• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Overheard in the Shoals: Veritas Notable Quotables

Kelrod: I know exactly what you mean. :: he allowed himself a wry smile ::

Thompson: :: arching an eyebrow and moving his upper lip revealing one of his fangs in what could be considered a smile ::

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@Skyfire:

Carter was on time, as far as he knew. He glanced through the window of the room to notice that the captain had beaten him here, which meant he was late.

Bright lad, that Carter.

::Captain Oskari Virtanen held steady at the helm of his ship, a modest vessel named the Marketta, after his ex-wife. He'd named her before the divorce, and frankly, Oskari figured since he loved his ship more than her namesake, why should she be forced to change her name?::

This line. Just this line. I don't need to read any further. XD

• Like 4

Walker: We are going to need to acquire a lot of pizza, without trying the place first. :: Chuckling:: Seriously. Ok.. fine.. I'll explain.  Once I get whatever updates from Commander Bake, we'll need to talk through the situation we are in.  And brainstorming requires pizza.. preferably really good pizza...

Too much thinking/simming about food!? :D:D:D:D

• Like 2
On 12/5/2016 at 11:02 PM, Roshanara Rahman said:

@Skyfire:

Bright lad, that Carter.

You know that sensation you get when you walk in late to class and the professor's there before you? You're late. If you get there before the professor, you're early. Funny things I learned in college.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blake: Either we discuss what happened in your ready room, or I duct tape you to that centre chair and we hold the briefing here.

Rahman: :-|

Blake: :-|

Best line and response eva...

• Like 2

::But despite asking to begin with, heads turned as if she'd just pointed a phaser at their captain. Out of all of them, Walker seemed to be the only one even vaguely amused by what was occurring, the rest apparently ready to tackle Blake to the group for 'mouthing off'. 

I was almost ready to start taking bets...

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Rune Jolara said:

I was almost ready to start taking bets...

Only almost?

• Like 1

From Moonsong:

Rahman: =/\= Rahman to Veritas. =/\=

::Apparently the Captain had been found. Still a bell around her neck could be useful. A nice silver one perhaps.::

She should! At least present it as a belated birthday present. :P

:: In the end, Evan had opted to wear the uniform Mei’konda had replicated for him. It fit more snugly than Evan remembered, though he was relatively certain that the discomfort he felt was psychological. He’d spent the better part of his adult life in a uniform. Why should it suddenly seem so ill-fitting? ::

That's how I felt after the holidays...

@Skyfire

Greyson: And there's also the matter of the refractory fields. I couldn't maintain transporter locks on anyone and communications went dead until we had a shuttle down there. It was disrupting visuals as well, and everything came back as a burst of static.

Walker: Yeah, that wasn’t a normal jammer, I know I’ve never seen anything like...

:: Both the captain and chief engineer shared the same goofy derp smirk for a moment. Carter couldn't help but wonder if they adopted that habit from being friends for so long.::

RahmanDerp.jpgLunaDerp.jpg

Poor Greyson...

VeritasDerp.jpg

• Like 3

Rahman: Everyone else, you'll stay on the ship. ::looks to the other two engineers:: Commander Walker, Ensign T'Dara, run your scans for the jamming signal.

:: "Run your scans".  The order didn't say NOT to use the transporters as she'd suggested... And as long as she didn't actually ask.. it wasn't disobeying..  She nodded and smiled, trying to keep the evil glee off her face.  ::

Walker: Of course Captain, we'll get right on it.

I knew there was a reason I liked Walker. ;)

Walker: What?  I'm positive that's what Chief's are supposed to do.. help their assistants learn the ropes.  And how better to learn than to do.. all the paperwork.  Oh, and remember to watch for work from Danni.. she's kind of slippery that way. 

<_<

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2017 at 3:04 PM, Roshanara Rahman said:

@Kelrod is a "glass half full" kind of guy:

You put your bets on it. He'd been through so many things that he'll always try to look on the brighter side. Maybe he'll become the moreale officer too :D:D:D

::She looked over to her first officer.::

Rahman: I guess we can keep him

I read this and it seemed to me that Rosh was being a reluctant parent giving consent for her JO's to adopt him like a stray kitty.

• Like 1

@Evan Delano:

:: There was a momentary calm between them and Evan found himself straightening his posture. ::

Rahman: Just focus on your job, and I think a path will reveal itself. Whether that’s back to Starfleet or to something else… well, only God or whomever you wish to attribute your fate knows.

Delano: I’ll… try not to disappoint you.

Heh, Evan knows which higher power he really needs to worry about... Her Majesty will be pleased.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Moonsong: If someone is looking for me, you know how to find me. If they want the Counselor, they can make an appointment for the day after. If they want to be social and friendly, they can find me wandering about on Esperance taking in the local flavor and shopping. Understood?

Payne: ::a slight impish smile touched her face.:: Yesss, ma’am. And the flower.. :;gesturing the the prankquest symbol in her hair.::

Moonsong: Only if they catch me...

Sounds like a challenge to me.... B)

• Like 1

Zhou: So... were you thinking metal or fuzzy?

Brilliant. If it goes any heavier, I'm going to have to ask you to please consider a fade to black.

• Like 2
Rahman: So just what were you looking for in that bar last night?

Desan: I had intended for Carter and I to find some female companionship for the evening, sir. I...it's been awhile.

Rahman: Well, now you've found some.

trip tucker sassy.gif

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Rahman: Damn it!

::Roshanara winced as she picked up her bare right foot, rubbing her little toe that she'd stubbed on a crate she'd kept planning to unpack since she moved in yet remained on the deck where she put it three months ago.::

😎😎😎

• Like 1