• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

MSNPCs Drajev and Laris Nesterovi - Idumea

Saveron

(( Electric Dream ))

::Somewhere, in another life, Laris' face was wet. He barely felt it. He hadn't cried since he was eight years old. It was hard to believe he was doing so now.::

Laris: oO She wasn't blessed. She was just... an alien. They don't even believe in Her. Oo

Ombro: ::dubious:: oO She stood before them. They could reach out and touch Her. They did Her bidding. Oo

Laris: oO They're mortals. They came from other worlds to - to take charge. To make us like themselves. Oo

Ombro: oO Oh, little one, there is so much you don’t know. Oo

Laris: oO I am threespirited. The shaman told me... I was sacred. I could walk in the world of thought. I followed the laws, passed the trials that earnt me my name- is this all it meant? That I could do the exact same thing as some unbeliever from another planet who just happened to have the right... abilities? Technology? Is this what I have devoted my life to upholding? Oo

Ombro: ::sighing, annoyed:: oO You know little, kitten. You mewl of knowledge yet you balk at truth. What do you think the first Woman of Light was? She was fire incarnate, made of the stars. Like the sun feeds plants and makes them grow, She raised the H’inji from the dirt. But she taught her Guardians that fire burns, that even suns die. Only today, you met the Woman of Light, and now you have heard Her truth. She was a god, but She left her creations believing She had erred, and her protection was the little she could offer us. She returned to Her kind. As it was then, so it is now. Oo

Laris: oO But the shaman... told me... Oo

Ombro: oO If your “shaman” has inferred misinformation as sacred teachings, this reflects only on the H’inji’s fanciful, unprepared minds. If you have received some ability you share with a strange smelling “unbeliever” from the stars, it may be little more than an error of time and biology. Oo

Laris: oO An... error of biology? This - if what you say is true, then... I can't get my head around this. Oo

Ombro: oO As I said, kitten, fire burns. Perhaps you can take that teaching to your shaman. Oo

Laris: oO If there's nothing special about me, if there's nothing special about us - what do I do? Where do I go from here? Oo

Ombro: ::barking laughter:: oO Little one, you are so concerned with how you’ve been wronged, that you cannot see the jungle for the bushes! You are beget from a being of the stars, who was beget from a people with powers that eclipsed even Her’s. She has returned, yet you see “aliens.” You’ve accepted the role of “threespirit,” yet you are limited by the history it represents. If the Woman of Light were here, she would swat you on the nose and tell you to sit in the corner like the good little pet you are. You are a fierce animal with a mind given to you by a god, yet you whine like the domesticated herd you come from. You are H’inji! That is the Woman of Light’s legacy. Oo

::The ombro's presence began to move away.::

Laris: oO Wait. Please. I have questions. Oo

Ombro: ::not looking back:: oO I emerge from a long and painful nightmare. My belly is empty and my claws twitch for the hunt. I will leave you to your electric dream, but when you leave this place you will not be able to find it again. If you try, I will kill you. Hunt well, kitten. Oo

::Laris didn't reply. Footsteps sounded in the distance, and he felt the dream recede around him, like the fading of sunlight at the end of the day. He took his hand away from the white stone, stunned.::

Drajev: Laris!

::Laris turned; Drajev faltered for a moment, perhaps seeing his red-rimmed eyes, but then he stormed forward and flung his arms around him and Laris could not help but return the gesture.::

Drajev: ::pulling away:: The monastery is on fire. I thought you'd been hurt. ::pause:: What is this place?

Laris: Drajev - the sunmother - she's an alien. Was an alien. A scientist. This is... where she worked from.

::Drajev looked around, expression inscrutable. After a moment, his eyebrows twitched upwards a bit.::

Drajev: Gotcha. Laris, do you think this place is fireproof? Because if it's not, we should probably think about getting out of here.

Laris: Are you serious? Did you even hear what I just told you?

::Drajev took his wrist and started dragging him toward the tunnel again. Laris offered only a moment of resistance, too stunned to do much else.::

Drajev: I heard. You think it changes anything?

Laris: You think it doesn't?

:: Drajev glanced up at the ceiling, then stopped, turned to face him.::

Drajev: Laris, ever since we made first contact with aliens, we've always known that the universe might reveal more truths than we were previously aware of. The Sunmother created us, right? That's still true? ::Laris nodded.:: Well then. Does where she came from change who she is? Or who we are?

Laris: You don't get it. She's no different from the aliens out there. She didn't perform miracles, she just... used machines. It was all just machines.

Drajev: Love. To the small-minded, miracles can look every bit like advanced technology. It doesn't mean we should abandon faith.

::Laris felt Drajev grip his hand, and remembered what the ombro had said. Maybe it wasn't over, after all.::

Drajev: Let's go. We both have questions, and there are people out there who might be able to help us answer them. Also, let's not forget that this place is also on fire.

Laris: Right. Fire. Yep.

:: Hand in hand, the two pelted back down the tunnel, and for a moment Laris could not tell whether he was on two feet or four. He glimpsed the Sunmother once last time, dressed in the garments of the aliens, bright and smiling among them - and then in a flash of light they were gone.::

end

Drajev and Laris Nesterovi
Heralds of a new age

simmed by

Lt jg T'Reshik
Science
USS Constitution
D239311T10
  • Like 1