• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Nicholas Meyer Joins New Series as Writer-Producer

Robert Falcon

I found a link to this article earlier today.  Admittedly, I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-nicholas-meyer-joins-869985

On the one hand, I'm still feeling very pessimistic about new Star Trek material, and have yet to really get past my disappointment at the trailer for Reboot 3.  On the other...  Meyer has been responsible for some of the greatest moments in Star Trek.  Wrath of Khan is still my favorite of the movies, and I feel the Enterprise vs. Reliant battle is the greatest of the saga.

I'm still on the fence with this new series, but with this latest addition to the team...  Having the right person in the right place can make all the difference with a series.  Maybe Meyer will be able to breathe something meaningful into this new one?  I think that I can allow time to tell.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I'm more optimistic than I was when I heard about Into Darkness.

I'm really of the mind that if I stay cautiously pessimistic then one of three things will happen:

1. The movie will be awesome and blow my little mind

2. The movie will be OK, but because I was pessimistic I'll be pleasantly surprised

3. The movie will suck, but I was prepared for it.

Which seems like a win-win.  I still hope it will be good, but am still preparing for the worst