• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lieutenant Anath G'Renn - An Unscheduled Landing

@Anath G'Renn I especially loved the part where you put Jarred back together :D

((Navatria, Valcarian Capital, Arndall))

Thoran: I don’t much like the idea of heading to a Valcarian facility. Doctor, do you think he’ll survive long enough for a shuttle to arrive?

G’Renn: He’s not going to drop dead right this second, but the longer we sit here debating what to do the closer we get to that point.

Thoran: Okay, i’d like you to do what you can for the moment. Ensign Ferentis, see if you can raise Ensign Mandak for an emergency evacuation.

Ferentis: Aye, sir.

::While Ferentis worked on arranging a shuttle for them, Anath and Thoran took on the far more challenging task of convincing a Valcarian to trust outsiders.::

Thoran: Your colleague, ::he pointed towards the Valcarian G’Renn had been treating:: our Doctor states he needs surgery to survive. We don’t have the capability here so we’re going to take him back to our ship. It’s a medical vessel.

Valcarian Driver: I cannot allow that. I will need authorisation from command.

G’Renn: oO Can we all just cut out the mistrust, paranoia, and delays for ten minutes so we can keep that man from bleeding out? Oo

::Nothing about the situation was helping her frustration. The attitude of the Valcarian was not helpful. The fact that by the letter of their orders they weren’t even supposed to be helping them because of their military uniforms went against Anath’s very nature. Everybody’s anger and mistrust were getting to her and she felt like the lives of two beings were not worth any amount of xenophobia and pride.::

Valcarian Driver: I cannot raise them. Something is interfering with the signal. My colleague is not going anywhere with you.

::One moment, everything seemed to be in the right place from her perspective. Then the ground of Arndall began to quake and Anath found herself viewing the entire world as if it were tilted on its side. She had been thrown off her feet, and it seemed as if her teammates and the Valcarians had been similarly thrown about by the tremors as she got back to her feet.::

Ferentis: What...

G’Renn: Ensign, Commander? Are you two alright?

Thoran: I’ll be fine. 

::The ground began to shake again, startling her. The sounds of screams, weapons fire, and the very world being torn apart all rung through the area and assaulted her sensitive ears. For a moment she instinctively covered her ears and tried to block out the horrifying noises. However, she was needed more than ever. After a moment to regain her bearings she looked around for the source of the sounds.::

Ferentis: The Valcarians must be attacking in full.

Thoran: Doctor, the third Valcarian may need some assistance ::he gestured towards the figure that lay on the floor.:: Mr Ferentis, any word on that shuttle?

G’Renn: Right away!

::Anath approached the Valcarian with the burns, offering a hand to get them back to a sitting position before pulling them onto their feet. They were probably in a lot of pain, but could walk. The man who had been impaled in the vehicle would need a lot more help.::

G’Renn: Our patients should be ready for transport in the shuttle, ::shooting an angry sideways glance at the driver:: assuming we take them with us.

Ferentis: ?

Thoran: Good work. Both of you. Now we’ll have to sit tight and hope Ensign Mandak doesn’t take too long.

((Timeskip: Several minutes later))

::In the grand scheme of things, the shuttle didn’t take too long to arrive. It was only a few minutes at most. Unfortunately, time was a relative thing. When she was curled up on one of the loungers in her living room reading a good book a few minutes wasn’t all that long. In the middle of an active warzone each second dragged on forever, heavy with the threat of sudden death from some stray fire from the battle or a miscalculated artillery strike. The familiar sound of a Federation shuttlecraft’s engines immediately drew her attention to the sky.::

Thoran: Cavalry’s here. Let’s move out.

Mandak: =/\= Mandak to Ferentis, Ready when you are! =/\=

::Finally things were looking up. Looking up until they tried to gather their patients, that is. That’s when the Valcarian driver decided to step in their path and try to stop them.::

Valcarian Driver: I said my..people..stay.. ::he thrust a pointed finger towards the floor.:: here.

Thoran: Your people are seriously injured and need medical attention. At the very least, allow us to take you and your colleagues to a Valcarian facility.

::What happened next happened so quickly Anath barely registered what all occurred. Commander Thoran tried to pass by the Valcarian, there was some movement from the driver, and then their security chief sent him to the ground. This was not going well.:: 

Thoran: You can come with us or you can stay here. Your colleagues will die if they don’t get medical attention very very soon.

Valcarian Driver: I shall stay here. And I assure you, I shall be making a full report.

::With that, they collected the two injured Valcarians very carefully and carried them over to where the shuttle had landed a short distance away. Anath helped Ferentis carry the soldier from the backseat of the crash.::

Thoran: Doctor, hopefully you should have everything here to stabilise them long enough for us to reach the Blackwell. Mr Ferentis, see if you can get a lock on the supplies and transport them aboard.

G’Renn: They should be able to make it. We definitely shouldn’t wait around any longer than we have to. 

::Anath helped the two into the shuttle and tried to make them as comfortable as she could. The shuttles weren’t exactly as spacious as an ambulance runabout but there was more than enough room for two patients. Once they were secure she made her way to the front of the shuttle.::

Thoran: Good to see you Ensign.

Mandak: To the Blackwell then? Do they know we're coming?

Thoran: I’d like you to do a fly over of the city, see if there is a hospital or something. If not, then yes, the Blackwell.

Mandak: Anyone else coming?

::Anath wanted to go back and talk, or yell, some sense into the driver. He was being stubborn and letting his pride get in the way of any common sense. Unfortunately that wasn’t the kind of problem that a few Klingon insults could fix. Besides, she had absolutely no authority when it came to “you’re being too stubborn.”::

Thoran: Just us i’m afraid.

Mandak: ?

::She found a seat just as the shuttle took off and began to climb into the sky above the city. Anath closed her eyes and tried to banish all the aggressive and unhappy thoughts from her brain. Then all the noises of the shuttle stopped. When she opened her eyes and noticed that the power was off and the shuttle was dark. Even worse, it was beginning to enter a nosedive towards the surface. As she felt the change in acceleration she had only one thought.::

G’Renn: oO So many ways to die in the line of duty, please not like this… Oo

Thoran: Report.

G’Renn: I think something may have disrupted our power. oO Or someone’s been seriously neglecting this shuttle’s maintenance schedule OO

Ferentis/Mandak: ?

::The impact was quick, and sent her flying out of her seat and into the wall of the shuttlecraft with considerable force. She felt metal dragging across her forehead and could immediately tell that it had broken the skin. She knew even before she could feel the green blood pouring down her forehead. Luckily it felt like a light cut. She wasted no time flipping open her medkit, removing a bandage, and adhering it over the site of impact. There would be time to deal with it later once she was sure her friends were unhurt.::

G’Renn: Is anyone seriously injured?

Thoran: ?

::Anath approached the [...]pit and looked down at Thoran’s chest. She couldn’t see very well, but it seemed that something had been lodged in his stomach, and the area immediately around the object was darker than the rest of his uniform.::

G’Renn: Commander, try not to move too much. I’ll do what I can for you, but I need some more light. Either of you have a lamp?

::After switching on the emergency light source and setting it on the console above them, Anath opened Commander Thoran’s uniform outer jacket and looked closer at the wound. A piece of metal shrapnel was the culprit. She would need to act quickly to get it removed before it caused any more serious bleeding. Anath removed a set of gloves from her medkit as well as her field surgery kit. She broke the sterile seal on the kit and removed a few tools that she would need to remove the shrapnel, as well as loading a hypospray with a light painkiller.::

G’Renn: Deep breaths, Mr. Thoran. This is going to pinch just a bit.

::That was of course a bit of an understatement. Even with a painkiller now moving through his system he would probably still feel it. If she had her way she’d sedate him before removing the object. Unfortunately time was not on their side, and after your shuttle was just possibly shot down was not the time to sedate your security officer. She waited for a few moments after injecting the painkiller before swiftly removing the piece of console and setting it aside.::

Thoran: ?

G’Renn: Okay, so maybe a little more than a bit. Just hold still while I close up the wound and the painkiller does its job. ::Charging up the dermal regenerator as she spoke:: Deep breathes, few words.

::For such a small piece of metal, the piece of debris had certainly done quite a bit of damage to the commander. Much like the similarly small and sharp arrowhead that had struck him in the knee during their holodeck exercise. Anath spent about a minute with an autosuture and a dermal regenerator sealing the wound before applying a bandage and backing up to give Thoran some room to breathe. Not a moment after she stood up, she heard what could only be described as an angry shriek from somewhere outside the shuttle. She couldn’t be sure, but it didn’t sound like a normal humanoid race. It sounded insectoid, and made her skin crawl.::

Mandak/Ferentis/Thoran: ?

Lieutenant Anath G'Renn

Chief Medical Officer, USS Blackwell - Andaris Task Force

A239402AG0

• Like 1