• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

News & Updates on "Star Trek: Discovery"

Jordan aka FltAdmlWolf

A big thread to pull all this stuff together :)

Series delayed to May, 2017: https://www.cnet.com/news/star-trek-discovery-delayed-until-may/

• 2 months later...

Some more details from www.ew.com

First up: Actor Doug Jones (Hellboy, Falling Skies) will play Lt. Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer and a new alien species to the Star Trekuniverse.

Second, Anthony Rapp (Rent, Road Trip) will star as Lt. Stamets, an “astromycologist,” fungus expert, and Starfleet Science Officer aboard the Starship Discovery. Lt. Stamets is the new gay character; previously, Trek icon Lt. Sulu was revealed to be gay in this year’s movie Star Trek Beyond. That was considered a controversial move, however, because it came so late in Sulu’s history, which extends back to the franchise’s original series.

• Like 1

I'm probably being overly-picky, but when I read this was set about ten years before ST:TOS, I thought "Cool". Then I saw they're bringing in a completely new race my excitement took a bit of a hit. Why do we need a new species in this series? They'll need to be explained away seeing as they've never appeared in any other ST.......

Picky, picky, picky...... :D

• Like 2

They better be the normal ridged Klingons and not the horrible JJVERSE ones. 

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, Ayiana said:

They better be the normal ridged Klingons and not the horrible JJVERSE ones. 

You mean you don't want the originals? Men and women with dodgy haircuts and smeared with gravy browning.....? :D

TOS-day_of_the_dove_klingons.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a little late for saying they don't want it rushed, given that they started production in 2016 then set a premiere date for January 2017.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We've got more cast to have joined. However, my personal favorite part of the announcement:

Rehka Sharma as security officer.

I've kept going on about how my main wish for this series was a female security officer and now I got one. Now me as a happy camper will wait patiently for the show jigglinG ON MY CHAIR BECAUSE FEMALE SECURITY OFFICER GUYS FINALLY!

::cough:: Excuse my excitement.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the production values look pretty incredible, I'll give them that. I couldn't glean anything coherent about the story, though. 

• Like 2

I almost screamed with joy- the production values are next level. As for the story, I'd quite like to remain in the dark for the time being so I can be thrilled when we finally get to watch it. Sonequa Martin-Green looks great as Lt. Commander Burnham.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-discovery-sets-premiere-date

U.S. Schedule

Star Trek: Discovery will launch in the U.S. on Sunday, September 24 with a broadcast premiere that night on the CBS Television Network airing at 8:30-9:30 PM, ET/PT (time approximate following NFL Football and 60 Minutes). The series premiere will also be available on-demand on CBS All Access and the second episode of the series will be available on the service that same night immediately following the broadcast premiere.

After premiere night, all new episodes will be available on-demand weekly on Sundays exclusively for CBS All Access subscribers in the U.S. The 15-episode season will be released in two chapters. The first eight episodes will run from Sunday, Sept. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 5. The season will then resume with the second chapter debuting in January 2018.

Canada Schedule

Space Channel will launch the first two episodes of Star Trek: Discovery on Sunday, September 24 at 8:30 PM ET. The first eight episodes will run from Sunday, September 24 through Sunday, November 5. The season will then resume with the second chapter in January 2018. Every episode will also be available to Space subscribers on the newly launched Space GO app, in addition to being available on Space.ca and participating On Demand channels. Star Trek: Discovery will also stream exclusively in Canada on CraveTV, with full scheduling details to be released in the coming weeks.

Rest of the World Schedule

Netflix will launch Star Trek: Discovery on Monday, September 25 to countries outside of the U.S. and Canada. The first eight episodes will run from Monday, September 25 through Monday, November 6 with the second chapter in January 2018.

• Like 2

I don't have tv service so I guess I won't be watching it any time soon.

That's cool.

5 hours ago, Ayiana said:

I don't have tv service so I guess I won't be watching it any time soon.

That's cool.

You can watch on the CBS on-demand app. 

• Like 1