• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Beyond

Tracey

Beyond  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the trailer?

2. 2. Will you go see Star Trek: Beyond?

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

If you have not already seen it, the trailer for the upcoming Star Trek film has been released and is readily available to watch on Youtube. For those who have seen it, there have been mixed reactions.

This week's Poll of the Week will be focused on the trailer for Star Trek: Beyond. What do you think of it? Will you see the movie when it comes out? From the little revealed, what are your concerns, if any, that you may have with it? As always, we here at Poll of the Week are eager to hear your thoughts on the matter and are interested in your votes. So vote away and comment below if you so desire.

Not impressed with the trailer.

Will see it anyways, if only to know how much someone mucked up the franchise I love.

Or I could be surprised. You never know.

• Like 3

The trailer looked pretty poor. Really generic action film and absolutely nothing to excite me.

I hope the film will be better than it looks, but I can't say I'll see it at the cinema for definite.

My fears are that they've cut it back to just explosions and lasers, and lost everything Star Trek is about.

• Like 1

I'm also with Jamie. Looks like they're substituting explosions for plot, but I'm going and hoping for a happy surprise.

I already made a lengthy post about this in another thread, so I'll keep it brief here.

I'll probably end up seeing it, but the trailer pretty much killed any confidence I had about the movie. Given Into Darkness's 'borrowing' of details from Wrath of Khan and Beyond's apparent 'borrowing' of details from Search for Spock, I'm starting to feel this is a trend. Standing by for space whales and mysterious god-like entities in the next couple movies.

Link to other discussion thread for anyone interested in everyone's comments there: http://forums.starbase118.net/index.php/topic/12986-star-trek-beyond-trailer-released/