• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HallbjornBaldursson

Question about a playable species

Apologies in advance if this isn't the correct area to post this. I applied to join a few days ago, and have training scheduled on Monday I believe. A few minutes ago I was browsing through the Lifeforms Index, to see if there was any species that'd be fun to play and I spotted the Xindi, after having a laugh picturing an Aquatic trying to go through a Jeffries tube, I started reading up on them and the Xindi-Avians caught my eye. However the Cadets area of the main website states that abilities such as flying aren't allowed, but the ILI  (correct term) has them under allowed. Is this just a mixup or are they actually allowed? As that'd be a very interesting, albeit difficult, choice.

Thanks.

• Like 1

The problem with the Avians is the following:

Source: Xindi-Avian

The Xindi-Avian species was an extinct member of the Xindi race, wiped out during a series of civil wars which was fought between the six Xindi species and which destroyed their homeworld, sometime in the 2030s. As far as known, none of the Avians fled before their homeworld was destroyed.

You can't play an extinct species (correct me if I am wrong), but they have other choices:

1 minute ago, RaWolf said:

The problem with the Avians is the following:

Source: Xindi-Avian

You can't play an extinct species (correct me if I am wrong), but they have other choices:

Further down the wiki page it says they were later found to have escaped their home world and established an off world colony. I was pretty surprised at that bit. 

That was added by one of our committees and unfortunately does not reflect any canon that we recognize. 

The Xindi-Avian species should be marked as "Forbidden" and the information about them not being extinct should be removed. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 1