• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Video/Software Games

I was wondering how many people play the Star Trek video games? I only have one -- Starship Creator -- which I thought was pretty bad.

Who has other games? Are they any good?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own Birth of the Federation, a great game, Starfleet Command I and II, both very good, and Star Trek: Borg, which is ok, but is made better by the fact that it stars John de Lancie. :)

Starfleet Command I, II, Orion Pirates, and III... all kick [...].

Bridge Commander... pretty good.

Elite Force 1 and 2... kick [...].

Armada 1 and 2... pretty good.

DS9: The Fallen... I love it.

DS9: Dominion Wars.... pretty good.

I have Starship Creator, and Admiral...you're not the only one who thought it was bad.

I also have:

ST: Judgement Rites (TOS) - lost interest (older game)

ST: Starfleet Command - didn't really like the controls

ST: Starfleet Academy - wasn't bad, could've been better

ST: Armada (I and II) - haven't played yet

ST: Elite Force - awesome game

i've got:

starfleet command III: pretty good

startrek armada I and II: I = good, II = havn't played yet

startrek bridge commander: from what i've played pretty good

and i've played birth of the federation, i think it a brilliant game

I've got/played:

Starfleet Command I, II, and III (I like 3 the best, but they could still do better. Nice mods)

Armada I and II (Both are awesome with some cool mods)

Elite Force I (Would have been nice if it worked on my computer better)

Bridge Commander (Pretty cool)

Invasion (Playstation game. Also pretty cool. Neat fighters)

Klingon (Meh)

Borg (Nice game)

I don't know the title, but there was an old TOS PC game that took you through several episode like levels. Never could beat it. Final battle always got me. Good game.

I've played all the versions of Starship Creator. Kinda interesting in the construction phase... the first time. After that, pretty boring.

Falcon, was it a game where you like took the TOS crew on away missions where you had to solve mysteries, resolve problems, etc, then fight like a clone of the enterprise? If it is, it was a game made for the 25th anniversary

I own:

PC:

Star Trek Armada II

Star Trek Starfleet Command III

Star Trek Away Team

Super Nintendo:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Gameboy:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary

Back when I had my Commodore I had:

Star Trek: The Kobyashi Alternative

Star Trek: The Promethean Prophecy

Star Trek: The Rebel Universe

Anybody else have or have played any of these classic games?

• 2 weeks later...
I own:

PC:

Star Trek Armada II

Star Trek Starfleet Command III

Star Trek Away Team

Super Nintendo:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Crossroads of Time

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator

Gameboy:

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary

Back when I had my Commodore I had:

Star Trek: The Kobyashi Alternative

Star Trek: The Promethean Prophecy

Star Trek: The Rebel Universe

Anybody else have or have played any of these classic games?

I've played Starfleet Command I, II, and III. All pretty good games.

Loved Starfleet Academy-played it until I got the best score possible. If you do EVERYTHING exactly right, Kirk gives you temporary command of the Enterprise-A and you get to take her to meet the new species you've been researching. As you're arriving on the Enterprise, Kirk says "Have her back before midnight, and don't scratch the paint!" :)

Played TNG for Super Nintendo. Decent.

I also played the 25th Anniversary games and Judgment Rites. All very fun and great nostalgia for TOS fans.

Has anyone played / seen the new Star Trek game for the Playstation 2? The name escapes me, but I know it deals with the alternate universe thingy where the Federation are the bad boys. Set in the Star Trek VI timeline..you get to be Sulu and command the Excelsior. Looks really good, but so did Starship Creator. :P

Shattered Universe? If it is then the game has been axed twice and brought back from the grave twice. Not out in the UK for some time. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I own:

- Armada 1 & 2,

-Starfleet Command II

-Starfleet Command Orion Pirates

-Star Trek: Invasion

I'm planning on getting the one for P/S 2 whenever I get a new job and get some money again.

I also had the old PC game where you were Kirk, Spock, McCoy and some poor security guy who almost always 9 out of 10 times died.

No Elite Force?

Invasion was good aside from the mission when you had to fly insdie the Borg cube. I did more than scratch the fighters paint. :(

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I deleted my previous post after playing Shattered Universe for..ohh..a few hours. I was thinking to myself "There has to be more to it then flying around and shooting stuff..probably in the next mission". Well, no. There isn't. Essentially, all the game consists of is you flying around in a fighter blowing things up, or collecting raw materials to "repair the Excelsior"? (What, Sulu has a mineral processing facility on board?)

The game is equally frustrating when you're 99% done with a mission, only to have Orion Pirates show up to ruin your day. The missions lack any sort of imagination or variety in them. You'll either be:

1) Defending the Excelsior from attack

2) Destroying enemy fighters (I shot down 50 of them in 1 mission, and the game seemed to think that's normal)..

3) Destroying enemy starships AND fighters

4) Getting "raw materials".

I'm about 8 missions into the game and I'm already sick of it. The endless waves of fighters and boring storyline make me want to go play Starfleet Academy again.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

The most notable of these you would know of would probably be "Sims Online," or "Ultima Online."

I too would be skeptical of a Trek MMORPG. I think it would be neat, yes -- but I fear that it would not be what any of us would enjoy. I might be wrong though. ::Shrugs::

I do know that I tried Uru, which is another part of the Myst series, and I didn't like it at all. They released it before they were ready, and the online version is absolutely terrible. The offline, single-player version is okay though. I guess it's hit-or-miss with these type of things.

Mostly miss for the recent ones that have come out. Some future releases look promising, but MMORPG game developers are worse than used car salesman. They promise everything you'd ever want on their website and discussion boards and then when you "drive off the lot" you realize that it was all smoke and mirrors.

• 1 month later...

hee hee hee hee

ultima online rules..it is such a cool game...i have a mage a miner and a thief hee hee and i i have found an online shard which is difficult to gain the skills in so i am proud to say i have nearly GM'ed in several fields

anyways back to star trek

i have armada 1 and 2

birth of the federation

klingon honer guard

25th anniversary edition game

dominion wars(although it runs rather [...]ly with XP and keeps glitching for some reason)

elite force with expansion pack

i want to get bridge commander but i have no money yet..( i have been going to many concerts and buying silly little things for my gf)

oh and star trek generations

thats it i think

kk...ye.. :unsure:

• 3 months later...