• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign Dante Termine - Settling in

Brell

((Runabout USS Farrow))

:: For Dante Termine the adrenaline of open combat wore off soon after the final decompression fire from the robot vessel snuffed itself in the void of space. In it’s place, there was left only the anxieties of a new placement, made infinitely more unnerving by entirely singular arrival. After all, seeing your new ship in pieces wasn’t the homecoming any Ensign wished. Dante drummed his fingers, a bad habit he had never been able to quit. Dane glanced at his coms panel. It was still full with continual damage reports and all-green check-ins from the marines aboard the Atlantis, but for now there was nothing that anyone aboard the Farrow could do.::

Termine: oO Fighting… all this fighting. First on the simulator and the first thing I do on my new assignment is fire on an enemy ship? I joined Starfleet for peace, not for fighting… Could I have been wrong about enlisting? Was Starfleet just an army in disguise, like all of it’s opponents say? Oo

:: Dante snapped back to his console when a hail came in. It was a request to lower shields and allow beam-in which Dante did, upon order from CommanderLydra. a few seconds later and Dante was squinting as a transporter beam glowed to in the centre of the room. It solidified into the form of a Bolian male, wearing the uniform from the Command division from Starfleet, and the rank insignia of a Commander. He proceeded to immediately clasp hands with Lyldra, join their elbows and press their heads together. A Bolian courtship customs, something Dante had seen before, but never quite like this. Dante watched as the two Bolians held each other close for just a moment, and in their eyes he saw only one thing, love. It was that very moment, that all the anxiety melted from Dante. If this was to be his CO, everything was going to be ok. Because even in that small moment Dante saw that Commander Brell, was a man knew love. He was a man Dante could follow.  ::

:: A few seconds later, Commander Brell turned Sotak and Termine. ::

Termine: Welcome aboard captain! ::Dante, remembering himself, leapt from his chair to stand at full attention ::

Brell: I thought I’d welcome you both to the crew here. :: He smiled at them both. ::

Sotak: We understand your inability to greet us before sir, the Atlantis seems to be full of tasks to repair it and it of course takes precedence.

Termine: With all this going on, thank you for taking the time to welcome us sir. What can we do for you sir? 

Brell: As you know towing the Atlantis back will take another day, and for the time being you likely to be more comfortable here. 

Sotak: About that, sir, I was wondering if there was something we could do to help the current situation on the ship.

:: Dante nodded at his peer’s words before voicing his agreement::

Termine: Aye sir, I second that sentiment. 

Brell: If you’d really like to join in the repair details we can have one of the shuttle pilots transfer over.

Sotak: Yes, sir. At least speaking for myself, I would like to be of some service with the ongoing repairs. As a science officer I'm not sure I can do much, but I am capable enough to handle basic repairs and be able to relieve someone from the engineering personnel so they can get some rest, as they will surely need. 

Brell: Response

Sotak: Thank you, sir, I will arrange it.

(( Two days later, Etherieal Pleasures bar, DS26 )) 

:: Dante held his shoulder as he rolled it in it’s joint. He had spent the last two days cleaning and repairing the corridors of the Atlantis, assisting in the repairs of the ship. Not being an engineer himself he had spent the better part of that time cutting and clearing debris from the halls and the strain on Dante’s muscles could be felt. On the stool beside him sat a PADD as well as a long-stemmed glass of Betazed wine. It was good stuff, and properly alcoholic too, just want Dante wanted to dull the throbbing in his arms. On his PADD was a crew manifest, faces and names of all his new shipmates and hopefully his new family.::

Termine: oO A new family huh? I wonder what they will be like … Oo

:: Out of the corner of his eye, Dante noticed at a table a face he had only moments before scrolled past on his screen. Ensign Thayon Jann, the ship’s counselor . Looking for friends and noting that the ship’s counselor was probably a good person to get to know, he decided now was the time for introductions. Dante walked over, his drink in hand and approached Jann’s table::

Termine: Excuse me, Counselor Jann? Hi, I’m Ensign Dante Termine. I’ve just been assigned aboard the Atlantis. You know, one of the ones that arrived on the Farrow? Is this seat taken? :: Dante gestured to a chair beside the man:: 

Jann: response

Termine: I hope I’m not interrupting anything, I just wanted to speak to you about the Atlantis and it’s crew. This is my first posting and I’m a bit nervous of running into any [...] pas. I’ve never been part of a crew before, or even worked on a ship so I’m a little nervous I may be out of my element. ::Dante chuckles:: I grew up around diplomats so regrettably I feel more comfortable in my dress uniform than my civvies. 

Jan: response

A239503DT0
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...