• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tyrlon

Enlisted/Warrant officers

Tyrlon    6

Didn't see a thread relating to starting characters, with this subject, so I was curious about it.

I'm aware most you (besides NPCs) are all officers who went through the usual Academy process. But, do you have an option for someone that may be prior-enlisted, or who's enlisted or might seek a warrant or commission that way?

Reason I'm asking is that your rank chart has enlisted/NCO's and Warrants. Nothing wrong with being an Ensign (if one graduates.), but I was thinking of my own character being enlisted years beforehand, and then choosing to attend the academy, in his backstory.

Not attempting to be over-experienced, it's just a thought, given some long-lived species. Take Tuvok, joining Starfleet in the 23rd century, leaving, and then re-joining in the 24th for instance. I'll be young, relative to an El-Aurian, but older then a Human for instance (50-odd years old). So something similar wouldn't be unexplained. But if it's too complicated then that's all fine. I'll go the typical route, since simple is good.

Back to the overall subject though, maybe someday someone new will just want to start out as a Crewman eh? That may not be the most exciting or interactive experience I realise since most seem to focus on the senior officers, but not everyone is keen to be the Captain. (Well, only if we can be like Scotty and Spock with the rank, but not the position, heh.) 

FltAdml. Wolf    2,252

We've had members who've played as enlisted in the past, although I don't believe we have any in the fleet currently. 

But yes, if you wanted your character have been only enlisted previously and then go through the Academy, it's certainly something you can put in your bio. 

Roshanara Rahman    2,022
30 minutes ago, Tyrlon said:

Back to the overall subject though, maybe someday someone new will just want to start out as a Crewman eh? That may not be the most exciting or interactive experience I realise since most seem to focus on the senior officers, but not everyone is keen to be the Captain. (Well, only if we can be like Scotty and Spock with the rank, but not the position, heh.) 

All new members go through our training academy to learn how to play and write posts, but once you graduate, you can choose an enlisted rank (even crewman) and write in your character's bio to say he or she didn't actually attend the full four-year Starfleet Academy officer training program. If you choose for your character to be enlisted, a warrant officer, or even a civilian with no in character rank, you the writer will still maintain an out of character rank to go with your membership that starts at ensign and goes up along the line officer to flag officer ranks hierarchy.

Valdivan    6

I am happy to start my simming journey as a Crewman. I believe it will bring something different to the dimensions of the community.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.