• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Bryan Fuller named showrunner of new Star Trek series

“Hannibal” creator Bryan Fuller has found his next mission: showrunner and co-creator of CBS’ new “Star Trek” series.

He’ll serve as executive producer alongside Alex Kurtzman on the reboot of the sci-fi classic, Variety has learned.

A longtime fan of science fiction, Fuller began his career writing for “Star Trek: Voyager” (1997-2001) and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” (1997).

“My very first experience of ‘Star Trek’ is my oldest brother turning off all the lights in the house and flying his model of a D7 Class Klingon Battle Cruiser through the darkened halls. Before seeing a frame of the television series, the ‘Star Trek’ universe lit my imagination on fire,” said Fuller. “It is without exaggeration a dream come true to be crafting a brand new iteration of ‘Star Trek’ with fellow franchise alum Alex Kurtzman and boldly going where no ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before.”

Read more at Variety

• Like 2

Well...

I've been one of the louder outspoken critics of these latest endeavors, so I'll chime in.  I looked over Bryan Fuller's credentials, the episodes he wrote or co-produced, and I saw a number of episodes that I had liked a lot.  While I cannot say this resolves my concerns about the new series, this piece of news serves as the first potentially good thing I have heard of it.

My opinion is still strongly guarded, but at this point I am willing to stand by for more information.

Anyone else have thoughts?

• Like 2