• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPC Captain Rex McMillan - Go Ahead... Move a Muscle

((USS Fortwith, Crashing towards somewhere...))

((ooc - If there are any audio visual folks in the room, I wrote the first part of this to this song "Song for Bob - by Nick Caves and Warren Ellis"))

:: whirring sound, like wind tunnel... darkness...::

:: The last thing he knew they were plummeting towards a planet of some sort...  Flores as at the helm while he stood by. Just because she was there, there was no certainty that they'd even make it; even with one of the most experienced flight directors int he fleet. He wasn't ready to die. ::

:: The view screen closes down as the power retreats in a shower of sparks. ::

:: He braced the back of the chair to the helm position and positioned his feet in a way that 'might' keep him from flying about. But then again, there they were hurtling towards an atmosphere of literal unknowns. This was only his third year in command of anything... oO Short and sweet I guess... Oo. Gravimetrics were offline by now... ::

:: whirring is louder now... realizes it's in his head... he looks about the cabin, watching as some others brace as well, and one cries out loud. :: 

:: He felt the deck plates shaking apart... The heat in the room increased... They had gone through what atmosphere that planet had. What should have been a clean 2 minutes was taking an eternity. He wasn't sure if he was ready to die... or to pick up and start again wherever they were, if that was even an option. He thought of his wife... his children... He thought back to that time they had mistakenly ended up halfway around the world because he booked the wrong pleasure cruise after their honeymoon... He thought of teaching Ella how to ride her first speeder. Or the first time Ryan took to flight professionally. If only he could see them all one more time... ::

:: The vessel lurches to the left, sending plasma bursting through the room, and the Captain flying to the floor... There was flame coming into the room now... One of the crewman nearest  the hole was sucked through, followed by a large piece of metal that seemed to cover the hole. ::

:: He regained his stance, and made for the center chair... He could see Flores yelling to him, bracing... but he couldn't hear her. As were the others... ::

:: Whirring is intense... nearly the only noise in the room... growing louder... room becoming overwhelmed with emotion, fear, anger, flame against his face... then... darkness and silence.:: 

((USS Fortwith, Sometime later))

:: The room was spinning in a thousand different points of light and darkness. He felt as if he was in five million parts... but then again, he was feeling. He thought for sure that he was dead. That was until he  felt the pain... Pain on the left side of his face... He began to scream. A gutteral scream that must've caught some attention. Before he could move... darkness again... :: 

:: This happened a few times before he finally would awake to a far less painful state. He realized then that he was in his own sickbay... Rex began to sit upright, as the doctor ran to this side to attempt sedation once more. ::

McMillan: NO!

Doctor: Sir! 

McMillan: GET AWAY FROM ME... That's an ORDER... 

:: His face felt stiff... He ran his hand across one side, just to feel hard flesh, and pain. His ear was gone. His mouth was stretched to one side. He realized he'd been burned... badly. He didn't care though... He was alive... and with a massive pit in his stomach. :: 

McMillan: I'm sorry... I... What the frack is going on?

Doctor: Sir, we've been crashed on this rock for a few hours now... Lieutenant Flores has been in command...

McMillan: Where is she... I need to know what's happened.

:: He began to stand, and felt pain shooting through his right side. He didn't care... ::

Doctor: Bridge sir... 

:: He didn't even acknowledge him, but he heard. He turned and immediately made for the bridge... ::

((Fortwith Bridge))

:: The trip took so long... The damage to the vessel was unspeakable... there were bodies in the halls... there were just as many seemingly trying to make something out of nothing as they attempted repairs, or care for the injured. He stepped over them, in desperation of his XO's face. He had to know if she was alright, and what the situation out there was. The bridge lay ahead, with the doors propped, and he could hear her voice speaking... He crested the door to the bridge, and was immediately attacked... by a Klingon. ::

Krenn: [Tag]

:: He began to struggle with him at first, but was overcome by the pain in his body... then there were others... people he didn't recognize at all. They were dressed strangely. All this he managed to see while being nearly strangled by the Klingon in front of him, shouting obscenities. It was all really too much. The strangely dressed one managed to control the Klingon long enough for him to struggle away and over to Flores. :: 

McMillan: What in the HELL is happening around here??? And Who is this? Or you?

Krenn: Response

Thoran/Little/Krenn: Response

McMillan: :: His look was incredulous. :: I have no clue what he's saying... 

Pandorn: ::quietly and evenly wih a scowl:: When you go hand to hand with a Hur'Q, then talk to me.

Krenn: [Tag]

Pandorn: Broke its back against a wall. Made a very nice cracking sound. The same Hur'Q we ::indicates the away team:: drove off Arndall. If you doubt me...

Pandorn: That's right. We fought the Hur'Q on Arndall and won. We could fight the entire time we're here, or we could work together to fix this. What's it going to be, Sogh?

McMillan: WHAT IS GOING ON HERE! My ship is crashed, my face is burnt... There's a Klingon on my ship which I never thought would happen unless there were here taking my head back to Qo'Nos, and here stand you people to make it worse, arguing about who's PHOTONS are bigger? 

Pandorn: [Tag]

McMillan: :: Interrupting him:: LIEUTENANT, might I get a report please... :: Holding his side, staring at the Klingon::  

Flores: [Tag]

:: He looked around the room... the whirring started again. He looked to the Klingon, and the seemingly friendly man in yellow that was holding onto him like some sort of puppy. He didn't like this... He didn't know these people... Some of his have died, and now there they stand... ::

Thoran/Little: Response

McMillan: Lieutenant Flores... he drew his weapon, and nodded for her to do the same. :: Get these people together... we need to figure out what's happening here.

Thoran/Pandorn: [Tag]

McMillan: ::Sticking the black phase pistol straight to the man's face. :: I want to be crystal clear... :: whirring stops:: We were morphed to this space... struck with something... I wake up with half my crew DEAD or DYING... and a bunch of weirdos and a Klingon on my deck... Don't TELL ME to calm down. Now take a step back... against the wall... all of you. ::

:: A few other crewmembers had drawn down as well. :: 

Anyone: [Tag]

TBC/Tags

-
MSNPC Captain Rex McMillan
Commanding Officer
USS Fortwith - NX-03

As simmed by

Lieutenant JG
Na'Lae Mandak
Helm Officer
USS Blackwell