• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

JP by Lts DeVeau and Moonsong - More Girl Talk

Saveron

((Astrofori I: T’ang Wu’s Vulcan Chinese Cuisine.))

::Raissa agreed to meet Alora for lunch on the station. She had found this place the last time she was here and had wanted to try the food for herself. She found a corner booth to sit and wait for her friend, drinking water.::

::Her wandering around the ship had not improved her mood. She was beginning to feel as if nothing would. She could still do her job and she supposed that was what mattered. It wasn’t enough, but it would have to do.::

DeVeau: Hey Raissa!

::Raissa had been early and Alora - usually early, but not quite as early as her friend. As she slipped into the booth across from her friend, she smiled and then slid over to position herself in the middle of the bench.::

DeVeau: Shore leave, at last!

::Raissa raised an eyebrow at her.::

Moonsong: Technically we weren’t away that long….::faint smile.:: But I do know what you mean.

DeVeau: With the Q involved, it seemed like forever.

::That was an exaggeration, but boy was Alora glad to be out of that mess. If she never saw another Q again, it would be far too soon. A Vulcan server came over and handed them menus. After a quick thank you in Golic, Alora scanned through the offerings on the flat screen before her.::

DeVeau: Hm. What to get.

Moonsong: I’ll have the sweet and sour plomeek soup.

DeVeau: I’ll take the orange c’torr as well as an order of two fried gespar rolls. I’d like the rolls to start. Also, an order of garlic saffir. Oh, and water to drink, please.

::She offered the miniature screen back to the waiter and then focused once more on her friend.::

DeVeau: Have you ever interacted with a Q before?

::The faint smile on Raissa’s lips faded. She was still haunted by the predictions.::

Moonsong: No… and I hope never to do so again in this lifetime….

DeVeau: Amen to that. Once was far more than enough.

::The waiter arrived with a drink for Alora, asserted that their food would be out momentarily, then let the two return to their conversation.::

DeVeau: So any plans for shore leave?

::Raissa shook her head.::

Moonsong: No… but I do have some counseling sessions coming up. ::pause:: Shore leave seems to be the best time to do them.

::She folded her hands on the tabletop.::

Moonsong: Although I did hear something interesting via the ‘Gaby-vine’.

DeVeau: Oh?

::The Gaby-vine? Amusement tickled the corners of Alora’s mouth.::

DeVeau: Before you tell me what you heard, you must assure me that you are going to take _some_ shore leave. Counselor or no, you need some downtime too.

::Raissa’s gaze drifted to stare over Alora’s shoulder.Downtime to do what? Carter was gone. CD was gone. And their absence was significant enough to make her realize how limited her life had become.::

Moonsong: Alora… if someone needs my help, I will not turn them away.

DeVeau: I’m not saying you should, just that you need shore leave too.

Moonsong: After a mission is when I’m needed most. ::sighs:: I promise to take some time. I went around to introduce myself to some of the scientists assigned to the Invicta. Happy now?

::Alora shook her head, then lifted her glass so she could sip at her water.::

DeVeau: Nope. I need a promise that you’re going to watch a movie with me. I have a ton of options.

::Raissa sighed. Alora was rather persistent with sometimes very odd tastes.::

Moonsong: Fine….

DeVeau: Tomorrow. After dinner. My quarters. Do you like fairy tales?

::If Saveron didn’t care for fairy tales, maybe Raissa would. If not, there were plenty of other choices.

::That elicited a smirk from Raissa.::

Moonsong: Depends on the culture you cull from…

DeVeau: Good. Okay, so tell me what’s been traveling along the ‘Gaby-vine’.

Moonsong: The Incredible adventures of Cinderella in Vulcan-land.

::Alora groaned, then rolled her head around only to hide her face on her arms upon the table. After a moment she rose and sighed.::

DeVeau: It was a disaster.

Moonsong: You’re lucky he cares enough about you to learn about our culture.

DeVeau: Yeah. Well, I think he was interested in learning our culture long before he met me. I doubt he’ll ever want to do that sort of thing ever again.

Moonsong: ::frowned slightly.:: It’s not like you made him do it. Plus… he could have walked out at any time.

DeVeau: Yeah. I know.

::Could have, but didn’t. Of course, Raissa was probably implying that meant he might have similar thoughts about her, but honestly, Saveron just wasn’t the sort to be so impolite as to interrupt the holo adventure.::

DeVeau: How in the world did Gaby find out? It’s not like I told anyone.

Moonsong: How does she find out about anything. You might have been seen going in or coming out. A quick check on last program you used. A little Nurse Porchevska flair and BOOM! On the chatlines you appear.

DeVeau: Someone needs to censor her before she causes problems.

::Some people just didn’t learn. While Alora wasn’t guiltless when it came to gossip, she did try not to spread rumours around and often gave little weight to those she heard until she could go straight to the source.::

DeVeau: I hope she hasn’t spread anything further about me. That was embarrassing enough.

::Did the entire ship know? Ugh, would Adrian know? Last she heard, he’d transferred to A1 as well.::

Moonsong: I think the idea was enough…. And it is done with affection… mostly.

DeVeau: Affection? Really?

::Alora snorted and spread a napkin over her lap.::

DeVeau: Anyway, I would prefer to get off that topic. You know, to something not so completely embarrassing.

::Raissa smiled.::

Moonsong: She did give you the cat and I doubt she’ll ever try to get you drunk again.

DeVeau: True, I do have to admit, Sachiko was a rather nice gift.

::And a sweet little thing. Every time Alora came home, the little feline greeted her with loud purrs and gentle rubs against her legs. ::

DeVeau: So other than watching a movie with me, do have anything you’d like to do to relax during shore leave?

::Raissa’s smile, slight though it was, faded.::

Moonsong: I am beginning to wonder if I ever did. Remember I do a lot of counselling during that time.

DeVeau: Yes, we’ve already established that, but you’ll not be doing counseling all of the time, which means that some of the time you’ll be eating, some of the time you’ll be sleeping, and some of the time you’ll spend on enjoyable pursuits. I was just curious as to what those pursuits might be.

Moonsong: ::sighs and pushes away her barely touched soup.:: I used to spend time with Carter until I broke up with him… Or CD until he was transferred to the Columbia.

::Alora’s own smile faded and she stretched out to pat her friend’s hand.::

DeVeau: I’m sorry, Raissa, I really am. But I’m still here. We can hang out, right?

::Raissa withdrew her hand quickly. According to Saveron, Alora was probably a Sensitive, but the last thing she wanted to do was risk the only friend she had left. After a moment, Alora withdrew her hand, brows furrowed.::

Moonsong: Of course we can…. ::pause.:: Alora, that doesn’t mean I don’t want to be touched. It just means until Saveron determines that my control is solid, I don’t want to risk harming you. It’s the reason Carter and I are no longer together. A brief touch from you is safe enough since you’re a sensitive… But I almost put Carter in sickbay… even so, it was close. I almost damaged him…

DeVeau: I’m not afraid.

::And she wasn’t. If anyone could get control of such power, it would be Raissa and Alora had confidence in her abilities. The problem was, did Raissa have confidence in herself? The counselor closed her eyes a moment.::

Moonsong: It’s so hard… I feel so alone…. I didn’t realize until I lost the two of them… All I have left is you and Saveron and Evan… Everyone else is a patient….

DeVeau: We’re all patients at some point or another.

::Except maybe Saveron, but he was a Vulcan and generally their self control was unshakeable.::

DeVeau: Have you thought about seeing a counselor? Talking about what’s going on?

::After all, counselors might sometimes need counselors too. But Raissa was shaking her head.::

Moonsong: I’ve come to realize that the counselors on the ship are not that comfortable with me. I don’t know if it’s because they don’t know me well, I’m their boss or if they’re freaked out by my telepathy.

::She sighed again.::

Moonsong: I suppose I could consider contacting one of the station counselors, but I don’t know if any have a security level high enough.

DeVeau: You never know.

::Raissa glanced at her friend. A faint smile reluctantly touched her lips.::

Moonsong: You’re going to pester me until I do, aren’t you?

DeVeau: This is not pestering.

::Alora’s eyes glimmered with a mischievous light.::

DeVeau: I have four brothers. I know how to pester. You really don’t want me to go into younger sister mode, do you?

::Her smile warmed.::

Moonsong: I’d hardly consider you a *younger* sister, Alora….

DeVeau: Pfft. Cause I will.

::Her hands went up in surrender. She had no doubt Alora would do just that.::

DeVeau: And I’m very, verygood at it.

Moonsong: Of that I have no doubt.

::She raised an eyebrow.::

Moonsong: Of course the reverse is true.

DeVeau: Meaning?

::Alora’s eyebrows arched upward.::

Moonsong: I’m a counselor. Pester is part of my job description.

DeVeau: Well, yeah.

Moonsong: How about we talk about why you refuse to tell Saveron of your interest?

DeVeau: Because the reaction to what happened indicated a lack of interest in anything other than friendship.

::Alora fiddled with her glass of water and then drew a long sip before

she continued.::

DeVeau: I used what we did as a gauge. It fell flat. Way, way flat. If he was interested...well, I don’t want to ruin our friendship and I’m afraid by telling him that’s going to happen. I’d rather keep him

as a friend than create a rift between us.

::She leveled her gaze upon her friend, while her hand fiddled with the straw, drawing it up and down in the glass. With the motion, her mouth quirked upward on one side, a smirk that could not disguise her disappointment.::

DeVeau: Better to have him in one aspect than not at all.

::Raissa met her gaze with a raised eyebrow.::

Moonsong: Alora, I am deeply fond of you. I don’t how to say this without hurting your feelings.

DeVeau: Then you might as well just come out and say it.

Moonsong: For a woman as well versed in Vulcan culture as I happen to know you are…. you’re an idiot.

::Alora sighed and placed a thumb over the end of her straw. With a short motion, she lifted it from her glass, observing the water trapped inside.::

DeVeau: Look, I thought maybe it would give me some insight. It didn’t, and I don’t want to risk losing what I have. Despite my feelings, I still want him as a friend and admitting this to him would make it weird and likely ruin it.

::Raissa sighed. Her friend was stubborn too.::

Moonsong: Alora… I had long talk with Saveron. I wanted to make sure my reasons for breaking up with Carter was logical and not just emotional. So we ended up talking about relationships.

::Alora hadn’t realised that, but she wasn’t a telepath like her friend. With another short movement, her thumb released the trapped water, then Alora repeated the previous gestures, capturing another strawful.::

Moonsong: I even asked him if he would ever Bond again and if he would consider a non-human.

::Despite herself, Alora couldn’t feign disinterest. She cast a sidelong glance at her companion.::

DeVeau: What did he say?

::She watched Alora playing with the straw with interest. It was an interesting little habit she had. Little things would suddenly take on precision and importance. She couldn’t remember the last time she actually saw her sitting still.::

Moonsong: That he had not considered it, but he would not be opposed to it.

::Well, that was promising, but that didn’t mean she’d be the one he might consider as potential for more. Generally, Alora tried to be optimistic, but there were just some things she had difficulty with and that was one of them.::

Moonsong: He enlightened me about Vulcan relationships. It was quite interesting.

DeVeau: You mean about the arranged marriages?

::Raissa shook her head.::

Moonsong: No. Not all relationships are arranged. I thought it was fascinating, what he told me.

::Raissa was baiting her, waiting to pounce with her words of wisdom like a jaguar stalking prey in the depths of the jungle. All Alora had to do was give her the opportunity. If that was what she wanted, she might as well. With another flick of her fingers, Alora sipped on the straw, taking that bait.::

DeVeau: And what did he tell you?

::She smiled. She was really fond of Alora and regardless of the mess her own life, she wanted her friend to be happy.::

Moonsong: I learned that if Vulcans are interested in each other, they come right out and say it. If one is not receptive to… romance doesn’t seem to be the right word… intimacy, then they say so. Then they go back to their previous relationship/friendship. No rifts. No weirdness….

::She paused and wondered if Alora was getting the message. Her beating around the bush was getting her nowhere.::

Moonsong: So all this rift and weird it all in your head.

DeVeau: Maybe. Probably. But what you just told me also confirmed something.

Moonsong: ::sighs:: Alora….

DeVeau: He’s not interested. If he was, he’d just come to me and tell me, but he hasn’t so he’s not, so I think I’ll just leave things as they are.

::Even if the weirdness was in her head, it was her head she had to deal with for the rest of her life, so Alora might as well limit the embarrassment as much as she could.::

Moonsong: What’s stopping you from telling him you're interested in a relationship again?

DeVeau: Myself. But even so, if he’s not interested, what’s the point in telling him? He would have said something to me if he were.

::Raissa put her elbows on the table and covered her face with her hands::

Moonsong: Argh!

DeVeau: Raissa…

::Alora sighed and leaned her elbow upon the table, chin in her hand. At that moment, the waiter arrived with their food and she straightened to allow him to place her plate before her. He paused, a single eyebrow arched upward at the semi-prostrate counselor.::

Waiter: Your meal.

::Raissa sat up and nodded.::

Moonsong: Thank you. ::pause.:: May I ask you a question?

Waiter: Of course.

Moonsong: Is it logical to avoid a situation that carries risk, but has the potential to have a positive outcome?

Waiter: No.

::Raissa nodded::

Moonsong: Thank you.

::She looked at Alora and raised an eyebrow in a manner that would make Saveron proud.::

DeVeau: Is it logical to enter into a situation when you already know the outcome?

Moonsong: You don’t know the outcome. You think you do, but that is fear talking.

::The waiter wisely walked away::

Moonsong: I have the desire to go to Saveron and ask him if he is interested in a relationship…. with you.

::Immediately, a frown made its presence known and Alora squirmed in her seat.::

DeVeau: Please don’t.

Moonsong: Then you have to.

DeVeau: No.

::The last thing she wanted to do was to embarrass herself again, especially in front of Saveron.::

Moonsong: I think you’re wrong about Cinderella

::Wrong?::

DeVeau: What do you mean?

Moonsong: He never says no when you ask him to do these… adventures. I know for a fact he finds your company very agreeable.

::She did have a point, except that Alora didn’t think there was as much there as Raissa was indicating.::

DeVeau: Yes, because we’re friends, and because he likes to learn about different cultures and new things.

Moonsong: Alora, this will eat you alive. ::she huffed:: It looks like I am going to have to play Fairy Godmother after all…

DeVeau: Raissa, please, don’t.

Moonsong: For once, you are going to have to trust me.

DeVeau: I’m begging you.

::Thoughts of what she might do coupled with Alora’s own images of what she might do in the wake of whatever happened flashed through her mind. Transfer to a different ship. Maybe she’d put herself in a coma. Maybe she’d lock herself in her rooms. Just hide under the covers for

the rest of her life…::

Moonsong: ::smirks:: For help? Of course I’ll help you.

DeVeau: You realise, whatever you do will receive payback, right?

Moonsong: That could be interesting…

::Raissa smiled brightly for the first time.::

Moonsong: Since I could never pull off Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty… I’ll settle for caramel apples….

::With that, Raissa, for the first time in a long while, had an appetite and began to eat her soup.::

Moonsong: We really should come here again…

::Alora simply groaned and stuffed a bite into her mouth.::

End

Lt. Raissa Moonsong

Chief of Counseling

USS Invicta

G239107RM0

&

Lt. Alora DeVeau

Chief of Science

USS Invicta

M239008AD0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.