• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Renegades

Tracey

Renegades  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen Star Trek: Renegades yet?

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

Star Trek: Renegades had its world premiere at the Crest Theater in Los Angeles on August 1, 2015.

The project was an independently produced TV pilot for a potential new “Star Trek” online series.

As I have not yet seen it I used the outline from the IMDB website for the film's description. There they say that the premise of the film is that a problem with the distribution of dilithium has occured and as a result, space and time is folding in on itself. Chekov lives forever in the Star Trek universe and appears to still be alive as he asks for the help of Tuvok to carry out the mission to fix what is wrong. The film is directed by Tim Russ.

So that brings us to this week's Poll of the Week question. Have you seen Star Trek: Renegades yet? If no, do you plan to see it? If yes, what did you think about it? So vote away and please leave your comments below. Be careful though and please try to avoid spoilers for those, like I, who have yet to see the film.

The production quality wasn't bad, for a fan film.

That said, it really flew in the face of what Star Trek is all about. There was no exploration, no optimism, no hope that humanity will overcome all of its difficulties. Instead, the implication was that Starfleet is somewhat incompetent and full of traitors, and so the only people you can trust are a bunch of characters who felt like they stepped out of a bad fan-fic, flying around on a ship that might as well be called the U.S.S. Mary Sue.

• Like 1

I just finished watching it and other than falling victim to the postmodern "dark, gritty, everything is morally grey" clichés, the film spends way, way too much time explaining things instead of delivering narrative and emotion which is often a symptom of some fan productions. It spends too much time laying down a fanon than telling an actual Star Trek story.

• Like 1