• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Who Would You Draft?

Randal Shayne

Who Would You Draft?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. If you could draft anyone from canon to join your ship, who would you choose?

• Spock
    • Leonard McCoy
    • Data
    • Geordi LaForge
    • Beverly Crusher
    • Tuvok
    • Harry Kim
    • Seven of Nine
    • Kira Nerys
    • Jadzia Dax
    • Miles O'Brien
    • Someone else in Starfleet (Tell us in the comments!)
    • Someone not in Starfleet (Tell us in the comments!)

When one speaks to me, it becomes painfully obvious that I am not a big gamer. However, I also know that many people within SB118 are serious about their digital pursuits. World of Warcraft seems to be the preferred game by far. Another one that seems to be spreading is the relatively new Star Trek Timelines. Though I don’t play myself, the basic idea has been explained to me.

Essentially, players attempt to resolve missions by utilizing the skills of their crew. These crewmembers are all recognizable from canon, but differing political allegiances and the centuries between two characters in one of the television shows would not apply here. Kirk could be teamed up with the Borg Queen as easily as with Spock or McCoy.

That got me thinking. Each character has a set value in the game, but what if no such point value existed? What if you could choose a character from the game, or any character from any of the six television shows, to join your current crew?

A big question, I know. So many possibilities- any of Starfleet’s most famous names as a part of your manifest. Imagine seeing Montgomery Scott repairing a power coupling in a Jeffries tube, or Will Riker on the bridge, his collar again adorned with three pips.

What famous character would you want with you on your voyages? Give your vote, and then explain in the comments section below!

Scotty, because it is Alucard's secret goal to crew the ship with only Scotsmen. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would probably enjoy having Data on the ship more, but just in terms of sickbay I would love to have Anath work with Dr. McCoy.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 0:54 PM, Randal Shayne said:

It's nice to see Enterprise getting some love. :D 

Enterprise was my favorite series, so much so that my primary character is from the Enterprise era and often wears her 22nd century uniform complete with USS Columbia NX-03 patch.

• 3 months later...