• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Star Trek Videogames

Valdivia

Star Trek Videogames  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre of Star Trek videogames?

• Real Time Strategy. (Armada, New Worlds)
    • Shooters. (Elite Force, The Fallen)
    • Graphic adventures. (25th Anniversary, Justice Rites)
    • Ship simulators. (StarFleet Command, Bridge Commander)
    • Other? Maybe one we have not mentioned, or one of those hard to classify ones?

We are mostly used to see Star Trek in TV form (or movies), and in our particular case also in simming form. But Star Trek has taken lots of other formats in all these years since it first arrived to our screens. One of these formats are videogames.

Of course, not everyone plays to videogames, but since we are convinced there is a fair amount of players among us, we wanted to give them some space in our weekly polls. Of course, it would be impossible to mention every single Star Trek based videogame and say something worthy about them. So let us simplify. We will talk about genres.

What are your favorite Star Trek videogame genres? Here come some ideas, with some examples, but of course the list is way longer! Maybe you liked Real Time Strategy videogames? (Armada, New Worlds). Or maybe shooters? (Elite Force, The Fallen). Graphic adventures? ( 25th Anniversary, Justice Rites ) Ship simulators? (StarFleet Command, Bridge Commander).

Did we mention your favorite? Do you want to tell us about some other videogame you loved? Come to the forums and join the discussion!

This is a new poll in our category General Trek, where we ask questions about all thinks Star Trek, like scenes, characters, starships, and in this case videogames.

Bridge Commander is probably my favorite Trek game, followed by "A Final Unity," a TNG point-and-click adventure title. I think they came closest to capturing the kind of Star Trek I fell in love with as a kid. 

• Like 3

I played the heck out so many Trek games; Elite Force 1 & 2, Armada 1 & 2, New Worlds, Starfleet Academy (yeah the one that had like 15 CDs to it),  but there is one that no matter how old it gets I enjoy it to this day. BOTF - Birth of the Federation, the turn biased strategy civilization builder. Though it came out in 1999 the game was well ahead of it's time.

Edited by Brell
  • Like 2

Star Trek Timelines by Disruptor Beam

@Valdivia STTNG A Final Unity!! That game holds a very very special place in my heart. Probably my favorite game OF ALL TIME. But, @Brell, BOTF is a very close in the running, too.

I've tried to replay both of these on modern tech with emulators and what not. Never works out :(

If somebody came out with a Bioware-esq choice-system game for Star Trek, I would be eternally grateful.

Instead I have to settle on the Abrams Trek game that's a 3rd person shooter that you had to play with in coop because yay for glitchy AIs.

• Like 1

I remember playing Star Trek Generations before I even knew what Star Trek was. I was never able to get past the first stage though. BOTF was a game I sank many hours into, along with both the Armada games, Elite Force 1 & Away Team.

• Like 2

On 05/07/2017 at 6:48 PM, Evan Delano said:

Bridge Commander is probably my favorite Trek game, followed by "A Final Unity," a TNG point-and-click adventure title. I think they came closest to capturing the kind of Star Trek I fell in love with as a kid. 

I really wish they'd put A Final Unity on GOG. :(

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Quinn Reynolds said:

I really wish they'd put A Final Unity on GOG. :(

I wish with all the old adventure games they'd go further even and do remastered versions. With today's graphics, you could even change the format from a point and click adventure to a full third or first person adventure with the original audio...

Also, BOTF deserved a sequel with all the different eras once Activision had the complete license briefly. Sigh... ah well. Maybe Discovery can help revitalize the Trek gaming scene. Voyager brough us Elite Force after all. It's actually quite disappointing how little the Kelvin universe has given us in terms of ancillary media.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I loved A Final Unity! Having grown up on TNG it really felt like the Star Trek I knew and loved.

I would really like to see a Star Trek RPG. Somewhere between Unity and STO.