• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPC EMH - Time is Limited (Zel/Elspeth/McLaren/Maxwell/Silveira)

((USS Narendra - Sickbay))

::She wasn't pleased. That much was evident by the tapping foot and disgruntled expression. But all these were characteristic of the model doctor she was based off of. Protocol and following orders from Starfleet officers were subroutines that were still there. The EMH sighed. No actual air entered her lungs or exited. Just the appearance of it, an aesthetic feature to make patients more comfortable.::

EMH: Then I shall begin immediately.

Silveira: Good. Look discreetly through the ships systems, nothing thorough so you won't activate security failsafes the Romulans set up. Just have a general look around for now.

::She tried not to look to annoyed. Instead nodding and moving to one of the consoles. She stood a little further off, mumbling to herself about how foolish this all sounded. But what did she know? In all honesty, she had only been active for a total of 10 hours since the ship was made operational. And it was just to check her systems and now. Which meant she was … 10 hours old! So… what did she know?::

Maxwell: Sickbay is clear. ::To Elspeth.:: Made a wee friend as well, commander. Might be helpful.

Silveira: Thank you Doctor

::She nodded from her station. A hand reaching up to push back the red locks that tickled her ear. Well, that would have tickled her ear if she actually felt it. Then turned back to begin looking through the ships computers. She wasn't sure what to look for though. After all, they were vague at best instructions. But she opted to put everything back into her memory bank, ready to retrieve it on command.::

Elspeth/McLaren/: ?

Zel: Well, unfortunately I see your good news and raise you the fact that I think our main team was captured by the Romulans…

Maxwell: Aye, well it’s a work in progress. ::To Sil.:: Right pal?

Silveira: Are you certain.

::It sounded like there was trouble elsewhere on the ship. Not that a ship full of Romulan's wasn't enough. But that doctor in her became concerned, what if there were injured? Would they be brought to Sickbay? Not likely…::

Elspeth/McLaren: ?

Maxwell: The Narendra’s emergency doctor. ::He paused, turning.:: Um, what should we call you? Besides doctor….?

EMH: ::she eyed the man.:: Doctor is fine.

::no sense in giving them one more thing to remember. Doctor was easy to remember. Plus she didn't have a name per say. Not like they did. Just a title for her particular program associated with this ship.::

Elspeth/McLaren: ?

Silveira: Do you have a lock on the Captain’s team? Are you certain Zel?

Zel: Again!  Home team, captured by Romulans and.. ::He looked back at the console:: Oh shit, they’re on the move.  Halvsies – half towards the bridge turbolift and half towards… I dunno, looks like deck 21 which is the…  ::A sigh:: The brig.

Zel/Elspeth/McLaren/Maxwell: ?

Silveira: I am sorry but I don’t buy it.

::Oooo…. there was suddenly tensions rising in the immediate vicinity. The Cardassian/Bajoran hybrid met the one known as Vitor, gaze. The red headed hologram raised an eyebrow in junction with her thoughts.::

Zel: ?

Silveira: I am not questioning your interpretation. To all effects they could be captured, but I know the Captain better than any of you here.

Silveira: I know the Captain the longest. I served with him for years. They are working on their end of the plan. It’s the diplomatic part.

::She canted her head, fingered still sifting through data. Her eyes absorbed every iota of information. While her ears soaked up the itty bitty bit of drama being drawn out in her Sickbay. But of course… she couldn't leave well enough alone. Something that seemed common for computer programs designed to interact with the public.::

EMH: A great deal of confidence from someone not presence. ::she now looked over, pausing the computer.:: You know this all, it is fact?

Silveira: No, I am not sure about. It’s a hunch. But I don’t think we should steer away from our focus because of their arrival. Specially now we got extra help. ::He smiled at the Doctor and shrugged.:: Our concern is with our end of the mission. At least for now.

::She wondered if there was more then just, ‘I know this person forever’ here. A deeper set emotion and feeling. The defensiveness and assurance could be taken as more for oneself, in order to convince oneself that a loved one was safe. Or a dear one. And this was the crew she was assigned too?

Well, it certainly could be a lot, lot worse. Like stuck with Romulans. A group that didn't uphold Starfleet beliefs and protocols and rules and regulations…::

EMH: I fail to see the relevance of speculating one way or another. ::she spoke up. A glance between the two men.:: You should search for facts before jumping to action.

Zel/Elspeth/McLaren/Maxwell/Silveira: ?

EMH: Perhaps you can tell me what it is you want me to find? ::she looked around.:: I can access a great deal of the ship’s systems unnoticed. But without something more specific it's a pointless exercise.

::She looked at them, a raised eyebrow and the most obnoxious foot tapping. Then pinched the bridge of her nose. Not in annoyance, but thought. She was thinking. Thinking of what would be more useful, more effective. Everyone had an idea, a task she could easily do. Just not all at once. So…::

EMH: Sickbay can of course be secluded from the standard ventilation systems. There are manual shutoffs that wouldn't be detected by the computers.

EMH: So long as what you distribute is done outside of Sickbay’s vents, it'll distribute throughout quickly and not in here.

::She nodded in agreeance. They could easily slip up into the vents from Sickbay, and crawl about till the reached the close off valve. Just beyond that and the rest of the ship will be breathing in whatever gas is put into the air. Only drawback, is any kind of detonation in the vents would trigger warnings on the bridge. So they would have to put it in a time release container or send someone one in to manually release. Which meant it was likely they would be affected. Unless you were a hologram…::

EMH: Unfortunately, anywhere else - unless also done manually - would alert the computer. ::deadpan.:: You will have to take the risk of your fellow officer being effected.

EMH: I believe you have a saying, “time is limited’.

TBC/TAGs

EMH

USS Nerandra

• Like 2