• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

2017 Awards Ceremony – Special awards

Congratulations Renos the amount of work you've done, and continue to do, is simply amazing.  Thanks again for all the work you do, I am glad I've gotten to know you.

• Like 3

I'm glad to see Oddas getting the Boothby Award since I nominated him for it for all the outstanding work and commitment. I know the cadets value and appreciate him every bit as much as I do.

It goes without saying that achieving the Picard Award and the Great Bird Award is absolutely mind blowing, so thank you very much indeed! As long as the community is ahppy, I'm happy, that's what it's all about.

Every single one of these winners are worthy and I have great respect in particular for those who conquer adversity to make things work and cntinue to write with us. Congrtaulations one and all! :)

• Like 2

What else can I say about @Mirra Ezo that hasn't already been said? Not a great deal! I firmly believe that she deserves the Community Champion award because she is a wonderful asset to this fleet. You can always find spreading her joy somewhere on the forum or in the discord chat. I've simmed with her for two years and her enthusiasm and brightness is infectious! I am so, so proud of her!

@Jalana- your graphical prowess is next level. Absolutely astonishing. Your take on a Bolian-fied Grace Jones was equal parts mesmerising and terrifying. Everytime I look at the picture, it sends a shiver down my spine. You are a credit to this fleet and to your ship. I have had the pleasure of simming with you briefly this past year and I can see why you are considered such a treasure!

@FltAdml. Wolf thank you from the bottom of my heart for commanding this fleet with a steady hand and with wisdom. Your tireless devotion and dedication to this fleet are an example to us all. Without you, there would be no UFOP: Starbase 118 and none of us would have ever met. I don't think there enough words to express my gratitude to you.

The fact that @Renos is the second person to be awarded the Great Bird of The Galaxy award in the fleet's history is nothing short of phenomenal and really is an indication of the passion and devotion that he puts into this fleet. Congratulations!

• Like 3

@Jalana - Congratulations! Jalana is someone who works hard to ensure that individuals are having a great time and finding inspiration to write their characters. She is someone who is exceedingly kind, intelligent and always looking for ways to include players and new writers. Congratulations! 

I'd like to also give a special shout to @Jalana who has done so much work over the years to help new members envision their characters in a fun way, and has been a huge part of making our wiki so dynamic and fun to use. The tutorials she has added to the Image Collective, which have also benefitted the wiki, have been really incredible works of love and dedication. Thanks to her for everything she's done for the group and the wiki :)

Congratulations to @Oddas Aria and @Graeme Cook for their "up and coming" awards! Having a long view of how things work in our community, it's been so much fun to watch the people recognized with these types of awards (Luminary Award is new!) end up rising through the ranks to becoming commanding officers, or even Executive Council members. I'm so excited to see what comes next for these folks, who have really pour their heart and soul into making the community a fun place to be. 

Big thanks also to the Xalor recipients for sticking with us even through their most difficult moments. I hope that our community has helped you find comfort and fellowship in dark times. 

And congratulations to everyone else who received an award in this category! 

• Like 1

I’ve only recently transferred to the Constitution, but I’d like to give a big wave to Jalana for making me feel very welcome. Her creativity is phenomenal, and her artwork exquisite, and her leadership gentle and encouraging. Whilst facing her own challenges with aplomb, she likes to gently challenge others and help them grow. I blame her entirely for saying ‘actually, we really need a Counsellor’, and then standing back and watching the fun. But that’s what she does, she gives us opportunities for our characters to grow, and for us to develop as writers.

As for T'Reshik, having battled Fibromyalgia myself, I don’t know how you have the energy and sheer creative drive to write the quality and quantity that you do, but I am very glad of it. Your characters are beautifully written and highly entertaining, and I look forward to following their adventures in the future.

Admiral Wolf, the community that you have so tirelessly built, and continued to build over a longer period than any other online game I know, brings enjoyment and satisfaction to a great many people. I don’t know what else to say, except ‘thank you’.

Edited by Saveron
  • Like 2