• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the Week: Happy Birthday

StarBase 118 Staff

When we create a new character, we put a lot of thought into the process. Some parts usually get more attention: Species, gender, department. Cosmetic details might be given a lot of thought, even if they have little effect on simming outcomes – the fact that the character has brown eyes helps paint a picture, but probably won’t be helping the crew survive on a barren planet in an ion storm.

Yet one thing that seems mostly random is birthdates, even when there’s a whole industry – astrology – currently built around deciphering what someone’s birthdate means to their personality. There’s even some science behind it: People born in summer are more prone to mood swings!

So how did you pick your character’s birth date, and does it have meaning to you? Join us on the forums and let us know!

This is a new post in our category Simming Questions. Here we will be asking questions about our community, our characters and our writing, and how you interact with it all.

The post Poll of the Week: Happy Birthday appeared first on UFOP: StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG.

ufopsb118?d=yIl2AUoC8zA ufopsb118?i=zGF8TqrJ-a4:1JYti1dbwFA:D7Dq ufopsb118?d=qj6IDK7rITs
zGF8TqrJ-a4

View the full article

Hello!

I cannot speak for anyone else but for me it is a relatively simple process. The year is based on how old I need for the character to be. However the month and day is simply the date of character conception. Now that is not the date that the character is approved or even submitted. It is the date that I first put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and starting working on the character. Usually my PC/PNPC characters take time to build. So I look back at my original notes and that for me is the date of birth.

My 2 credit chips!