• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Selling A Dream

Tracey

Selling A Dream  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would make the best spokesperson?

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

A friend of mine has recently started up a company and has been trying her best to sell it to those she knows as well as strangers. She has found out, the hard way, that it is not easy to market a product or service unless one has inside help.

The universe of Star Trek also contains entrepreneurs and as such, selling to those who live in that universe must contain the same pitfalls that would fall onto entrepreneurs of our universe and time. So that brings us to this week's Poll of the Week question. If you had a business in the Star Trek universe, what Star Trek character would make for the best spokesperson for your product or service? You can choose amongst the list above, or you may add your own and please don't be afraid to comment below.

Edited by Tracey

Neelix - he's so enthusiastic about everything. Charming, and disarming. He probably could sell ice to Eskimos.

Quark could too, but he lacks the charm. If Quark sold you something duff, you'd be off to complain. If Neelix did it, you'd probably let him off.

There was (I'm not sure if it's still up) a video of Jonathan Frakes trying to sell something on YouTube. I don't remember what it was, but I remember how convincing he seemed. Quite disarming, and with the lady's man mode in full effect, I'm sure that many wouldn't be able to resist his charms. So I voted for Riker.

Neelix would probably be successful, but I'm sure that many would find him annoying after awhile.
Spock would find such a promotion excessively illogical, and probably refuse to take part in it.
Data would ramble on. And on. And on. And on. And on. Long after the sale had been made.
Uhura would be an excellent candidate ( I'd probably buy a lot from her) but somehow, she seems too classy to be that stereotypical, sleazy endorser. (Not to say all endorsers are sleazy.)
Seven of Nine would assimilate whatever she was charged with selling, increasing its market value tremendously, but lowering the demand on the unmodified product disastrously.

Uhura has always been an empowering figure in the Star Trek series, and as much as I love Spock and Data, I feel like they wouldn't be able to sympathize with their crowd! Uhura is very strong willed and kind towards other in all regards. She wouldn't take no for an answer, but she'd probably do it in a polite way lol

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Sorry for necro-ing a few months old poll, but at least it's this year. 

Well, Riker gave it an actual go. So maybe him? :P

Edited by Tyrlon
Apologising.
  • Like 1