• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoryCodeRed

I think I'm having some issues

Question

Guest CoryCodeRed

I Posted this here as I am having a hard time navigating the site and forums, many I cant view or post in and I'm waiting to be approved or something 0n this site.

I'm playing as T'Katt Dugoras.

So here's it all.

I got approved and have started training but something aren't working right it seems. 

1. I got an email telling me I was added to a google group, but if I click that link it take me to a page saying I cant view the group as I am not a member and it want me to sign into gmail, but I get all the emails from that group in my yahoo inbox and replying seems to work fine. Whats the deal with this and how does it affect my simming properly? is Yahoo not a good Email for this system?

2. I noticed in peoples reply emails its listed with their names before the title or subject line example: [sb118-acedemy2] Cadet so-n-so (: or -) Title or subject

But mine appears [sb118-acedemy2] title or subject

Is this due to a setting I am not aware of or because I cant view the group from that link?

3. The whole needing approved for the forums thing, I hit sign up filled out the info used the name CoryCodeRed as its my generic online handle and went to my email for the verification part but it took me to a screen saying i needed approved still and today as well I can only access as guest. not sure if this is just due to some delayed reactions or something else.

Other than this I am enjoying the experience and hope to get things sorted out for the future :)

2 answers to this question

Hi T'Katt!

You're definitely added to the group, and you should be able to send emails to it from your email address as you have been doing. If you'd like to view and/or post from the group's web interface (which is the provided link), you'll need a Google account. I believe you can create one with your existing email here: https://accounts.google.com/signupwithoutgmail

You need to manually add your character's name to the subject line of your sims. So for you, you'd put something like: Cadet Dugoras - The Title of My Sim

I think I've sorted your forum issue, but if you have any problems, please let me know. :)

Oui, Thank you for the clarification on all that, I had learned about my mistake in the subject line lol one of those simple observations I overlooked.

I figured I'd need a google account connected but wasn't sure how to do so I'll check that link thank you. I was mostly only concerned as I wasn't sure if I would have to need to view it to utalize the system properly.

I'm glad you guys are so good with newbies making fools of themselves with these type of inquiries, XD

I would Like to say I entered this process new to online text simming in every sense and with your instructors and extensive articles on wiki and in the forums it has been far simpler and more fun than I had anticipated, especially for someone like me, I tend to geek out hard on things like this when it comes to research yet I still make simple oversights and mistakes... eh only human... more or less. 

• Like 4