• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Watching order

Mattheus

Hi all,

My wife and I are thinking of watching Star Trek tv shows starting of course with TOS and hopefully working our way through the rest. My question is that when it comes to the movies are they chronological as in should they be watched during the TV shows or should they just be watched individually.

Hope that makes sense 

Thanks 

Here's my viewing order, and this may not work for everyone.

• Movies: The first 10 (Star Trek Motion Picture to Nemesis) <-- note, since our game takes place after Nemesis, you should probably stop here with the movies.
  • The Original Series
  • Enterprise (Pre-Kirkian Era) (you can reverse this with TOS if you fancy)
  • The Next Generation
  • Deep Space Nine
  • Voyager

Most of the uniform images seem to be in the Nemesis style, though the badge types differ depending on the artist. :-) Hope this helps you out.

• Like 1

If you've never watched TOS before, I suggest using a guide like http://www.letswatchstartrek.com/ so you can get some warning about episodes that are skippable. Most episodes and movies are independent enough that it really won't matter whether you watch things in chronological order. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evan Delano said:

If you've never watched TOS before, I suggest using a guide like http://www.letswatchstartrek.com/ so you can get some warning about episodes that are skippable. Most episodes and movies are independent enough that it really won't matter whether you watch things in chronological order. 

Great recommendation!

12 hours ago, Mattheus said:

My wife and I are thinking of watching Star Trek tv shows starting of course with TOS and hopefully working our way through the rest. My question is that when it comes to the movies are they chronological as in should they be watched during the TV shows or should they just be watched individually.

I'll admit I haven't seen all the TOS episodes, but I loved most of the TOS movies. So someone with a vague conception of what TOS was about can probably get a handle on the movies pretty quickly. To that end, I think they stand alone – might actually be better to watch them before you watch TOS, like Skyfire said, to warm someone up to the crew :)

• Like 2