• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

The Most Shocking Trek Moment?

Brell

Which moment from Star Trek shocked you most?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which moment from Star Trek shocked you most?

• Betazed falls to the Dominion, and Sisko bends his ethics greatly throughout the episode to bring the Romulans into the war. - DS9 - “In the Pale Moonlight”
    • Picard is Assimilated and turned into Locutus of Borg - TNG - “The Best of Both Worlds”
    • Mirror Zefram Cochrane shoots the first Vulcan to land on Earth. - ENT “In a Mirror Darkly”
    • Data slaps an emergency transport device on Picard, then sacrifices himself to save the Enterprise-E - Star Trek: Nemesis
    • Another Moment - Tell us which one below.

We head back to General Trek category this and this week and to our ongoing Moments series. Many scenes throughout the history of the Star Trek movies and television show have touched, shocked or saddened viewers. In this series we ask which of these moments got to you the most? We will give you some of the scenes we found to be the most heart touching, tear-jerking, and most surprise jaw dropping and ask you to pick which one got to you the most.

There have been so many, but few that have truly caught us as off guard as some of these have. This week ask; What moment from all of Star Trek did you find the most shocking?

Did your jaw drop? Did you stare at the screen for a few moments blankly while the images and sounds you just witnessed sank in? Tell us in the comments below about what moment shocked you the most from Star Trek along what your reactions were.

Since Had heard that Spock (Nimoy) had wanted to leave the franchise, his death in Star Trek Two. (Wrath of Khan) , but the landing of the pod on the planet gave me hope

Edited by Eerie
  • Like 2

"In The Pale Moonlight" will always be a favorite for me ("It's a faaake!") but I have to throw a shout out to Yar's death in "Skin of Evil". I was still too young to understand character death as a means of contract dispute resolution, so this scene resonated with me for a long time due to its senselessness and discord. 

• Like 2

My jaw dropping moment was the arrival of the craw fish looking symbiants that were infecting key fleet members.   Riker phasered someone down to the skeleton but never was able stop the signal the alien sent.  

A touching moment was the story of the little boy that lost both parents to away mission accidents.  An alien tried to give him an illusion of his mother  and home to make him feel better because she felt responsible. 

Picard explained to the kid, the Alien that grief is a needed thing for humans to go through. It hurts but we adapt Wesley finally tells Picard how HE felt when the Captain delivered the news of his dad's death. In the end Worf bonded with the kid and adopted him into his House. At the time I lost a very close family member thus understanding the kid's pain. 

Voted for Picard assimilated. I clearly remember watching the episode, hanging on every moment of it.  I confess - when Riker ordered "Fire!" and the episode cut to "To be continued ..." - I actually screamed at my TV set!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 3:26 PM, Duncan MacPherson said:

Voted for Picard assimilated. I clearly remember watching the episode, hanging on every moment of it.  I confess - when Riker ordered "Fire!" and the episode cut to "To be continued ..." - I actually screamed at my TV set!

If I remember right, it was the cliff hanger to end the season, so everyone had to wait until next season to find out what happened....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hannibal Parker said:

If I remember right, it was the cliff hanger to end the season, so everyone had to wait until next season to find out what happened....

Yes. And the writer (Michael Piller?) had initially intended not to return for season 4. He was like "I've invented an inescapable situation, but its not my problem!" It turns out, he came back for the next season and had to come up with a conclusion to his impossible cliffhanger.

For me it was the death of Tasha Yar. The fact that that moment happened made me feel like watching the rest of the series (TNG, DS9, ENT, VOY) that just because they were a lead character didn't mean they were automatically safe. It was like engraved into my brain and I found myself often wondering if "this was the moment they pulled another Tasha". 

In the Pale Moonlight is always the answer for me.

• 2 weeks later...

For me it was the first time they actually destroyed the Enterprise. I sat in the theater feeling as if I'd gone down with the ship feeling every tree and boulder ripping through the bulkheads.