• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Saddest Trek Moment?

Brell

Saddest Trek Moment?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What moment in Star Trek did you did the Saddest?

• Jadzia’s Death at the hands of a pa’wraith empowered Dukat. - DS9 - “Tears of the Prophets”
    • The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. Spock’s Sacrifice to save the Enterprise. - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn
    • Data’s daughter Lal suffers a fatal error after exceeding her programing and experiencing emotion. - TNG - “The Offspring”
    • The duplicate Voyager crew dies one by one and their ship completely disintegrates along with all record of their accomplishments. - VOY - “Course oblivion”
    • Another moment? Tell us in the comments what moment had you choked up.

Many scenes throughout the history of the Star Trek movies and television shows have touched, shocked or saddened viewers. In this series we ask which of these moments got to you the most? We will give you some of the scenes we found to be the most heart touching, tear-jerking, and most surprise jaw dropping and ask you to pick which one got to you the most.

First up in this series of questions is which moment from all of Star Trek did you find the saddest. Did you shed a tear or feign allergies upon seeing any of these scenes on the small or big screen. Choose which moment below had you feeling sad, that just happened. Was your most tear jerking moment not listed let us know what It was in the comments.  

So tell us Which moment from Star Trek did you find the saddest?

This question is the first from our category General Trek, where we will pose questions about favorite scenes, characters, and starships. Many will be parts of on going themed series as this one was.

Edited by Lee2334
  • Like 2

I voted for the death of Lal, but I'd also say the 'death' of Tuvix when they split him back into Tuvok and Neelix.

I can't be the only one who liked Tuvix better!

Jadzia's death only filled me with rage.  I remember watching it at the time and knew the actress was leaving to go play a role on Becker, which was a far inferior show IMHO.

And, sadly, I was waaaay too young to feel the impact of Spock's death.  By the time I was old enough to watch Wrath of Khan I had already seen the much tamer Star Trek 4 - so I knew Spock lived!

• Like 2

The death of newborn Naomi Wildman in VOY - Deadlock. It was a touching scene for me, simply because at the time there was no time for the characters to grieve with all that was happening. Of course, alternate/duplicate Naomi Wildman was returned to the prime crew with Harry Kim, but it didn't lessen the impact of the scene for me.

• Like 2

I had to pick Lal's death, because of the scene right after.  When the Admiral comes out alone and describes just how hard Data fought for her life, who says Data had no emotion?

• Like 1

The first time I cried about something I saw on screen was on when Spock died, I think I was flabbergasted by what I saw.  

Years later I rewatched the scene with Data/Lal/the Admiral and had a very similar reaction.

• Like 1

Spock's death was the first time I shed tears for a character. Jadzia's just plain made me angry. Data's had the same impact as Spock's. All 3 were my favorite characters...

Then there was T'Pol and Tucker's "baby"... ugh

Nemesis was not generally a good movie for my liking, but I'll vote for Data's death, for the sense of permanency implied when Picard tells B4 about it and about Data.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Valdivia said:

Nemesis was not generally a good movie for my liking, but I'll vote for Data's death, for the sense of permanency implied when Picard tells B4 about it and about Data.

I was in shock and didn't believe he was gone until Picard began to talk to B4. I think it was probably the last character I thought would die.

• Like 1

I agree with the others about Jadzia's death. I was just angry.. even moreso when they brought in Ezri. it was very Doctor Who for me, only I didn't get a chance to really get to like Ezri.

Having said that, a particularly moving scene for me was when Picard was in the Nexus and watching his family that he wished he had, along with his nephew who had died.

I am still in denial about Data's death and refuse to acknowledge that scene as having existed in the Trek universe.

• Like 1

I too was mad after I found out about all the behind the scenes stuff with Terry Farrell wanting to do more comedic stuff, how she asked not to be killed off in case there were any DS9(or crossover) movies. Got killed off anyway, and leaving for Becker ... Becker of all shows ... ug. Oh and she didn't even stick out that shows run! Making her DS9's Denise Crosby, leaving and regretting it. Ezri was okay but was no Jadiza and didn't have enough time to really become a character we viewers could become invested in.

But I did choose her death as my saddest moment for one reason, I was very young for TNG(It starting when I was a toddler, but have stories of watching the premier while my aunt was babysitting, so trekkie since i was in diapers LOL) but for DS9 I was able to understand the concepts a bit better. I was two months from my fourteenth birthday when "Tears of the Prophets" aired and seeing Dax get murdered after watching her all those years and the impact her death had on all the characters of this character development heavy show made me actually cry.

Edited by Brell2334
  • Like 2

For me the death of Spock hit me really hard. I can't say I shed a tear, but I was surprised and saddened by it. I got hook on Star Trek by watching ST: TMP. When I saw that I started watching all the reruns and loved the characters. Spock's death was a blow. That is until I saw the Genesis Planet and saw everything being reborn and then of course there was the casket . . . I had a feeling I knew what was going to happen :)  

And it did! :)

• Like 1

For some reason, this tiny scene from the TNG episode 'Relics' destroyed me as a kid. Pretty much all the other stuff mentions did too...Star Trek yanked a lot of emotions out of me in elementary and middle school, apparently!

• Like 2