• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Ensign T'vete - Therapist's Oath

Brell

((Training facility, deck 4, USS Atlantis, a day before the mission starts)) 

Williams: And so you should… But never hide behind them. If you don’t agree, speak up your mind and offer someone your insights. You might not always get what you want, but speaking up is better then holding your breath.

Cattan: ::to Williams:: I was thinking about doing a warm up first if that's okay with you? 

Williams: That would be the best way to get started. You can do that in your sport gea if you want. But after that you should take your Judogi . ::he pointed at the suits that he prepared::

((Time skip))

:: The warm up had taken the women a good 30 minutes. It would become fairly evident that despite Rev'ya's commitment, she was clearly far from happy to be here.:: 

Cattan: So how do we start :: she looked at Alex :: 

Williams: We shall start with the basics.

:: She watched the Senior officer deploy a punching bag::

Williams: Let’s see what you can do with that. Give it a few punches and kicks. Remember its not about strength but technique

Cattan/: Response?

T'vete: oO Yeah, that's what get's me through this stuff. Technique, and trying to get that down. There's no pleasure in learning to fight Oo ::She kept any commentary that she might have to herself however, instead just making sure she was going through the proper motions::

Williams: Ensign ::looking at T’Vete:: I see you know what your doing. Try to get a steady rhythm. Cattan, try to deliver a few punches on this one.

::Williams held up the cushion ::

Cattan: Response?

T’Vete: ::She nodded in response to that, sighing internally::

oO Hmm, I wonder if I should speak to the Legal Sciences Officer, Perhaps with my role as Counselor, I can see if there's any loophole to get out of this kind of stuff. Starfleet is a peaceful organization...I have a duty to object to orders that violate my morality. I'm a pacifist, and yet, here I am. This alone almost violates what it means to be a Counselor, and what it means to me Oo

::This was almost enough to bring her to tears, but she hid that well enough. She repeated the Therapist's Oath under her breath, to reassure herself::

T'vete: ::Whispered::I will, first, do no harm...I will strive to be wise, compassionate and contained with those in my care. I will speak up against torture, exploitation and violence, and tolerate none of these. I will protect those who are vulnerable, and cannot speak up for themselves.I will be silent when it is time to be silent, protecting the sacred oath of confidentiality.I will speak the truth.I will be respectful. I will know my abilities, my limits and myself.I will ask for help when I need it, and acknowledge when I don't know something.I will give back, and strive to make my presence be a healing one in the world.I will take care of myself, so that I can take care of others.

Anyone: Response?

===========================
Ensign Rev'ya T'vete - Ship's Counselor
USS - Atlantis
A239410RT0
  • Like 1