• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Where Would You Like It?

Tracey

Where Would You Like It?   

27 members have voted

1. 1. What setting for a new series would you perfer?

• Based on the New Movies
    • Based on Post Dominion War
    • Based on Romulan-Federation War
    • Based in the far future
    • Other

Welcome again to the Poll of the Week!

I appologize for the delay. I was on a short LOA due to personal reasons. I am now back and ready to continue with our regularly scheduled Poll of the Weeks! So let's get things started.

I have noticed that there has been talk of maybe a new Star Trek series in the works. Whether this is true or not, is anyone's guess. But in this week's Poll of the Week, let's think hypothetically there will be one.

Should there be a new series, where would you like the new Star Trek series to be set? Would it be based on the universe portrayed in the new movies? Or would you prefer it being based in the prime universe post Dominion war? Would you rather see the new series explore more of the past in a Romulan-Federation War setting? Or how about a Star Trek series set in the far future? Or maybe you have a different setting you would prefer? So vote away and let us know here at Poll of the Week what would be your dream scenario for the setting of a New Star Trek series, should one ever be broadcast over the small-screen airways ever again.

Edited by Tracey

I went with the Romulan-Federation War. It's a part of Trek history that hasn't been well explored.

I said it in another post, and I'll say it again. I would love to see a series set somewhere between Prime Universe ST6 and TNG (the 2290s-2360s). My favorite idea is to have it based either on the Excelsior itself, captained by Captain Sulu (and played by none other than George Takei himself!), or on another ship in that era, ideally still an Excelsior (because they're beautiful). We know almost nothing of that era, except that the Enterprise-C saved a Klingon outpost, paving the way for a permanent alliance. Due to the Khitomer Accords, it is unlikely the Klingons would still be a major adversary. But what about the Romulans? They retreated into their space around 2310, and hardly a peep was heard for 50 years. Why did they disappear? Was it a political problem, or something else? What else happened back then?

• Like 1

I agree!

Exploring an existing time period which hasn't had much coverage would be best. Plus the uniforms around that time were all kinds of awesome.

• Like 1

I agree!

Exploring an existing time period which hasn't had much coverage would be best. Plus the uniforms around that time were all kinds of awesome.

I know! The more militaristic, complex red uniforms are gorgeous!

Take me back to the

Sweet times, and fun nights

Everything's gonna be alright

Post-Voyager

Only post-Voyager

And even if I have to wait till

Next year!

I don't care

All i know is that I'll see you there

Post-Voyager

Only post-Voyager

Cause that's where I wanna be!

• Like 1

I would actually like it in the PAST. I would love to see a starship caught in our time trying to obey the prime directive while dealing with this culture. Think of it exploring Vulcan and all the other worlds as they were in 2015.

I liked the movies but for me they are not part of the good old star trek feeling. So I dont like a series in this new time zone. For me its best where we left. Do maybe see if Sisko ever came back, Riker made it as a captain and how the Borg recovered after the voyager incident.

And yes.. i know there are books out there to read about those things (have some of them) but its good to get a new serie going as well. Maybe captain Worf?

I'd love a series in the 2150's. The Romulan War has been outlined in many Enterprise novelizations, but it would be cool to actually see it on the big screen. Post- Dominion War would be interesting. Then again, a series set aboard Excelsior would be phenomenal. Sulu as captain, with Chekov as his first. A couple of books have established the main crew, as well; Nurse Chapel would be there, as well as a young Tuvok and an older Leonard James Akaar.That would be amazing.