• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Uniforms of the 2400s

Tu'Peq

Hey everybody,

So, judging by the results of the poll on a similar topic, I have a feeling I know how the majority of people might feel about this question, but I was wondering, what are we going as our sim comes closer to approaching the year 2400? In another sim I was a part of, when the IC year hit 2395, we changed uniforms from the First Contact ones to what most refer to as the All Good Things uniform. So I was wondering, when that time comes (the year 2400, that is) what are we going to do, are we going to keep the current uniforms we have? As I know that we've pretty much accepted using the AGT commbadge at this point in time. I've always liked the AGT uniforms but I could definitely understand why other people might not necessarily be fans of it. I do think, however, that they are most likely to be the actual uniforms used by Starfleet in the early 25th Century on account of them showing up in TNG, DS9, and Voy. (I also just really dislike the STO uniforms which seem to be the only alternative...they just seem so militaristic and...not Star Trek to me)

• Like 2

Ya the OOC thing is definitely limiting. I was part of a Bravofleet sim called USS Cavalry which just recently switched over to the AGT uniforms and...it was very difficult to make avatars for it haha. I think half of the people at the time ended up getting their uniform pics from STO haha

• Like 1

I had always pictured us staying with the First Contact Uniform but began using the All Good Things style commbadge. Honesty, the FC uniform looks the most professional to me instead of being bright colors. The subtle of the colors while the gray felt efficient to me. :D

• Like 1

I'm always marching to the beat of my own drum, but I've been working on a variation of the ST:Beyond "survival suit" as a combat/mission uniform variant.

9qE811J.jpg

14heiJC.jpg

Edited by Tyler Kelly
  • Like 3

I really like that work, @Tyler Kelly. Honestly, it looks like what marines would wear in a combat setting or even security when more than just the standard uniform is needed.

I love the STO Odyssey uniforms (as they feel like a natural progression from the FC style) with the AGT combadge. The other, original, STO unforms (Sierra and Antares) however, are just plain bad.

Odyssey Uniform style guide: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6005803

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:34 AM, Solaris said:

I love the STO Odyssey uniforms (as they feel like a natural progression from the FC style) with the AGT combadge. The other, original, STO unforms (Sierra and Antares) however, are just plain bad.

Odyssey Uniform style guide: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6005803

Actually really like those uniform sets.

And I'm usually pretty nit-picky about things :)

• 2 weeks later...

One nice bit of continuity that I liked was a series of illustrations I found online where someone drew up the Sierra uniforms from STO which made it almost look like the shirt worn under the Sierra jacket was the top found in the AGT uniforms. Here it is.

I actually don't mind this idea and it makes me like the Sierra uniforms a bit more haha. I do think that the Odyssey Uniforms are an improvement over the Sierra and Antares. However there's just...too much black for me.

20 hours ago, Tu'Peq said:

However there's just...too much black for me.

Surely then, you have the same complaint about the TNG Film uniforms? Because Odyssey has the same amount of black as they do, at least on the duty uniforms.

While there is the same amount of black, the grey on the shoulders is much lighter than that on the odyssey uniforms providing a contrast that I find more appealing. In that regard, I do prefer the captain's uniform to the staff duty uniform (but the white of the shoulders seems a bit harsh of a contrast). The thing that I prefer most about the TNG film uniforms over odyssey is that there is more concentration of the division colours around the neck. The actual amount of division Colour on the odyssey uniform might have more surface area but they appear more thinned out than in the film uniforms. My favourite uniforms are the TOS film and 29th century (VOY: Relativity) uniforms. One thing in common among both of these is more Colour (albeit, much more toned down in the latter uniform).