• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Colorblind

Kali Nicholotti

Colorblind  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Color Would You 'Recast' as the Command Color for Starfleet Uniforms?

• Good Ol' Red
    • Gold again
    • Blue
    • Pink power!
    • Green
    • Purple
    • Black
    • White
    • Grey
    • Something Else

We all know that when Star Trek originally made its debut, the uniform colors were a bit different than what we saw as the franchise developed. Like any good military, evolution came with time, and that included both the uniform style and the colors that were used for the different departments. Modern military uniforms have gone through their own evolution as well, though we see less in the inclusion of colors and more in the style. For Trek, though, colors have a very important significance - they tell us a person's job.

Between the Original Series and The Next Generation, Command duty stations turned from gold to red, while Engineering and Security went from red to gold. Science and Medical remained blue, but only for the time we know of. And that is what leads us into this week's poll of the week. If you could recast the color of command again, what color would it be? Would you stick with the dark red that seems to command respect, or would you opt for something entirely different?

Let us know what you'd choose, and why below!

Definitely gold again for me. Although my first foray into the Star Trek universe began with TNG, when I started to watch TOS it just seemed to make so much more sense (to me, I know it's all relative and subjective).

Stick with red. And as for the style, I really like the post-First Contact uniform style. It looked a bit more...professional than a jumpsuit.

I voted Purple, because it would be different than anything already done.
On the other hand, in STO my choice for my characters is always white with some gold patches (but gold, not yellow).

I voted Purple, because it would be different than anything already done.

On the other hand, in STO my choice for my characters is always white with some gold patches (but gold, not yellow).

Diplomacy is currently purple... I wish it wasn't, but it is.

I always liked the old gold. But I thought I'd take the opportunity to vote for something different and went for white.

The dress uniforms in some of the films are black and white (I think!) and thought they looked very smart.