• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

PNCP PO3 Mek'Tul - The Klingon & the EMH

((USS Gorkon – Deck 7 – Sickbay))

:: Mek'Tuk swaggered into sickbay with a wide grin. The swagger was nothing new and the grin was often common but it had been a permanent feature since he'd received his orders to join the Gorkon. This was the third ship that he'd served on since leaving the Empire and joining Starfleet and it was by far the most powerful and, perhaps more importantly, it had an excellent name.:: 

::His previous assignments were on the USS Salem and USS Des Moines. He'd joined the Salem as a member of its SAR - Search & Rescue – team before transferring to the Des Moines as a Ranger medic. Initially, Mek'Tuk had been dismayed when he joined his first ship and discovered that it was an Ambassador class. Mek'Tuk was a warrior and wanted nothing to do with Ambassador's or their private vessels, so it had come as a pleasant surprise when he was informed that the class was actually a Heavy Cruiser. It was certainly old but it was still strong and powerful, befitting his presence. He'd seen far older birds-of-prey service the Klingon Houses to deadly effect.:: 

::He'd enjoyed his time on the Salem so much that when it came time for a new assignment he had requested a transfer to her sister ship, the USS Des Moines. It just so happened that the Des Moines held a platoon of Starfleet Rangers who here short a medic, and as Mek'Tul was trained as both healer and warrior he was a perfect fit. He considered himself truly favored by the ancestors.::

::Now he had again been assigned as a Ranger as its Medic, but this time on the USS Gorkon. Mek'Tuk's It was this news that had given birth to his wide grin.:: 

:: Often Starfleet had a strange fascination with giving its ships weak names. Why would anyone name a ship, for example, Stargazer? Who wanted to spend there entire time aboard ship gazing at stars? Even for Starfleet, there must be a limit to such fruitless endeavors. Then there was the Enterprise and while every Klingon respected the name, even those who had fought the vessel, the respect was due to the reputation. They respected the fighting spirit of Kirk, the sacrifice of Garratt and the honor Picard. They did not respect the meaning of the name. As far as Mek'Tul could figure out the name's meaning had something to do with a monopoly of business, like it should be crewed by Ferengi.::

::But with the Gorkon, Starfleet had gotten it right. It was a magnificent name, taken from the Klingon battle fleet commander and later Chancellor who had brokered alliance between the Federation and Empire, only fitting that Mek'Tul serve on her. When Mek'tul had gotten an opportunity to see the ship class his grin had widened to the point that his face barely contained it. It was a Sovereign-class battle cruiser… officially Starfleet called it an Explorer, but Mek'Tul was no fool and in a Klingon fleet it would have been listed as a Battle Cruiser. It was the prestige of his new assignment that caused Mek'Tul to be in such high spirits when he entered the sickbay. However, he did not get far before he was confronted by a member of the medical team.::

EMH: Please state the nature of the medical emergency?

:: The doctor looked at Mek'Tul and not seeing any injury, suggested.::

EMH: Are you here for a physical?

:: Mek'Tul chuckled.::

Mek'Tul: Indeed Doctor, I'm ready for my physical! :: He announced loudly.:: Shall I disrobe here or in your private quarters?

:: Mek'Tul tugged at his belt for effect and the human blanched.::

EMH: Private quarters? I am a doctor, not a cheap date!

:: Mek'Tul Roared in laughter.::

Mek'Tul: Of course not! There will be blood wine first!

:: The Human took a step back.::

EMH: First, No alcohol is permitted aboard the USS Gorkon. Secondly, I am the ship's Emergency Medical Hologram and I do not have personal quarters. :: Another step back.:: If you are not injured I must insist that you leave. 

Mek'Tul: Hologram? No alcohol? What kind of Klingon ship is this?

EMH: The USS Gorkon NCC-82293, is a Federation Starship under the command of Fleet Captain Quinn Reynolds. The nearest Klingon vessel is two light years in that direction.

:: The EMH pointed his finger in the direction of the sickbay exit. Mek'Tul shook his head in resignation, Starfleet continued to be a very strange place.::

Mek'Tul: It would not be called a battle if it was easy.:: Mek'Tul said philosophically with a shrug to the confusion for the hologram.:: I am not here for a physical, phantom of the lower deck. I am due to report to the Chief Medical Officer. 

:: He reached for a Padd and handed it to the hologram.::

Mek'Tul: I am Petty Officer 3rd class Mek'Tul, Son of Kortok, House of Tenalor. I am a Ranger Medic and when not on duty with the 451st, sickbay nurse.   

EMH: Sickbay Nurse? :: The hologram looked at the Padd with a look of shock.::

Mek'Tul: Indeed, Siren of the Sickbay. Now, where is the Chief Medical Officer?

EMH: The position of Chief Medical Officer is currently vacant.

:: Mek'Tul frowned. He withdrew his Mek'leth blade from its holster and scratched his ridges with it.::

Mek'Tul: Who activated you? 

EMH: You can't have a sword in the sickbay!

:: Mek'Tul stopped scratching his ridges and looked at the hologram in confusion.::

Mek'Tul: Sword? Do you mean my Mek'leth? It's fine, consider it my scalpel. I am Nurse but, I am a Ranger Medic first.

EMH: Scalpel? You can NOT perform surgery with THAT.

Mek'Tul: What is the alternative? A Bet'leth? :: Mek'Tul scoffed.:: Don't be ridiculous, the balance would be all wrong. :: Mek'Tul place the blade back in its holster.:: Now, who activated you, Poltergeist of Deck Seven?

EMH: Ensign Yiggtissi activated me. 

Mek'Tul: I assume Ensign Yiggtissi is a member of the medical team?

:: The EMH nodded.::

Mek'Tul: And where would the brave Ensign be now?

EMH: I am a Doctor, not a secretary.

:: Mek'Tul squinted his eye's, showing anger for the first time.::

Mek'Tul: Have you considered a career change to intelligence.

:: The EMH huffed at that.::

EMH: I believe he is on the Bridge with Ensign Wakefield, another member of the ship's medical team.

:: Mek'Tul hummed and looked around the empty sickbay. Clearly, most of the staff were on leave or off duty.::

Mek'Tul: Very well. I shall return at a more convenient time. 

:: Mek'Tul turned to leave.::

EMH: Wait. 

:: Mek'Tul turned back with a raised eyebrow.::

EMH: Could you deactivate me?

:: Mek'Tul nodded firmly.::

Mek'Tul: I could.

:: With that, Mek'Tul turned and exited the Sickbay. Leaving the sulking Hologram behind him.::

=/\=
PNCP
Petty Officer 3rd Class Mek'Tul
451st Ranger Medic
USS Gorkon

Simmed by

Ensign Sera zh' Aella
Engineering Officer
USS Gorkon
V239107TZ0