• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Most Awesome Space Battles: TOS/Movies

Brell

Most Awesome Space Battles: TOS/Movies  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Most Awesome Space Battles: TOS/Movies

• USS Enterprise vs USS Reliant in the Mutara Nebula - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
    • The Planet Killer vs USS Enterprise - TOS “The Doomsday Machine”
    • Enterprise-A & USS Excelsior vs Chang’s Prototype Bird of Prey - Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • USS Enterprise vs Romulan Ship - TOS "Balance of Terror"
    • A different Battle? Tell us below in the comments!

This week we are excited to bring you the first question in a new ongoing series from our General Trek category! Most Awesome Space Battles by series! We are starting things off properly with The Original Series along with Movies 1 through 6.  

Did you find the Enterprise’s battle against the Planet Killer to be it’s most epic? Or did you feel nothing could beat Khan and Kirk facing off in the Mutara nebula in Star Trek II? How about the enigmatic battle with the Romulan ship? Or was it the battle with Chang’s Bird of Prey that could fire when cloaked where the Enterprise-A was joined by the USS Excelsior, that is your favorite? Was there another you found to be even better? Choose your favorite awesome space battle of the Kirk era and discuss below!

There are four more parts to this series coming soon. So keep an eye out for our next; Most Awesome Space Battle poll!

For me this was a no-brainer.

I love, love, LOVE that moment in Wrath of Khan in the nebula where Khan is sitting on a damaged bridge, fingers steepled, looking for the Enterprise and all of a sudden it cuts to the exterior; the music swells and the Enterprise rises up behind the Reliant.  It gets me cheering every.  single.  time.

It's one of my most favorite moments in all of Trek.  <3

• Like 3

Easily Wrath of Khan. Admittedly it's a riff on every submarine battle ever, but that's exactly what they were aiming for and that's what they achieved! The whole thing is well-crafted and tense.

Edited by Hutch

Elaan of Troyius

The music, Kirk getting down and micro managing the ships movements. The best. Short. But it was great.

A full spread of torpedoes!!!!

13 hours ago, Sal Taybrim said:

For me this was a no-brainer.

I love, love, LOVE that moment in Wrath of Khan in the nebula where Khan is sitting on a damaged bridge, fingers steepled, looking for the Enterprise and all of a sudden it cuts to the exterior; the music swells and the Enterprise rises up behind the Reliant.  It gets me cheering every.  single.  time.

It's one of my most favorite moments in all of Trek.  <3

1279875198_khan-finds-waldo.gif

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 3

I'm very much on board the Wrath of Khan train for this one.  ::Smiles.::

The atmosphere, the music, the flow, the models, and the effects.  Pretty much every element came together in the best way possible!  It remains one of my favorite battles in all of Star Trek.  (And I'm not saying that just because I was ON a submarine for three years.  ::Smiles.:: )

There are MANY good ones out there that I love to watch, but this one always manages to keep the top spot.