• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lt JG Jocelyn Marshall & Ensign Emilia Krugol - Strangers In a Turbolift

(( Turbolift, USS Gorkon ))

::So far, Jo had managed not to die on the planet filled with Trills, of whom her experience had mainly consisted of beings whose ultimate aim in life was to die in a cataclysmic fashion. It was like they were all living on the knife-edge of a grandiose gamble with fate. She was contemplating their tendency to run headlong into danger, and if Ops should introduce some kind of Trill insurance policy, when the Turbolift doors were closing as she approached. She broke into a jog to catch it.::

Marshall: Hey, hold the lift!

::Emilia’s eyes widened at the approaching presence. With her arm stretching towards the panel in the turbolift, the doors came to a sudden halt after a quick tap of a command.::

Krugol: Oh! S-Sorry!

::Jo managed to slip between the doors and skidded to a halt, smiling at the familiar occupant. They hadn't shared many a conversation outside of their profession but were quite beyond introductions.::

Marshall: Emilia, good to see you! Heading down to Trill?

Krugol:  ::Emilia nodded:: Likewise, sir, a-and I sure am! Wouldn’t miss it for the galaxy.

::Emilia smiled, recognising the officer before her. She greeted the familiar face with a bright expression, reflecting her content attitude. Emilia took a quick note of her lack of stuttering, she wondered if her vibrant and content attitude was to thank.::

Marshall: Have you got anything good planned? ::she quirked her eyebrow:: You’re from Trill, right?

Krugol: Of course i am sir ::She chuckled.:: I’m planning to do some wandering around my birthplace, ::Emilia quickly added.:: a-as well as drop in to see my family for a bit. Are you heading down to the surface as well?

Marshall: I was planning on it. ::she nodded:: Can’t be stuck on the ship when there’s a planet to explore.

::The doors to the turbolift closed eventually, and then began the quiet hum as the two officers moved through the ship. Emilia sighed with her head held high with confidence. That may be the sugar rush talking, but since lunch, she felt several leagues more confident than she did the day before.::

Krugol: Well, i can tell that you won’t be disappointed sir. Trill is such a beautiful planet. I’d say it’s even comparable to earth.

::The mention of the planet made the Human smile; she liked Earth and had spent the best part of her young adult life in San Francisco, as did quite a few of the other trained Officers. Of course, it wasn’t her birthplace, or where she considered home to be, but it was still a beautiful world. Being a Human it was still only natural to assume that she had shuffled out of her mother’s womb there.::

Marshall: Oh? Fancy giving me a quick rundown of the hotspots?

Krugol: Mak’ala city is a must see for any tourist or sightseer. You have hot springs, reserves, wonderful choices for where to eat. A-And let’s not forget the beautiful bathhouses and nature reserves.

Marshall: It does sound like the place to be. The crew will love it, I’m sure. ::she clasped her hands behind her back as the lift moved:: I haven’t been to Trill since… when was it… the summer of twenty-three eighty-seven. Eighteen and dumb. Hiking up the Lekarna Mountains before throwing myself into the Springball quarterfinals.

Krugol: Really? How’d that work out?

Marshall: ::she chuckled and shook her head:: Knocked out second round. Good job really. More time for hiking and sending my foolish self off to become the Academy’s problem. ::she rolled her eyes at herself with a slight grin:: Whereabouts were you born? Mak’ala City?

::Emilia nodded pridefully::

Krugol: Yep! I was raised on the lesser populated eastern areas. It’s a lot quieter than any of the other areas, mostly because of the lack of access to business opportunities

::The turbolift smoothly slid to a stop and allowed the two occupants onto the requested deck for access to Boer Station then the planet beyond. The attached walkways were already bustling with fellow crew displaying the bloodshot eyes and shaky heads of first shore leave night parties. Usually that would be the point where the two conversing Officers would part ways to find whoever they were going to the surface with.::

Marshall: It must be good to see the old place after being flung around the galaxy so much. I imagine you’ll have a lot to tell them about.

::Emilia strutted out of the turbolift with her fellow gold shirt. She took in a sharp breath, taking in the busy atmosphere. Chatter in the corridors echoed throughout the deck, incoherently violating the ears of the listeners. Raising her arms above her head, Emilia stretched her stiff bones and muscles contained within her loose, knitted sweater.::

Krugol: No doubt, i’ll probably bombarded with questions again. ::She gazed off briefly into the distance.:: No doubt, mother’s still waiting on that special someone of mine ::she shuddered::

Marshall: Well, I hope you have a lovely time wandering around your home. ::she smiled brightly:: There’s talk of a camping gettogether at some point. You can tell me all about it then.

Krugol: oO Camping? Oh god… Oo  I-I look forward to it. ::She bowed her head slightly.::

::About to run off for the connecting transport to the northern hemisphere, Jo stopped and turned back to catch the young Trill’s attention again. They hadn’t had much chance to get to know one another between missions, and while a conversation in a turbolift was as good as much others got, why go an inch when a mile was better?::

Marshall: It sounds like you’ve probably got your hands full with the obligatory family visits and by no means feel obliged here, but I’m planning on fitting in some white water rafting. There’s a river between the Thorain Mountains that I can never remember the name of. If you want to join, I can hold off going until you’re free?

::Emilia turned on her elevated heel. She smiled at Jo in a rather blissful, yet inquisitive manner. ::  

Krugol: Sure! I’m down for that. I-I need some exercise…. that doesn’t involve hitting a hologram to a pulp ::she chuckled awkwardly.::. Just contact me when you feel like it… then i’ll see if i can get beamed to your location.

Marshall: ::she nodded:: Sure. Enjoy your time with your family and don’t forget to relax.

Krugol: You too, sir. Enjoy your day.

::In the space of another wave, the two officers parted ways. Emilia straightened her body and walked with her head held high. Carefully, Emilia navigated the overflowing corridors, making sure not to awkwardly collide with any other officers, as well as avoiding getting in the way of anyone. Her eyes darted anxiously, watchfully, dodging potentially look destroying collisions. Thoughts of home flooded Emilia’s mind, making her flash a smile as she pressed herself up against the wall to avoid oncoming traffic.::

Ensign Emilia Krugol

-

USS Gorkon

-

Security/Tactical officer

-

G239409EK0

&

Lieutenant JG Jocelyn Marshall

-

Operations Officer

-