• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Personal Protection

Tracey

Personal Protection  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Star Fleet Security Officer would make the best body gaurd

Welcome to the Poll of the Week!

Where I live, or close to it, about 45 minutes away in a small town called Pointe Calumet Quebec, Kylie Jenner will be celebrating her 18th birthday partying at a place called the Beach Club in a couple of weeks. Along with her, she will be bringing an entouage of other celebrities along with her as well as Justin Bieber who is supposed to MC the event.

I have been to the Beach Club twice before. What started out as a small community dance club on the beach front, has turned into an apparent international sensation. It also helps that the legal drinking age in Quebec is 18. It may be the reason Kylie Jenner is coming here instead of anywhere in the USA since the legal drinking age in most US states is 21. Also, rumor has it she will be paid almost two hundred thousand dollars to make the appearance. Pretty good gig if you can get it, I'm sure.

As with most celebrities that I have run across, she will also probably be bringing along her personal body guards for protection. It would be almost dangerous for big name celebrities to walk around unprotected in any public venue, although I have seen it. I ran into Dave Shapelle a couple of weeks ago at a local restaurant about a week ago for example and he was alone and quite a few sports celebrities who were alone. My first run-in with a celebrity was way back in 2003 when I met Angelina Jolie at a local Ben and Jerry's in downtown Montreal. She too was alone at the time.

So this week's Poll of the Week deals with personal protection. What if you were famous in the Star Trek universe? If you needed to make a public appearance, which of the security officers portrayed in Star Trek would you trust most to protect you from the crowds of fans? So vote away and let us know why you chose who you did.

Worf, hands down. Having a Klingon protector would be awesome.

The way that Worf always got manhandled by everyone puts him out of the running for me, so I'll have to go with Odo. He's the right mix of tough and grouchy to keep me out of trouble.

Tasha Yar, for me. Worf, as noted, always got his butt handed to him in most episodes despite being a Klingon. Odo would be cool, but you'd never know where or what he was which would be disconcerting. Haven't watched much Enterprise to know the pros and cons of Tucker. Tuvok would be my second choice, and Chekov... Chekov couldn't guard a fire.

So that leaves dependable, reliable, slightly psychotic Tasha Yar. :D She'd also be the coolest to hang out with, in those brief downtime periods when you aren't possibly being killed.

• Like 1

Two people actually. Odo and Tuvok.

Tuvok because of his training in martial arts since childhood, strength and speed He's hard to anger so few people could "push his buttons ".

Odo -shape shifting abilities. He could literally disguise himself as anyone or anything for protection even in the restroom.

Tuvok probably wouldn't walk into the ladies bathroom, Odo as a bracelet could.

Odo is basically the T-1000. When there was a changeling infiltrator that pretended to be Dr. Bashir, it managed to steal a runabout after killing the entire crew. If Odo really wanted to, he could be terrifyingly unstoppable.

t1000-hand-real01.jpg

• Like 1

While Odo was the least likeable to me, I want a body guard who can always be where I need him.A guy who can be a cobweb or knicknack really fits the bill. He was always ready to drop a bad guy too.

As to Worf, I couldn't have a guy around who drank prune juice and ate stuff that slithered on the plate! ( Excuse me while I gag.)

• 4 weeks later...

Someone is paying attention to our site.... I found this very interesting. I guess they ran out of ideas so they nicked Tracey's. http://www.startrek.com/article/poll-says-you-want-this-security-officer-as-your-bodyguard