• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

LCDR Kaitlyn Falcon (And Flashback JP with Yillara Khante) - Time to Play

Trellis Vondaryan

(( Brig; F.M.S. Krayvet ))

Falcon: Worst case, yeah, they’ll know we’re up to something and come stop us. I’m banking on them wanting to keep at least one person in here alive.  If they come into get her, that’s our opening.

Trel’lis: With my prior Security and Tactical training, I can be useful on all fronts.

Taelon: That’s good, at least… ::glances at the Diva and her manager:: 

Trel’lis: It’s not difficult to locate hidden panels, when you know *what* you’re looking for, tactile-wise.

::Taelon started heading toward the forcefield, with Trel’lis looking on.  Her science and security experts were working the problem, giving Kaitlyn a moment to think.::

::That Orion woman.  Kaitlyn knew her.  It had not triggered immediately; due to the dark/bright contrast Kaitlyn could not see the details of her face.  Now that she had a chance to let her mind work on it a bit, however, the connections were made.::

::And if she really was who Kaitlyn though she was, then Theo was in a lot of trouble…::

(( Flashback – Seven Years Ago; Abandoned Factory; Oliph VII ))

::A sharp crack and flash of pain heralded Kaitlyn Falcon’s return to consciousness.::

::The sequence of events which had brought her there came back to her in a flood.  An old partner, one of the Braxton brothers, had shot James a message.  He wanted to talk about a new opportunity to expand their operations into another sector.  The Braxtons had generally been straight-up folks, so James was happy to continue working with them.::

::The Braxtons were old friends.  The message had not given any of their distress code phrases, and the meeting location was public.  Safe enough.  Kaitlyn had offered to go, freeing up James to cover other obligations.::

::From the moment she arrived, something seemed… off…  When Kaitlyn met Ulfric Braxton’s eyes, there was an underlying warning to them.  It was pretty clear he was in some kind of trouble.  Concern for their old friend drove her onward.  Besides, if there was trouble, she had probably already been spotted.  She still managed to tap her emergency beacon to summon help.::

::That turned out to be a pretty good decision.  The beacon, rather, not so much continuing onward, because within three meters of Braxton all hell broke loose.::

::The doors burst in, individuals wearing heavy cloaks shoving their way inside.  They opened fire immediately, blasting holes in the ceiling as patrons dropped to the floor in a panic.  Unable to go back, Kaitlyn pushed forward.  If she could reach Ulfric, then maybe the two of them could break through the other side.::

::Only problem with that plan, not that she had known it at the time, was the additional cloaked figures pushing in the place’s back door.::

::Kaitlyn had only just grabbed hold of Ulfric’s arm, when the butt of a rifle came swinging into her temple, dazing her and knocking her to a knee.  Hands landed on her shoulders, holding her down.::

::All she could do was struggle and watch as one of the attackers ran a knife across Ulfric’s neck…  Another blow to her head, and the world went dark.::

::Another loud crack and another sharp flash of pain brought Kaitlyn fully back into the moment.  She was bound; her wrists wrapped with leather straps to poles on either side of her.  Her feet, too, were tied down, preventing her from kicking out.  She held upright in the center of the room which made up her ‘accommodations’.  All around her was metal and rust; something old and industrial.::

Orion Male: Wake up!

::Ah, him again.  The Orion who had ‘greeted’ her once she had first woken up.  Never gave his name, but undoubtedly Syndicate.  Whoever this guy was, he had been the one in charge of softening her up.  Or bloodying her up.  Kaitlyn was still trying to figure out their main goals.  For the moment, keeping her awake seemed to be the main one.::

::Their primary tool was that whip.  Her arms and back screamed in protest long after he had finished each… session.::

::Much as she preferred ignoring him, she knew she would need her arms at some point.  She had no intention of remaining there forever.::

::With as much anger as her eyes could project, Kaitlyn slowly pulled herself up from her unconscious slouched position.  The poles on her sides were too big for her to break.  The straps did not seem like much, but she had seen such things reinforced with external fields.::

::The Orion stood menacingly, towering over her.  Of course, that was all the brutes were really good for.::

Orion Male: You’re lucky the bosses have something special in mind for you.

Falcon: oO That’s right.  Tell me what you’re up to. Oo  ::Sarcastically.::  Oh, I’m sure the Braxtons will be plenty happy with you.  Ulfric wasn’t the favored baby brother, or anything.

Orion Male: ::Dark chuckle.::  Oh, the Braxtons will get theirs.  ::Shakes head.::  No, you Nova-folks have been a thorn in our sides long enough.  We’re gonna pull you out.  ::Leans in.::  Permanently.

::So.  Good news; these guys did not know about the family.  Nothing would reach back to the ‘Fleet folks.  Bad news; they were gunning for James and Nichole, too.  Explained why they let her hit her emergency beacon.  They wanted all three of them.::

::Still, this guy had presented himself as a perfect target.  Why pass it up?::

::Kaitlyn quickly pooled up a ball of saliva and spit it straight into the Orion’s ugly green nose.  He recoiled, yelling angrily as he swung the whip around to bite into her arm again.::

::Ow.::

::Worth it.::

Khante: ::She strode in, with a lean catlike grace, her voice was biting and sharp:: Did you even listen to what I said when I left?  What were my orders about touching the prisoners after they woke?!

::A woman shouted from the doorway, angry eyes focused on the male.  He shrunk back a bit at the sound.::

::Someone with enough force to make THIS guy back down?  Interesting…::

Orion Male: To… not to.

Khante: ::Sweetly, cajoling:: But some poor moron forgot about that.

::She strode up to the male, taking his chin in her hand for a moment before harshly slapping him across the face.  A pause and a moment later she pressed a finger into a pressure point behind the ear and pulled the lobe down in a gesture that had him whimpering in pain.  

Yillara smiled sweetly, drinking in the agony.::

Khante: ::Her voice turned harsh, barking orders to the now-cowering males.::  Out.  Get the recording gear set up.  ::Evil smile to Kaitlyn.::  We wouldn’t want her brother to miss out of the fun, would we?

::So…  THAT was the plan…  Mess her up enough, send the footage to James, and make him attack them stupid.  Kaitlyn hoped he would not be that dumb… but she now had her own objective.::

::The male departed, door shutting behind him… but not quite fast enough to hide something VERY interesting.::

::A device on his belt.  Communicator, perhaps, but that was not the interesting part.  What WAS interesting was the fact its lights were dark on the near side of the doorway, and lit up after he passed through.::

::Energy dampening field…  They had her in an energy dampening field…::

::She could work with that.::

::Of course, all those revelations were kept from her features.::

::The woman looked over the injuries on Kaitlyn’s arms and back, seeming to admire the handiwork.::

Khante: Say what you will about males, they follow SOME instructions well.  ::Smirks, her voice turned coaxing, almost seductive.::  I’d say your arms have had enough attention.  I can’t have as much fun as I’d like to… yet…  What’s say we give that back of yours some more attention, hmm?

Falcon: If it’s FUN you’re after, why not just cut me loose.  ::She flexed her hands into fists.::  Or are you afraid you’d lose?

Khante: ::With an offish flick of her hand as she stroked the whip on the table.:: Fear and pride are downfalls of males.  ::Turning her dark eyes towards Kaitlyn:: I prefer not to tempt fate.  I enjoy you right where you are.

Falcon: Justify it however you want.  Coward.

::Walking up, she let the barbed whip dance across Falcon's back, giving a little moan of pleasure as she watched the cuts well up with blood.  As she walked around she dipped a finger in blood and dragged it across her prisoner's cheek in a mockery of seduction.::

Khante: I find fun in the patterns your blood makes as it runs down your back.  I find artistry in the cuts I will make across your cheekbones and the way the flesh can be peeled back.  ::Looking closely at Kaitlyn:: Too bad you're not prettier.  I just love mutilating a pretty face.

Falcon: Why?

::Kaitlyn gave a smirk; the kind which suggested SHE was the one in control.  She just needed some time alone to figure out the first part of the plan.  Once she was out that door, out of the dampening field, she could do something.  If she could frustrate this woman enough to make her leave…::

Falcon: Is someone jealous?

Khante:  ::That riled her up, and she swore hotly in the Orion tongue, casting the whip across Kaitlyn's chest::  You and your Terran pride!  Your hot-tongued lies!  I will mutilate you, not because of your inherent beauty, but because it will make your brother weep!  ::She hissed::

::The strike did make Kaitlyn shift back, momentarily, but the remains of her jacket managed to take most of the blow.  Either the woman was a half-step shy of full-blown crazy, or Kaitlyn’s words were having something of an effect.::

::Or both…::

Falcon: Then you don’t know my brother.  ::She leaned against her restraints, bringing whatever menace she could in her position.::  He’s got an itchy trigger finger, and your face is the perfect target to scratch it.

(( End Flashback ))

::A click from the far side of the room brought Kaitlyn’s attention back to the present.::  

Taelon: Sirs - ::looks to Trel’lis and Falcon:: I might have something, but I can’t reach it to see. Can you tell what it is? ::wipes his bloodied hand on his uniform as he realized the issue:: I c-can lift you or one of you can lift me. Whatever works.

::Kaitlyn pushed against the wall, and found that her legs were finally ready to carry her.  She started moving across the bridge, giving her temple a test touch; not nearly as bad as before.  Before she could reply to Taelon, Shadonna spoke up.::

Shadonna: ::eyes snap toward Taelon, stands quickly:: I'll do it.

Trel’lis: That’s quite alright. We can –

Shadonna: ::reddens slightly, clears her throat:: N-no, please, I want to help. ::takes a deep breath:: Please...I'd like to help. I wasn't injured when the shuttle was attacked and...besides ::holds up her hands, fans her twenty four fingers with a small smile:: I'm pretty dexterous...

Taelon: Okay. Be careful - whatever it is, it’s sharp. It feels like a panel that’s rusted through.

Hobbs: ::His shoulders loosened, and he admitted a small smile.:: I suppose so..

Shadonna: ::turns to Hobbs, she patted his shoulder in awkward affection:: I'll be extra careful. ::quietly:: I want to do this...if I can help...I should...right?

Trel’lis: Thank you Lady Shadonna. This is much appreciated.

::It was certainly unexpected.  Not really the image Kaitlyn had about the woman on hearing her through the [...]pit door.  If she wanted to help…::

Falcon: If you’re sure…

Shadonna: ::a deep breath, straightens, walks towards Taelon, nodding slightly:: I'm ready.

Trel’lis: ::softly:: Something’s ‘changed her. And that a good thing.

::Kaitlyn looked over to Trel’lis, giving a small nod.  At least, Kaitlyn HOPED this was a good thing…::

Trel’lis: ::to Falcon:: As soon as he’s successful, prepare for rather sudden *guests*, or should I say *thugs*?

Falcon: ::Nods.::  Probably.  I doubt they’ll WANT us to escape, after all.

Trel’lis: If need be we use the element of surprise, appearing helpless then pouncing when the right time presents itself.

::As hopeful a thought as that might be, Kaitlyn shook her head.::

Falcon: I’m pretty sure that breaking ourselves out will kill any chances of us looking helpless.  Hell, I’m surprised they haven’t come in here, already.

::In fact…  Why had they NOT come charging in?  Was it possible they had no internal cameras to the brig?::

::Wishful thinking…  NOT something they should be relying on.::

Trel’lis: My security/tactical training has me prepared for close-quarters combat, with a bit of martial arts thrown in.

::Fair enough, though there was something Trel’lis would lack in a fight, or rather something that would hold her back.::

::Starfleet Officers were trained to fight, trained to defend themselves, but they were not trained to kill.::

::In this situation, they would be given no mercy, no quarter.  They had to do the same.::

::Of everyone there…  Kaitlyn was pretty sure SHE was the only one who had dealt with the kind of fighting they were likely to encounter.  Not that she particularly WANTED to kill anyone, at that particular moment, but if the need arose…::

Falcon: True.  That’s why I want you to stay with Shadonna and Hobbs.  You’re their last line of defense.  Zinna, back her up however you can.

Taelon: I don’t have any real hand-to-hand training. ::His tone was a bit sheepish.:: I’ll try to stay with the Lady and Mister Hobbs.

::Kaitlyn looked to him, giving a nod.::

Falcon: That should work for the moment.  I might have more for you, thought.

Hobbs: What if they walk in on us?

Falcon: Then I’ll make sure they don’t get a chance to do anything about it.

::It was said with a strong degree of harsh certainty.::

Hobbs: I guess you’re right. ::He looked back to Shadonna.:: Are you ok up there?

::Hobbs moved closer to Taelon..::

Hobbs: Do you think this will work?

Taelon: Honestly, I don’t know. I hope so. 

::A piece of metal fell away from the wall as the diva got the panel open. Taelon adjusted his grip and looked up.  Kaitlyn watched, checking if he needed any extra hands nearby.::

Taelon: W-

::Kaitlyn could hear the crackle of energy, passing through Shadonna and Taelon in an instant.  She rushed over to Taelon as Hobbs checked on Shadonna, but Taelon was back up in an instant.::

Hobbs: Lady Shadonna! Talk to me!

Taelon: ::Pressing his fingers to Shadonna’s neck.:: Sorry, sorry - please be alright - where did it hit you? What did you touch?

Shadonna: ?

Taelon: Thank the goddesses. I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how degraded the emitter might be –

::Taelon looked over his shoulder, Kaitlyn following his gaze to see the door to the hallway open.  There was no sound from the hallway… which concerned Kaitlyn greatly.::

::Yep…  They knew that their captives were up to.  And rather than try to stop them, they were looking to play…::

::They should have known better what happened when Kaitlyn got out to play.::

Taelon: What do we do now, sir? ::He looked to Falcon.:: How do we get the Commander back?

::Well, the door was open.  She had her opening.::

::Kaitlyn’s stance was stronger than it had been for a good while, her fires relit.  Her objectives were clear; get the civilians clear, find Theo, escape.  Her eyes immediately shot to the others.  The Kaitlyn they saw was… unfamiliar.  She was neither the diplomatic Kaitlyn who showed up when needed, nor was she the standard snarky pilot.::

Falcon: Trel’lis, Zinna, you’re with the civilians.  Keep them protected as best as you can.  Taelon, stick near them, but if you spot a console see what you can pull from it.  Escape routes, FO’s location, some way to disable this fleatrap, anything.  Plan to get the Commander back will depend on what information we can get.

Falcon: I’ll take point.  Trel’lis; if I fall, you’re in charge.  Don’t wait for me.  Get yourselves out of here.  That’s an order.

::Her tone made it clear that there would be no questioning of that order.  If both she and Theo were lost, priority HAD to be given to the civilians.::

Falcon: Is everyone ready and able to move?  ::Her eyes softened ever so slightly as she looked to Taelon and Shadonna.::  You two okay?

::Kaitlyn nodded, looking between her fellow officers.::

Falcon: Grab weapons of opportunity as you can find them.  Watch doors and intersections.  ::Looking to Trel’lis.::  Anything additional?

::While Kaitlyn did have her own experience with this sort of thing, much of which she could not talk about, she was well accustomed to working with a team.  Trel’lis was her strongest backup when it came to the coming fight.::

Falcon: Then let’s move.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Lt Commander Kaitlyn Falcon
Chief Helm Officer
Starbase 118 / U.S.S. Albion
F237507RF0
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.