated from training on May 8th, 2017.
  • Alexander Brodie, graduated from training on April 30th, 2013.
  • Tasha MacFarlane, graduated from training on November 21st, 2016.
  • Yiggtissi, graduated from training on June 27th, 2017.
  • Aitas, graduated from training on July 26th, 2017.

3-Year Member
Three Year Member

For those who have been members continuously for three years.

• Attikus Rundstrom, graduated from training on February 9th, 2015.
  • Solaris McLaren, graduated from training on November 11th, 2013.
  • Evan Delano, graduated from training on July 7th, 2013.
  • Maxwell Traenor, graduated from training on November 24th, 2014.
  • Kurt Logan, graduated from training on March 2nd, 2015.
  • Aidonann Danara, graduated from training on, February 11th, 2014.
  • Theo Whittaker, graduated from training on March 23rd, 2015.
  • Randal Shayne, graduated from training on February 2nd, 2015.
  • Mirra Ezo, graduated from training on May 4th, 2015.
  • Ayiana Sevo, graduated from training on, September 1st, 2014.
  • Cory Stoyer, graduated from training on November 10th, 2014.
  • Raissa Moonsong, graduated from training on July 24th 2014.

5-Year Member
Five Year Member

For those who have been members continuously for five years.

• Sarah Mason, graduated from training on August 21st, 2012.
  • Brell, graduated from training on January 3rd, 2005.
  • Alexander Williams, graduated from training on June 24th, 2013.
  • Rune Jolara, graduated from training on September, 2012.
  • Irina Pavlova, graduated from training on August 4th, 2012.
  • Brayden Jorey, graduated from training on December 10th, 2012.
  • Chythar Skyfire, graduated from training on February 17th 2013

10-Year Member
Ten Year member

For those who have been members continuously for ten years.

• Hannibal Parker, graduated from training on .March 11th, 2007
  • Tal Tel-ar, graduated from training on April 18th, 2007
  • Trel'lis, graduated from training on February 19th, 2008.
  • Pandora, graduated from training on June 29th, 2008.

15-Year Member
Fifteen Year member

For those who have been members continuously for fifteen years.

• Boris Hendon, graduated from training on March 1st 2002.

20-Year Member
Twenty Year member

For those who have been members continuously for twenty years.

• Tristan Wolf, graduated from training on June 15th, 1994.

Special Awards

The Rising Star Award
Rising Star award

For members who show great promise in many facets of their participation in the group, and to whom we look to as a future leader.

Maxwell Traenor, USS Constitution

Presented by Jalana Rajel "From the first time I have met Maxwell Traenor back on the Apollo when he joined as a Science Officer, I've got the vibe of enthusiasm, humour and dedication to the game. Ever since I have kept an eye on his progress and not once has he stopped showing how much he enjoys the community and loves the people in it. In short time he had risen to the ranks of Leadership as a First Officer and dedicated a lot of his time not only on the ships he has served on, but also in his work leading the Top Sim Contest, being part of the Podcast team, Trainings Team and Public Relations. Whenever help is needed he does not hesitate to jump in and blossoms in his work to make the game fun for everyone. Even in times when a firm hand is needed he does that with respect and understanding. As First Officer he is invaluable for his ship, his sims are entertaining, full of details, humour but also severity if needed. Whenever I hear his name mentioned by my crew members it is in combination with praise. He takes time out of his busy days to answer questions, mentor junior crew members, writes sims to include as many people as possible into plots and his crew clearly loves him and his characters. He is the voice of reason to me many times, showing the other side of the coin that I might miss otherwise. He has worked tirelessly and has just been promoted to Commander, which has been long overdue. Without him the Conny and Starbase 118 wouldn't be the same. I have no doubt that when his times comes, he will be a fantastic CO with a crew who can build on and trust in him. I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to present the Rising Star Award to my First Officer Maxwell Traenor. Congratulations Jay!"

Luminary Award
Luminary award

Given to members holding the rank of ensign, lieutenant junior grade, or lieutenant. For those who show great promise in their future endeavours in UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG.

Delan Han, Embassy of Duronis II

Presented by Toni Turner: "Delan Han has been with us for a short time but has already begun making an indelible mark on the group. Not only has he been participating more than full time, he has done so by creating more than one believable character helping fill out needed holes. Han has not been shy about helping out on the wiki. He has helped update information on the Embassy ranging from the Science departments to information on the ships of the fleet and, more recently, beginning to contribute ideas on Trill. Han has also begun the process of taking on mentoring and staff responsibilities and has been excelling at it. Lieutenant Han has shown great enthusiasm for things that help the Embassy and the fleet as a whole. From helping to keep our wiki up-to-date, adding quite a number of PNPC's to making a Beer, Wine and Spirits list so other players, choosing to be Trills, can choose their poison. It also includes a history of Trill Winemaking. He is a driving force in his sims, and will go far in the organization, enriching it and making us all better. Congratulations Delan, well done!"

The Locutus Award
Xalor

Given to those members of the Publicity Team who go above-and-beyond their monthly requirements for participation on a regular basis. These team members show enthusiasm and flair for spreading the word about or role-playing community and take an active interest in finding new ways to invite people to join our ranks.

Jarred Thoran, Andaris Task Force

Presented by Nugra: "When it comes to the Publicity team this year, there is one thing for certain; the Publicity team would have fallen apart if Lt. Commander Jarred Thoran did not take the initiative and run Publicity for a few months. RL had become a nightmare for me, and when I needed help the most, he stepped up without asking and handled the facilitator tasks with courage and with dedication. I commend Jarred Thoran for his initiative and his camaraderie in helping me keep things going. I'm proud to have him as my right hand and my fleet mate. Congratulations on your win, Commander!"

The Sarpeidon Award
Xalor

Awarded to members who have made outstanding contributions to the 118Wiki. Sarpeidon was the world in TOS's "All Our Yesterdays," in which the planet's population created a library containing their entire world's history. This is, in essence, what our wiki strives to become: a collection of our group's history and a simming database.

Aitas, Starbase 118 Ops

Presented by Sal Taybrim: "Aitas is a person with an incredible eye for detail. This extends to the SB118 wiki. She's been instrumental in combing through the wiki and suggesting many quality upgrades that organize our information better as well as making good changes in old information so it fits well within our canon and mission for creating a sensitive and mature game story. Some of the work I have witnessed her do was to comb through all of the Ops history - which is 20 years and 18 COs worth of information. She created documents of changes that should be made and prompted a major overhaul of the history pages on StarBase 118 Ops. But her work didn’t end there, she’s also been instrumental in going through inactive ship’s histories. She flagged information that was contradictory, confusing or just plain wrong and worked very hard to fix it. She's also really sensitive about changing thoughtless entries that could be offensive to new players into entries that are well thought out and treat delicate subject matter with a sensitive and well-reasoned hand."

The Boothby Award
Boothby Award

For trainers who go above and beyond their Academy training requirements. These trainers display an outstanding example of dedication to bringing new cadets to our community.

Jarred Thoran, Andaris Task Force

Presented by Quinn Reynolds: "To say that the recipient of this year's Boothby Award goes "above and beyond" doesn't seem to quite cover it. Jarred Thoran not only puts a huge amount of his time into the academy, regularly volunteering and participating in classes several times a month, but always strives for excellence, whether acting in the capacity of mock cadet, class XO or class CO. Cadets clearly benefit from his patient, kind and thoughtful guidance, and he's a joy to work with as a fellow training officer. As academy commandant, I feel privileged to have someone so dedicated and talented as a member of the training team, and I'm delighted to present him with this year's Boothby Award. Congratulations!"

Quark's Bar
Quark’s Bar

Quark's Bar is a special award and is awarded to members who are regularly active on the forums and have been supportive and involved in conversations enhancing the overall forum experience.

Attikus Rundstrom, Starbase 118 Ops

Presented by Sal Taybrim: "Attikus Rundstrom - you might know her better as Rustyy Hael or Noelle, is an amazingly creative and energetic simmer, staff member and contributor to StarBase 118. This really shows in her commitment to the forums. She encourages fellow members to use the Species Guild form, sparks quality discussion in the public group topics and is a tireless cheerleader for Ops to get active on the forums. She creates quality topics, encourages people to post and stays positive throughout all of it. Noelle is also one of many great players who actively recognize fellow players in the ship and appreciation forums and she encourages others to do the same. She’s always positive, supportive and ready to help a fellow player out of character. She is a great person to honor with this recognition for all her excitement, energy and support. Congratulations Noelle!"

The Xalor Clan Xifilis Award
Xalor

Given to any simmer who overcomes any sort of disadvantage while simming. This award was originally called the "Rachel Garett Pendant," but was renamed for the 2000 ceremony to to honor a respected simmer in UFOP: StarBase 118 who passed away in that year. This is the only Special Award that is given more than once per ceremony.

Groznin Smith, USS Gorkon

Presented by Quinn Reynolds: "One of Discord's regulars, Groznin Smith is filled with enthusiasm and friendliness, clearly taking immense joy in being a part of our community. What's remarkable is that he maintains that spirit of fun and good humour despite the numerous trips he has to make for medical appointments, most recently involving significant surgery to his leg. He's open and candid about his disability -- sharing the details and a few pictures of his medical journey -- and really quite humbling in the way he honestly discusses the difficulties he's experienced. For these reasons, like his nominators I believe he is more than deserving of the Xalor Clan Xifilis Award, and I'm proud to present it to him."

Valin Dermont, USS Atlantis

Presented by Brell: "Real life has a way of getting in the way of most everyones simming. It takes a lot of effort to be able to overcome, and continue to post sims that fill crewmates with joy over the humorous content.Even more so when it is a storm of RL troubles hitting in short order. Valin Dermont is one such person who makes great effort to stay in the game, and post while while enduring many hardships."

Raissa Moonsong, USS Veritas

Presented by Roshanara Rahman: "Mandy, the writer for Raissa Moonsong, is an award-winning player recognized for her superior talents as a writer and for her out of character efforts to boost ship morale. She has done so while also having to undergo a most personal and challenging time in her life, facing a grueling health crisis. She simmed full-time as long as she could until her treatment needed her to rest and have the time to gather the strength to fight her illness. Her courage in the face of all this has been awe-inspiring to witness both for the crew and me as her CO. With great joy, we have recently welcomed her back to active simming, and we all wish her the best as our fellow shipmate, player, and friend."

Trel’lis , Starbase 118 Ops

Presented by Sal Taybrim: "Dusty, the writer behind Trel’lis, has struggled this year with injuries and other health related issues that have hampered her ability to post regularly. But she always maintained good communication through our OOC channels and posts as much as she can. I am always impressed by how quickly she bounces back from being in the hospital or at the doctor to posting again. It is clear that she loves to play her character, and this great effort stands out. Trel’lis is a dependable character both in game and out of game, and a good friend to many characters on StarBase 118 Ops. She’s overcome so many difficulties and still been able to make a niche for herself on the Starbase. Thank you, Dusty, for putting so much effort into your writing. You have improved so much over the years and overcome so many difficulties and have become a vibrant member of our crew. You deserve to be recognized and I happy to present you with this award!"

Wallace Williams, Embassy of Duronis II

Presented by Toni Turner: "Wallace Williams came to us and after a short time sent us a sim that said, essentially it was nice to sim with us because it helped with his autism. It took us a few extra weeks to realize English was also his second language. Despite this, he has kept up a great simming rate and is always full of creative and imaginative ideas and plot twists. Congratulations Wallace, we look forward to simming with you for a long long time."

The Trailblazer Award
Xalor

For members who originate a creative and innovative way for the fleet to engage with each other and the Star Trek universe. These participants provide unique opportunities that help to make our game an immersive and unique Star Trek experience.

Roshanara Rahman, USS Veritas

Presented by Tristan Wolf: "Created as a means of incentivizing innovation our game, the Trailblazer Award is already highlighting some of the most wonderfully fresh ideas in our fleet. This year's recipient is Captain Roshanara Rahman (Rich), someone who has built his very brand on helping the fleet think in new ways. Some of his first innovations were on the wiki, bringing fantastic graphical elements. He followed that by developing the Veterans Affairs committee, to help long-standing members of the fleet identify things we could improve. And later, he developed the spinoff group that's now being highlighted below. The Federation News Service was created by Rich as a way of enriching our In Character universe with little "slice of life" stories, written in the news formats. At first, they were posted on the wiki, and then later, we launched FNS into its own website. Since he developed the idea, Rich has helmed the operation, even bringing the news style to our monthly mission reports, which have been a requirement of the Constitution since it was drafted – and the new format has taken dry monthly recaps and revitalized them into fun "dispatches from the edge," that are not just entertaining to read, but now act almost like little bits of advertising. So a trailblazer is exactly what Rich is, and he fully embodies the spirit of this award. We're lucky to have his creative mind and intense loyalty to our community. Kudos to him for all the hard work that's gone into his many efforts over the years."

The Community Champion Award
Xalor

For members who participate in – or help facilitate – simming community events, representing the best of UFOP: SB118 to other organizations by hosting events, acting as contest judges, or otherwise contributing their expertise in a way that benefits the wider community.

Renos, USS Gorkon

Presented by Sal Taybrim: "A community champion is not only someone who reaches all parts of our own community, but someone who reaches out to the e-mail roleplaying community at large, presenting our group in the most positive light. I cannot think of a better person to recognize for their achievements in championing our community than Renos. It can be difficult to work with outside organizations, but Renos always presents the best of StarBase 118 when we come together with the outside community. Renos has been a driving factor in our participation in several Ongoing Worlds events including multiple FallFest and SciWorld conventions; helping get presentations organized behind the scenes and leading multiple sessions for the convention under the banner of StarBase 118. For all their great work Renos has been honored with a Squddie award, and has continued to present the best face of StarBase 118 to the roleplaying public. In fact Renos’ work on FallFest is what inspired me to step up and also run StarBase 118 sessions at following events , and he has facilitated other members of our group to represent StarBase 118 in the community at large as well. I can think of no more deserving candidate for this award that Rear Admiral Renos – Congratulations!"

• Like 4

Congrats everyone!!

• Like 3

Congratulations everyone. You are all so very deserving and make this group the fantastic place it is!

• Like 3

Congratulations, everyone!

• Like 3

Woohoo!! Congrats ya'll! It's awesome seeing amazing people being recognized. Says the guy who's only been here 7 months but adores this nerdyrific community! 

Yes I just made that word up and yes I'm copyrighting it. :P

• Like 4

Congratulations to all the winners!! Those winning the special awards, thanks for putting that light, that spark that keeps us interested in playing this game seeing how many original and interesting situations you introduce for us and all your efforts in keeping this a top PBEM RPG ! 

To those winning the length of service award, thanks for your implication, devotion and perseverance in a game like this, where we use our imagination and improve our simming skills (and use of English). Over the years I've been in many ships, simmed with so many people, like Mirra Ezo, Rune Jolara, Tal Tel-ar, Raissa Moonsong, Roshanara Rahman, and many many others that had been part of almost half of my life (most of my adult life). So thanks to everyone that has been here for long and thanks to the new additions that keep this game existing, keep the spirit of Gene Roddenberry when he created the Trek universe and for keeping that universe alive and contribute to give it more life, background and depth.

You're all amazing and I hope to be simming with you another 25 years!!

Sergio, aka Marcus Dickens, aka Kelrod

P.A.: It's been just for a month and half that I didn't get the 15 years badge. I'll have to wait for the next year ceremony (*wink, wink)

Edited by Kelrod
  • Like 4