• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Poll of the week: The sim of your dreams

Valdivia

Poll of the Week: The sim of your dreams  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When simming dreams, what kind of sims do you prefer?

• Scenes that mimic reality, like those dreams where you keep going thinking you are already awake.
    • Flashbacks, or visions from the past, maybe approximate.
    • Metaphoric imagery that tells us about the character.
    • Surrealist and unexpected dreams.
    • Dreams where the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.
    • Other (let us know!)

Have you ever had to sim your characters dreams? Some players do so for fun. Others, because the plot requires them to, because the characters fall into a dreamlike state, or even just fully asleep for some time and you want to keep simming. If the plot has never forced you, do it just for fun. Your character’s dreams during shore leave. Believe me on this: it is fun.

So, if you have ever simmed your character’s dreams, or read the dreams of other players, we want to ask: how were those dreams? What kind of simmed dreams do you prefer? The kind of dreams that seem reality, that are close to reality? The kind of dreams that reproduce past scenes, exactly or closely? Maybe surreal dreams where everything is unexpected?

This week’s question is: What kind of simmed dreams do you prefer?

This is a new post in our category Simming Questions. Here we will be asking questions about our community, our characters and our writing, and how you interact with it all.

I think the last dream (proper dream in a sim) I wrote, my character was having a conflict within himself and wondering what the point of all his work was when ultimately, every time he took a step off the ship, he was in danger. He found himself unable to trust those around him. So when I wrote the scene, it was a reality where he knew his mother well - where in one of my more recent sims with him, he admits to not knowing a thing about her, aside from what others have spoken to him. In this particular scene, however, she says exactly what he wanted to hear even if he acted like it wasn't, therefore trying to motivate himself using  a maternal figure he'd never had in a single person - though he doesn't linger on the thought of his lack of biological mother (Rodulans in his area are typically big fans of "it takes a community to raise a child" kind of philosophy, so he's never lacked a maternal figure), he has always wondered what she would say to him, had she the chance to see him as he is today. So allowing himself a positive version involving her believing in him during this recovery period, what she might say, brought him some confidence in a time where he needed every inch of it.