• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Lieutenant JG Liani: Calling Out

Antero Flynn

((OOC Note: The song playing in the background is Tom Wait’s Rainbirds, if you’re curious you can hear it here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hrlK69wwWA  . listening while reading might enhance the experience.))

((Temporary Apartments, Starbase 118 Operations))

:: Liani walked through the front door of her apartment and let her pack slip onto the floor, a soft non committal thud.   The door slides shut behind her- a clean sound of sliding metal.  She baps at the control panel a few times until the lock engages and moves a few slow steps into the room.  Her eyes slide over to the small table where Charlie had made a nest out of one of her better dresses- a half eaten cricket hangs out of his mouth as he cuddles against a stuffed tribble.  A soft ball of white against pale blue and Andorian flowers.  Liani let herself smile. ::

oO At least someone’s day went to plan. Oo

Liani : Computer- key playlist Tom Waits, Instrumentals, Rainbirds, repeat.

:: Liani sighs as the piano notes keyed in and she slides off her uniform with the rest of the stress- and leaves it lying on the ground like someone else’s dead skin.  She pads over to the replicator on bare feet- ::

Liani: Water, hot… :: a pause:: with lemon.

:: Hot water in hand, she moves over to the borrowed desk, the banged up Padd sits there blank as death.  She taps on the screen and catches up on the news of the day- boring, dry details- until one bit catches her eye, an antenna bends- she reads the article.  It’s a small blot on the news, but it’s a reminder to her of a broken promise.  Or maybe, a promise that just hadn’t had a chance to be kept yet.  Running one hand through her short hair she taps the computer screen and places the call- the monitor flashes, a busy signal- ::

oO Leave a message? Oo

:: Liani clears her throat and takes a sip of water while the computer records her, her voice, and tucks it all in a box for later on, for someone else, somewhere else. ::

Liani: Hi, we haven’t talked in a long while, in fact you vanished pretty quick, yeh? Good reasons, sure.  ::a small pause as Liani sips her water and looks at the screen. :: And I just saw the news and thought maybe I should congratulate you.  Your own fleet, your own station.  Damn impressive, yeh? 

:: Liani stand and stretches, long limbs reaching to the ceiling before settling back into her seat, another sip of the water. Lips puckering slightly at the taste of the lemon. ::

Liani:  Of course, I’m assuming you remember me as well as I remember you- do you remember me Renos?  :: Pale eyes look into the scree, a hand grazes her jaw. :: I’m generally considered pretty striking- or maybe it’s just  willful.  :: a small smile:: I hope you remember me, you owe me for one slightly broken heart.  ::  a small sip of the water. :: Ah, the date you remember, with everything you’ve had to deal with it might have slipped your mind?   :: She taps her head lightly. :: I remember though, and if I wait another year they’ll have made you an Admiral, or something even bigger, a governor maybe?  :: A pause, a sip. :: The point is, it would be very hard to press an Admiral or a Governor to keep their promise of a date. 

:: Liani moves her face closer to the recording screen. ::

Liani:  Truth, it’s silly even now, but I would like to see you again Fleet Captain Renos, I would like to talk, maybe share a meal, a dance, get to know you.  I hope you feel the same.  You can reach me anytime, generally.  I’m not always, as the news reports say, off murdering tribbles.

:: Liani sits up.  ::

Liani:  Anyway, best of luck!  Liani out.  :: A small salute:: Computer, send.

:: As the screen flashed blank and the transmission went its merry way, Liani considered her empty glass while Charlie contemplates her from his nest.::

Charlie : Ch’rr?

Liani: Why does that matter?

Charlie : CHhrrr-k

:: Liani’s face remained calm even as her cheeks turned a deeper blue. ::

Liani:  I'm sure Renos can handle seeing a bit of skin, we’re both doctors.

- END-

--
@~'~~~
Dr. Liani h'Rhendria lyr'Theel'zhiin, Lt. JG
Medical Officer
Starbase 118 Operation/ USS Columbia

http://wiki.starbase118.net/wiki/index.php/Liani
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.